• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Patch out on Steam. Not holding my breath for passworded lobbies = cross plat private games
wtzgU.gif

Sorry to share my own video lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtIjlnVh2DE

hey at least one other person recommended your video as well. lol

OctoMan

Banned
It's just 6 in game items thay there are plenty enough already, right? Seems expensive for 4 bucks. Honestly if they included the free patch with it probably be closer to worth it.

I'm buying anyways. I mean I got the game through ps+ and the devs seem cool to support

Salsa

It's just 6 in game items thay there are plenty enough already, right? Seems expensive for 4 bucks. Honestly if they included the free patch with it probably be closer to worth it.

I'm buying anyways. I mean I got the game through ps+ and the devs seem cool to support

I feel $4 is pretty fair considering they could go the TF2 / Dota 2 route of selling individual items on the market and no one would bat an eye. player base is big enough

$4 for all that (specially the car models) seems okay considering there's not much you can do here DLC wise if you wanna mantain the balance and all

I feel like is more of an, as you say, "shit I paid nothing / this is the most MP fun ive had in a while I wanna support them more" kinda thing too

If it becomes a real problem we'll put limits on the Forfeit vote, like a minimum score threshold you have to be losing by to initiate the vote, etc. We're keeping a close eye on it.

The flipside is we don't feel it's fair to both have a leaver penalty AND disallow a team to honorably concede if there's no point in continuing.
I like the minimum score threshold. Perhaps you could also consider limiting the option to forfeit until the two or three minute mark. That would encourage people to stick around even if they go down early. And it would mitigate how long griefers would have to mess with their teammates that don't want to quit.

Have you considered a vote to draw option? Some games are so laggy you want to quit but don't want to forfeit.

TheFatMan

I'm getting a "Cannot Install Update" error ......god damn it....anyone else? I've never seen this in all the years and hundreds of things I've downloaded.

Patch notes, if they haven't been posted already....

http://rocketleague.psyonix.com/patch-notes/

Added “Supersonic Fury” DLC Pack Support, including…
(DLC) Exclusive “Dominus” and “Takumi” Battle-Cars
(DLC) Six Decals for each new vehicle
(DLC) Five new paint types: “Brushed Metal, Carbon Fiber, Metallic Pearl, Pearlescent,” and “Wood”
(DLC) Two new Wheels: “Cristiano” and “Spinner”
(DLC) Two new Rocket Boosts: “Burnout” and “Nitrous”
Added “Utopia Coliseum” Arena
Added “Spectate” to “Choose Team” menu in “Private Matches,” allowing players the option to watch games rather than participate (3v3 match-type maximum)
Added 70+ new Country Flags and three “Sorry” items for our overloaded launch servers (“Servergate” Wheels, “Disconnected” Antenna, and “White Flag”)
Added 3v3 Team Ranked as a replacement for 3v3 Solo the Online match queue
Ranked matches will no longer start if the game is not full
Added the ability to create or join Private Matches that can be named and/or password-protected
Added “Vote to Forfeit” button to “Ranked” online matches
Up to four Party member’s Battle-Cars can now be displayed on the Menu screens

Complete list below…

NEW CONTENT

Battle-Cars
(DLC) Added “Dominus” (American muscle car)
(DLC) Added “Takumi” (Japanese street racer)
Decals
(DLC) Dominus: Added “Flames”
(DLC) Dominus: Added “Scorpions”
(DLC) Dominus: Added “Skulls”
(DLC) Dominus: Added “Stripes”
(DLC) Dominus: Added “Tats”
(DLC) Dominus: Added “Wings”
(DLC) Takumi: Added “Copycat”
(DLC) Takumi: Added “Chaser”
(DLC) Takumi: Added “Crazy-8″
(DLC) Takumi: Added “Gaki”
(DLC) Takumi: Added “Reiko”
(DLC) Takumi: Added “Stripes”
Paint Types
(DLC) Added “Brushed Metal”
(DLC) Added “Carbon Fiber”
(DLC) Added “Metallic Pearl”
(DLC) Added “Pearlescent”
(DLC) Added “Wood”
Wheels
(DLC) Added “Cristiano”
(DLC) Added “Spinner”
Added “Servergate”

Rocket Boosts
(DLC) Added “Burnout”
(DLC) Added “Nitrous”
Antennas
Added “Disconnected”
Added “White Flag”
Added “Community Flags”
Gassy Mexican
LIRIK
SpoOky1611
Team PowA
YouTube Gaming
Added “Country Flags”
Afghanistan
Albania
American Samoa
Angola
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bangladesh
Belarus
Benin
Bolivia
Burkina Faso
Burma
Burundi
Cambodia
Central African Republic
Chad
Congo DR
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Egypt
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Gabon
Georgia
Guam
Haiti
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Liberia
Libya
Lithuania
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malawi
Mali
Mauritania
Moldova
Mongolia
Montenegro
Morocco
Mozambique
Namibia
Nepal
Niger
North Korea
Northern Mariana Islands
Oman
Palestine
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Puerto Rico
Qatar
Rwanda
Saudi Arabia
Sierra Leone
Somalia
South Sudan
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Syria
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Togo
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkmenistan
U.S. Virgin Islands
Uganda
Uzbekistan
Zambia
Zimbabwe
Trophies and Achievements
Added three new Trophies/ Achievements
(DLC) Added six new DLC-specific Trophies/ Achievements

NEW FEATURES

Gameplay
Added “Spectate” to “Choose Team” menu for “Private Matches”, allowing players the option to watch games rather than participate (3v3 match-type maximum)
Content
Added “Utopia Coliseum” Arena
Online Play
Added “3v3 Team Ranked” as a replacement for “3v3 Solo” the Online match queue
Added “Vote to Forfeit” button to “Ranked” online matches
UI/ UX
Added the ability to create or join Private Matches that can be named and/or password-protected
Added “Community Flags” sub-section to Garage Items/ Antennas
Added “Reset Shot” to Keybinding Options to address errant R1 training reassignment

CHANGES AND UPDATES

“Ranked” matches will no longer start if the game is not full
“Ranked” Skill ratings are now calculated on dedicated servers
Garage Items
Antennas
“Saturn” has been renamed to “Planetoid” (because Saturn doesn’t have craters)
UI/ UX
p to four Party member’s Battle-Cars can now be displayed on the Menu screens

BUG FIXES

Repaired several “Connect Failure” issues
UI/ UX
Fixed “Private Match” bug that sometimes caused the “Update Match” settings to disappear for the Party Leader
Clearing the “Voice Chat” binding no longer removes the binding for “Reset Training”

So sound coming from the controller is a new thing? My memory is terrible.

One small gripe, it's always nice to have an ingame option to disable that, or disable it by default if you choose the headphone output.

Pay for a... Free patch? What?

You do understand the model for this game is free maps and paid cosmetic items, right?

I won a 4v4 match and didn't unlock "All Fours"?

Also rather unfortunate the patch was timed like this, telling us we can buy DLC 2 days before it comes out.

Edit: Wait, so how's spectating work? Is it like, if I try and join a full game from my friends list or something, it'll throw me on a spectator team?

Trojan

PS4 download is extremely sluggish, even after fiddling with MTSU settings. Do updates pull from a PSN server or is it from the publisher side? This download progress bar is moving comically slow.

Hmmm....anyone else have an issue with stats and level being reset?

I've gone from lvl 41 to 7 and back to 12 games when I'd played over 1000.

I won a 4v4 match and didn't unlock "All Fours"?

Also rather unfortunate the patch was timed like this, telling us we can buy DLC 2 days before it comes out.

Edit: Wait, so how's spectating work? Is it like, if I try and join a full game from my friends list or something, it'll throw me on a spectator team?

I think it needs to be played on utopia

Dug

Banned
Mine is doing the same - 2.537GB's downloaded and it's practically frozen. I love how PSN is telling me I have "99+ hours left" on my remaining download of .004GB.
Update just installed after restarting a couple of times. No idea why it had to.

BShadowJ

This patch... I'm so god damn happy. :')

I had thought a few days ago to that I really really wanted to do a GAF 1v1 tournament, but with cross play... and now that it's possible... Damn really. Thanks Psyonix. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom