• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOctober

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Lady Gaga getting a thread was a choice of the poster for getting quick laughs.

Ahh yes, the good old "putting the words into the mouth of other". Clearly, I can't express that I like megathread to be all about weekly updates and new threads for new gameplay info.

I'm done being in this colossal thread since everyone of you gang up on whoever disagrees with philosophies of those who post here.

You know exactly what the E3 rules are. Miley Cyrus in Rock Band doesn't deserve it's own thread cause that's a weekly update that this thread takes care of. New gameplay video or news that puts light on new feature deserves it's own thread. Realtar deserved a thread cause alot of people heard of it but had not seen it in action (including me).

I didn't put those words in your mouth, you did. You know what the rules are sounds like you are trying way to hard to be a mod to me. Keep it up though I enjoy it.

Grecco

TheGreatDave said:
To be fair, Realtar was documented (and in gif form, with links to videos) in the USAToday reveal thread.

For people who were paying attention during the USAToday reveal, E3 had nothing thread worthy for Rock Band 3.

Ehh, why am I posting, I don't even care.

Pretty much what i was trying to say. The realtar with videos was already revealed and shown and posted in a seperate thread than this mini community thread

Jet Grind shows as a regular member to me, not banned. Eh.

And wow, this whole thread and community went nuclear while I was at work. Baker's ban is a little surprising, but Space Cadet is reaping what he sowed. The ban was not a surprise, Space Cadet's behavior was.

Megathreads become a pain when you have to navigate through tons of posts for information. I like the idea of a big thread for general discussion, with other threads for discussion on specific news. So if Rockband 100 is coming out for $70 on September 20th, that announcement should be in its own thread, not buring in a 500 page thread created months or years ago.

Megathreads aren't what's killing GAF, but they certainly don't help

AMUSIX

Baker was being snarky towards Evilore...I could see a ban being merited, but perma is over-reacting. Of course, Baker over-reacted to Evilore's foundless 'scolding' of the thread.

Space deserved his ban...not sure if he's perma'd or not, but I wouldn't be surprised...

JGR and shagg_187...I really don't understand where the bans came from, I'm assuming it's something that happened in another thread?

For any mods: Noone in this thread has any problem with creating new threads for any rock band-related news. It has been done in the past (RBN, Gaga, RB3 reveal, etc) but some guidance as to where the line should be drawn would be greatly appreciated.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program:

Charron mentioned that the back-catalog may not be as compatible with pro-drums as previously thought...where did this come from? Because, as far as I know, even something as far back as Constant Motion has the cymbals properly charted.

Raistlin

AMUSIX said:
JGR and shagg_187...I really don't understand where the bans came from, I'm assuming it's something that happened in another thread?

The reason for JGR's banning is posted on this page ... twice

[Edit]

*looks up*

thrice :p

AMUSIX

Raistlin said:
The reason for JGR's banning is posted on this page ... twice
[Edit]
*looks up*
thrice :p
ha...ok, I had read those...I just didn't get it. Thought people were just giving him shit for using a British dialect...didn't realize it was bannable. Don't understand it, but I'll be sure to stay away from the king's english from now on.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I see. You're flipping around what I said. Clever girl.
300px-DVDPlay_2009-05-06_16-54-20-72.jpg

Ashour

It would be really sad if they didn't patch keyboard on keyboard heavy songs like "Don't Stop Believing", not to mention that this song is one of the best selling songs on RB.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Good to see it only took 12 hours to get this thread back on the non-track.

But yeah, fuck this pop crap. C'mon, HMX. And don't give us any "we're saving the good tracks for the RB3 release" BS. The Who dominating pack released in July of 08, 2 months before RB2 came out.

birdman

Ashour said:
It would be really sad if they didn't patch keyboard on keyboard heavy songs like "Don't Stop Believing", not to mention that this song is one of the best selling songs on RB.

Does Wasted Years have synth in it?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Space. :(

Was he permabanned or temporarily banned?

In Rock Band related news, I finally managed to five star Flirtin' with Disaster on expert guitar. <3 Hyperspeed. Makes everything more fun.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I hope RB3 comes with a patch disc that you put in that knocks some DLC up to RB3 levels (at the very least Pro drums and harmonies).

I'd pay an extra $10-$20 for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom