• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
The highways scroll faster as you go up in difficulty. It's really obvious on faster songs, because the markers get really squeezed together on Easy.

corkscrewblow said:
Meshuggah is awesome

Yeah, no shit....but as i stated...Not so much in Rock Band.

The more I think about Baker's permaban the pissed off I get. I wouldn't go into a Halo Multiplayer thread with 5000+ posts and expect to fit in right away, or to get Halo info. Yet we are expected to make a new thread everytime information is released? Also, the reason we don't make new threads is because inevitably within the first five posts we get shit like: "They still make music games...that shit is dead," or "Learn to play a real instrument." And who wants to defend the game anymore, or answer 500 questions that are a variation on some fucking minor detail that anyone with a brain can find on wikipedia, etc. if they would only look around for a minute or two, and that has been answered to completion three fucking pages back (it's not that difficult to search through a thread). Come in to the RB Superthread and ask, sure we are going to give you shit (although it will be no worse than an FPS thread) because that's what we do, but it is all in good fun and we are all affable guys and gals here. It just takes some time to get to know us and us to get to know you. Expecting us to provide separate threads for all RB related info is asinine.

It's pretty dumb really. Acting like idiots isn't going to solve anything. Even if banning Baker was ridiculous, the rest of Evilore's stuff wasn't anything to be especially offended by. Common, men.

Wow. Way to act immature.

Space Cadet said:
The more I think about Baker's permaban the pissed off I get. I wouldn't go into a Halo Multiplayer thread with 5000+ posts and expect to fit in right away, or to get Halo info. Yet we are expected to make a new thread everytime information is released? Also, the reason we don't make new threads is because inevitably within the first five posts we get shit like: "They still make music games...that shit is dead," or "Learn to play a real instrument." And who wants to defend the game anymore, or answer 500 questions that are a variation on some fucking minor detail that anyone with a brain can find on wikipedia, etc. if they would only look around for a minute or two, and that has been answered to completion three fucking pages back (it's not that difficult to search through a thread). Come in to the RB Superthread and ask, sure we are going to give you shit (although it will be no worse than an FPS thread) because that's what we do, but it is all in good fun and we are all affable guys and gals here. It just takes some time to get to know us and us to get to know you. Expecting us to provide separate threads for all RB related info is asinine.

LOL. You need to create a new Rock Band forum just for this, and you took what the mods said about creating a new thread a bit too much. Welcome to E3, I guess. Oh well... pity. lol

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Space Cadet
Banned
(Today, 09:50 PM)
Reply | Quote

TheGreatDave said:
It's pretty dumb really. Acting like idiots isn't going to solve anything. Even if banning Baker was ridiculous, the rest of Evilore's stuff wasn't anything to be especially offended by Common, men.

duckroll

If you guys want to act like kids, you'll be treated as kids. We've explained WHY we would like people to create more news threads instead of keeping stuff buried in megathreads. There are many people who read and post on NeoGAF besides mini-communities in each mega thread. Do not be selfish and silly. Trying to do something dumb like this isn't going to result in anything but a ban in the end, and that really benefits no one.

Ronabo

It's not really unreasonable to make a new thread for something new/big and important.

From the one RB3 thread EvilLore made I saw quite a few people saying how cool the RealTar was and they were looking forward to RB3.

Isn't that what we want, new players of the game?

parasight

Ronabo said:
It not really unreasonable to make a new thread for something new/big and important.

From the one RB3 thread EvilLore made I saw quite a few people saying how cool the RealTar was and they were looking forward to RB3.

Yes, but what Space was doing is spamming. Being an idiot trying to prove a silly point. Childish.

so if we post something in here instead of making a new thread will we get banned? I usually don't post a new thread unless it's something SUPER MAJOR like Beatles being exported or something like that. I don't classify "All 83 songs for RB3 revealed" as major news. That's probably me being such a huge RB fan that nothing ever really comes off as major to me.

I just wanna make sure I'm not banned for informing the people who will care about the news the most.

Keep in mind I understand the mods point of view.

DJ_Tet

Banned
duckroll said:
If you guys want to act like kids, you'll be treated as kids. We've explained WHY we would like people to create more news threads instead of keeping stuff buried in megathreads. There are many people who read and post on NeoGAF besides mini-communities in each mega thread. Do not be selfish and silly. Trying to do something dumb like this isn't going to result in anything but a ban in the end, and that really benefits no one.

But there was a thread made and a mod even posted in it.

Remfin

Ronabo said:
It's not really unreasonable to make a new thread for something new/big and important.

Except the thread for that news was already created a week ago and had hundreds of replies

This boils down to a request we create 2 threads for every important piece of news, because someone may miss the first one? Because this whole incident stems from information (the realtar) that was part of the OP of that thread and was discussed throughout.

SpaceCadet was certainly acting out (and I'm sure deserves a ban by the rules), but no one is pissed about having to post a new thread for news; it's because a mod came in here, lectured the thread for doing something (that we weren't doing), and a member was banned when they asked for clarification.

This is all Costanza's fault for starting the RB3 thread with "Deserves own thread imo....", and promoting Evilore's rage.

Whatever, shit is boring now. I'll leave you all to it.

Grecco

duckroll said:

New threads were made with discussions about the New RB3 stuff from the USA today reveal even if we have a "mini communitie". Is making a thread about a new video of the Realtar any different than making athread about mega artist mylie cyrus coming to rock band?

Natakuu

Banned
Raistlin said:
Just seems weird to pour a 40 for someone acting out like they're in kindergarten.
Yes, because when someone commits suicide nobody mourns for them..

I realize that this isn't anywhere near that severity, but you get the analogy I'm going for.

MrOctober

Banned
Obviously Space was trying to prove a point and suiciding on purpose and look he even brought all new people in here to comment about how childish he was so thanks for posting about that and never talking to us about Rock Band. The problem was with Baker.

The dude was just joking around. I can't imagine a time where I'd be with friends and not give a buddy shit, that's not a big deal. The other problem was we did make another thread as Remfin pointed out. It was a misunderstanding and Baker has to be perma banned for it and that sucks, he's a good dude.

Natakuu

Banned
MrOctober said:
Obviously Space was trying to prove a point and suiciding on purpose and look he even brought all new people in here to comment about how childish he was so thanks for posting about that and never talking to us about Rock Band. The problem was with Baker.
Yep. I'm sad to see Space go but it was expected once he started creating the threads. Baker on the other hand..

Grecco said:
New threads were made with discussions about the New RB3 stuff from the USA today reveal even if we have a "mini communitie". Is making a thread about a new video of the Realtar any different than making athread about mega artist mylie cyrus coming to rock band?

You know exactly what the E3 rules are. Miley Cyrus in Rock Band doesn't deserve it's own thread cause that's a weekly update that this thread takes care of. New gameplay video or news that puts light on new feature deserves it's own thread. Realtar deserved a thread cause alot of people heard of it but had not seen it in action (including me).

Remfin

shagg_187 said:
You know exactly what the E3 rules are. Miley Cyrus in Rock Band doesn't deserve it's own thread cause that's a weekly update that this thread takes care of. New gameplay video or news that puts light on new feature deserves it's own thread. Realtar deserved a thread cause alot of people heard of it but had not seen it in action (including me).
But Lady Gaga deserved a thread and evidently that was OK? You do realize both of these artists are huge damn deals even if you don't like their music? In fact, they're huge damn deals to the very kind of people who wouldn't generally read a Rock Band thread.

Natakuu

Banned
shagg_187 said:
I just find it weird. There was already a thread for the RB3 reveal that included a lot of talk about the protar. There's this megathread. There was then the new thread created. All three of those threads have a lot of overlap that just end up creating redundancy.

MrOctober

Banned
Remfin said:
But Lady Gaga deserved a thread and evidently that was OK? You do realize both of these artists are huge damn deals even if you don't like their music? In fact, they're huge damn deals to the very kind of people who wouldn't generally read a Rock Band thread.

Just let him do his backseat modding, he clearly enjoys it.

Raistlin

Natakuu said:
Yes, because when someone commits suicide nobody mourns for them..

I realize that this isn't anywhere near that severity, but you get the analogy I'm going for.

He wasn't perm'ed was he?

Ehh, just seemed like a really lame tantrum to me. Whatever.

shagg_187 said:

To be fair, Realtar was documented (and in gif form, with links to videos) in the USAToday reveal thread.

For people who were paying attention during the USAToday reveal, E3 had nothing thread worthy for Rock Band 3.

Ehh, why am I posting, I don't even care.

Raistlin

Remfin said:

He created like 8 threads in the span of 5 minutes.

Remfin said:

Lady Gaga getting a thread was a choice of the poster for getting quick laughs.

MrOctober said:
Just let him do his backseat modding, he clearly enjoys it.

Ahh yes, the good old "putting the words into the mouth of other". Clearly, I can't express that I like megathread to be all about weekly updates and new threads for new gameplay info.

I'm done being in this colossal thread since everyone of you gang up on whoever disagrees with philosophies of those who post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom