• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

I'm on PS4 if anyone wants to trade. Just got a second crate (series 1), and will open it today. Also have some rare stuff.

PSN: Optimus_Prime

Nothus

Something is definitely wrong with the inventory management / trading in at the minute. Sometimes it's just not recognising all of my rare items so I can't trade them in, and then other times it's letting me select whatever the hell I want even if they aren't the same level of rarity? It's fucked.

Grinchy

Banned
It's so wrong that you can get wheel drops that are just the standard, common wheels. Why would I want a pair of regular Sunbursts with no paint job? Why is that one of my weekly drops?

v1lla21

The game finally works well on my pc! No more stuttering nor crazy frame drops. Woo!!!
I opened my first and only crate and I got the venom "vice" decal. I like it a lot.

I count myself very fortunate. Opened the only crates I've gotten and received the X-Devil Mk2 and Dominus GT. Would still like to score some of those cool trails and wheels.

I have a few rare and painted items if anyone is interested.

I count myself very fortunate. Opened the only crates I've gotten and received the X-Devil Mk2 and Dominus GT. Would still like to score some of those cool trails and wheels.

I have a few rare and painted items if anyone is interested.

Platform? If you're on PC I may consider trading a Polygon boost for some interesting color Tunica's. I'm particularly after blue's, white, purple/pink or black. The boost is trade locked for 4 more days though and nobody really knows the rates of these items yet.

I cannot get even one Painted item...
How often do you play? I play quite a bit and have gotten six painted items, half of which I don't really like. Seems like painted items, especially wheels, will end up being rarer than anything in crates.

I kind of like the certified items better. Currently rocking a (now veteran) goalkeeper wizard hat. The only downside is they look exactly the same. So it looks like I'm just using a regular topper. First-world problems!

Platform?
I'm on PS4. No painted Tunicas, either way. I hear white wheels (and perhaps black) are some of the most valuable. Will be interesting to see what painted wheels get once more things can be traded. I have lime Traheres and saffron Rat Rods. Not much but I do use the Traheres now.

Platform? If you're on PC I may consider trading a Polygon boost for some interesting color Tunica's. I'm particularly after blue's, white, purple/pink or black. The boost is trade locked for 4 more days though and nobody really knows the rates of these items yet.

That is a nice boost. Wish I had some tires to trade.

I don't even wear toppers but I feel like I should wear the plunger in tribute to it's greatness.

https://gfycat.com/SecondhandWanGordonsetter

That is a nice boost. Wish I had some tires to trade.

There's still a few days until they're unlocked for trading anyway. Plus if you've had anything from the crates at all I'm sure there's probably something else I'd swap for. I'm getting a lot of dupes so far with 9 crates and 4 dupes total so I have a lot of stuff to hopefully trade for.

I don't even wear toppers but I feel like I should wear the plunger in tribute to it's greatness.

https://gfycat.com/SecondhandWanGordonsetter

There's still a few days until they're unlocked for trading anyway. Plus if you've had anything from the crates at all I'm sure there's probably something else I'd swap for. I'm getting a lot of dupes so far with 9 crates and 4 dupes total so I have a lot of stuff to hopefully trade for.

I've gotten 5 commons out of 7. One Road hog XL and the anubis skin.

TheKeyPit

Banned
What was the fastest ball you've seen in Rumble? I saw one go 199 kph (~123 mph). It was a punch right after a hard hitter.

ReNeGaDe124

Hope it's fine to post here for trading. I have a Champions Crate 2 and want to exchange it for a Champions Crate 1. I'm on PS4. PM or add me on PSN if you are interested (same ID as username). Thanks!

MrPanic

Damn, bought 5 keys because I couldn't help myself but from the 4 crates I got so far I really didn't get anything I want. Damn those crate systems.

Matchmaking solo standard is significantly slower for me since the update, around a minute where it used to be 20-30s. :(
Also do we get a free key now and then to open the crates or is this shit burried behind a paywall?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Matchmaking solo standard is significantly slower for me since the update, around a minute where it used to be 20-30s. :(
Also do we get a free key now and then to open the crates or is this shit burried behind a paywall?

It's behind that microtransactions wall. One free key per month (as someone posted in here) would be cool.

I have this crazy obsession about getting to Rocketeer. It's eating into my gaming-habit - I can't play anything but Rocket League right now. I know it's crazy, too, but I am having fun for now. I am a few bars into level 61, so there's a lot to go. I wonder if I can achieve max level before the year changes.

PatjuhR

Lé Blade Runner;216651150 said:
I have this crazy obsession about getting to Rocketeer. It's eating into my gaming-habit - I can't play anything but Rocket League right now. I know it's crazy, too, but I am having fun for now. I am a few bars into level 61, so there's a lot to go. I wonder if I can achieve max level before the year changes.

It's a strange obsession. It will only result in you getting called the worst Rocketeer they ever saw by teammates.

TheKeyPit

Banned
It's a strange obsession. It will only result in you getting called the worst Rocketeer they ever saw by teammates.

Haha :D Seriously, they need to add some new cool tags beside the ones you get with your level. A friend had the idea to choose a tag from one of your certified items. Lets say you have a Halo and its a ridiculous sweeper, you would have the option to choose "Ridiculous Sweeper" as a tag.

Wait for it to be available via crates :p

Grinchy

Banned
The Dominus GT is just so good. I can't use anything else now.

UPEunMp.jpg

Can anyone offer any links to videos etc. to help me on my kick-off game?

I've put in a LOT of hours... i still suck at kick-offs. :/

I can do the angled double boost flip methods... I try to hit the ball directly in the middle directly opposite my goal so when the opponent comes in at an angle it "should" go towards their side. 80% of kick-offs seem to get shoved back to my side of the field regardless of what i try. I always do best hitting the ball with a mindless flip and leaving it to chance... sad.

Cappa

Banned
I've only opened one crate and I can't complain I got the mystery universal decal "labyrinth" which is so cheesy but I love it!!

Also how have some people never gotten painted wheels? I have 6 already from drops lol. Are there people actually willing to trade keys for painted wheels?

bjaelke

I've only opened one crate and I can't complain I got the mystery universal decal "labyrinth" which is so cheesy but I love it!!

Also how have some people never gotten painted wheels? I have 6 already from drops lol. Are there people actually willing to trade keys for painted wheels?

I have 11 painted hats and no wheels.

gVakjvg.png

Just unboxed chakram. Beats common.

Ahhh lucky! Those and lightning are the wheels I'm hoping for. Apparently you can even get colored chakrams. Can't begin to imagine the trade value on them.

I have 11 painted hats and no wheels.

gVakjvg.png

Don't even get me started on painted hats. I have about 20 and I never even wear them. Even with the wheels out of 4 only two are a type I like. I'm too picky.

Unicorn

Should have thrown a key for each dlc players bought, or at least for the 2 dlc car packs they had to limit it to just 2 free keys. I don't mind using card money, but I think more people would be okay if they had a couple free crate items.

MrPanic

Those certified hats don't really have a trade value right? I assume only the painted ones have some value, might just grind them up since they're just taking up space.

Is there a bug where your painted item drop shows up as a non-painted item drop at first? I got regular Sunbursts that I whined about earlier, but now that I'm looking at my inventory today, they're pink Sunbursts.

I've been noticing all kinds of glitches with the item drops: Colors not showing, wrong rarities, not being able to grind them up. It fixes itself when you restart the game though.

Grinchy

Banned
Is there a bug where your painted item drop shows up as a non-painted item drop at first? I got regular Sunbursts that I whined about earlier, but now that I'm looking at my inventory today, they're pink Sunbursts.

Those certified hats don't really have a trade value right? I assume only the painted ones have some value, might just grind them up since they're just taking up space.
Depends on the item and the color. Some painted items are more sought adter than others. Certified are eh. Not sure if there is any demand for those. I have a ton of them.
Yes.l and grats.

Top Bottom