• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Unicorn

I've only ever had series 1 crate drops, are you telling me there's a different type?
I'd love a certified unicorn horn, but I'd much prefer a painted one... I guess it depends on what they look like though. Default is good, I just wish placement and angle would be adjusted on most cars because it looks dumb on most cars.

Actually a lot of items could do with a a touch up in placement and angle. Mohawk in particular looks out of place more often than not.

Grinchy

Banned
I knew it was weird that I got a wheel drop for "regular" wheels. Nice! Now I get to look so pretty.

O5fRQlQ.jpg

I knew it was weird that I got a wheel drop for "regular" wheels. Nice! Now I get to look so pretty.
Damn you have that dominus GT. I bought 20 keys for that thing. I'm down to 12. Only opening crate one keys till I get it but the game has been trolling me. I have 4 Series 2 crates cause the one with Dominus won't drop.

MrPanic

So this my haul from the 5 keys I bought:

Heatwave
Chakram
Octane: Dragon Lord
Dominus: Pollo Caliente
Merc: Narwhal

The black market decal and the wheels are nice, but those car specific decals are a absolute waste. Considering this costed me 5 bucks and I could get a whole new car for 1,50 atm, I can only say I feel ripped off. I knew going in it would be a gamble, but it still feels bad man.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn you have that dominus GT. I bought 20 keys for that thing. I'm down to 12. Only opening crate one keys till I get it but the game has been trolling me. I have 4 Series 2 crates cause the one with Dominus won't drop.

I feel lucky as hell because it's the item I wanted the most and it came out of my very first crate. I was shocked! I've opened every crate since then and I almost don't care what pops up...though I'd really like the X-Devil lol

I feel lucky as hell because it's the item I wanted the most and it came out of my very first crate. I was shocked! I've opened every crate since then and I almost don't care what pops up...though I'd really like the X-Devil lol
My friend has insane luck. He's opened 6 and only got ine common skin. Got the x devil and pixel fire yesterday.

My friend has insane luck. He's opened 6 and only got ine common skin. Got the x devil and pixel fire yesterday.

I feel like the system is actually skewed the other way, with common being the rarity. 9 crates in and I'm still yet to get a single common item. Luckily none of them really interest me either.

Unicorn

My polygon trail is certified for assists. I'd probably trade for pixel fire as its not easily readable as polygonal in matches.

I do wish levelling up items with cert would visually flourish it or allow you to customize it or something so people can know. Maybe each title or type of cert is tied to specific aura or detailing so it would be recognizable as, oh that's a max rank turtle topper. Mofo can turtle goal with the best.

Grinchy

Banned
My polygon trail is certified for assists. I'd probably trade for pixel fire as its not easily readable as polygonal in matches.

Damn, that's a pretty tempting trade. I like how that trail looks and I really like getting assists. But I like the look of my pixel fire a lot too...

Kinda disgusted because I'm this close to purchasing keys for some Crate 2 items when the time comes. I'm gonna hate myself afterwards, I know it, but by the time my car looks the way I want it to look I'll be beautiful and everyone will love me and my career will finally take off- wait what

Grinchy

Banned
Kinda disgusted because I'm this close to purchasing keys for some Crate 2 items when the time comes. I'm gonna hate myself afterwards, I know it, but by the time my car looks the way I want it to look I'll be beautiful and everyone will love me and my career will finally take off- wait what

This is the first game that hasn't made me feel dirty about buying keys for. They're only $1 each and it's a game I play almost exclusively. I just bought 5 more keys for a whopping $10 purchase on a game I've played for over 500 hours that cost me $20 originally.

This isn't like buying a Ubisoft game for $60 and then buying $9.99 Skill Point packs.

This is the first game that hasn't made me feel dirty about buying keys for. They're only $1 each and it's a game I play almost exclusively. I just bought 5 more keys for a whopping $10 purchase on a game I've played for over 500 hours that cost me $20 originally.

This isn't like buying a Ubisoft game for $60 and then buying $9.99 Skill Point packs.

same. I spent about 200 over a few months in CSGO and the majority of the stuff I got were terribly ugly beat up skins worth 5 cents on the market at 2.50 a key. At the very least the common skins are nice here amd there are no "quality" to them as in battle scarred etc. Only 15 items per box that can at least be traded for something else nice. This game has given me 800 hours of enjoyment so far I don't mind chipping in(I better get that dominus though).

Hot fix update

BUG FIXES
General
Xbox One framerate / performance issue has been resolved.
Certified and Painted item drops will no longer appear as Common items until the game has been restarted.
Rocket Trail audio issues have been resolved.
“Doppler Effect” for local players has been removed.
Audio pitch for non-local players has been reduced.
Rumble Mode: Using the Grappling Hook or Plunger on the ball as it enters the goal and explodes will no longer cause the game to lag and/or crash to the main menu.
CHANGES AND UPDATES

Rumble servers now include the “Octagon” and “Pillars” Rocket Labs maps in the random map selection.
Oh man at bolded.

Unicorn

Picked this baby up on my fourth key.

CZu8nBh.gif

https://gfycat.com/ClearcutAcademicAkitainu

I was happy enough to get a Black Market Skin, but the damned thing is Certified too. Is that like pulling a StatTrac Knife in CS:GO?

oh fuck this lets you customize both colors!? fuck labyrinth. I want this instead.

Also, pillars and octagon in Rumble now! Fuck yeah.

Bring back DonUtopia! Reskin Pillars as an underwater Atlantis arena a la Neo Tokyo. Make DonUtopia a pompei thing where it's colosseum themed, but the donut is around a volcano or lava flow or some shit.

Give me the good maps! Neo Tokyo look so good, stillllll

Chiramii

I hope this doesn't come across as a gloat post but I've been thinking about something. The way this game handles crates must be favouring players more than it does in let's say, CS:GO. This is the items I've gotten from crates so far...

Dtac.png

Have I been lucky or are the chances more on my side in this game compared to others?

Unicorn

I hope this doesn't come across as a gloat post but I've been thinking about something. The way this game handles crates must be favouring players more than it does in let's say, CS:GO. This is the items I've gotten from crates so far...

Dtac.png

Have I been lucky or are the chances more on my side in this game compared to others?

I think it's just a true 1/15 odds versus weighted odds of other systems.

AcridMeat

Banned
Second crate, got a takumi skin!

It's not the one I wanted. D: Looking to trade it now.

edit: The skin I'm referring to is Anubis.

I have the pixel fire boost as well I'm open to trading.

Unicorn

Second crate, got a takumi skin!

It's not the one I wanted. D: Looking to trade it now.

edit: The skin I'm referring to is Anubis.

I have the pixel fire boost as well I'm open to trading.

Whatchu wahhhnt?

Just got a crate 1 and opened it. got Vice skin for breakout with it so close to Dominus GT under it. Not even mad - fuck the Dominus fuckbois

<3

Why is there even a timer? Why isn't the UFO antenna's pole just a tractor beam instead, like the stem for flower antennae? Why doesn't propeller hat spin based on how fast you go? Why don't we have BttF trail yet? Why don't we have a raccoon tail antenna yet? Why does Gibbs hate on Scarab so bad?

Whyyyy

Are the XL versions just bigger cars? Isnt that a balance concern?

Also, I gave my friend a Champions Crate. How rare is that? I wanted a key in return but he said he wasnt able to send it, so I just let him have the crate for free.

Can you not give friends keys?

Unicorn

Are the XL versions just bigger cars? Isnt that a balance concern?

Also, I gave my friend a Champions Crate. How rare is that? I wanted a key in return but he said he wasnt able to send it, so I just let him have the crate for free.

Can you not give friends keys?

same hitbox as original, but different look - no balance concern. Also, anyone have images of the decals for the new cars? I'm curious to see.

Crates seem to drop about 1 per 3 hours for me, but it fluctuates. Keys are tradeable after 1 week in inventory. same with contents of crates. Crates themselves are immediately tradeable. there are 2 kinds of crates and each has roughly 14 unique items only in that crate and I think both crates share 4 possible black market universal decals that can be used for all cars (maybe each has access to 2 of the 4, or access to any of the 4).

same hitbox as original, but different look - no balance concern. Also, anyone have images of the decals for the new cars? I'm curious to see.

Crates seem to drop about 1 per 3 hours for me, but it fluctuates. Keys are tradeable after 1 week in inventory. same with contents of crates. Crates themselves are immediately tradeable. there are 2 kinds of crates and each has roughly 14 unique items only in that crate and I think both crates share 4 possible black market universal decals that can be used for all cars (maybe each has access to 2 of the 4, or access to any of the 4).

Ah thanks.

I gotta say, I really enjoy the Rumble patch. I hope they continue moving towards fun party modes. One step closer to Twisted Metal styled open maps with pick ups lol

Unicorn

Ah thanks.

I gotta say, I really enjoy the Rumble patch. I hope they continue moving towards fun party modes. One step closer to Twisted Metal styled open maps with pick ups lol

yesssssssss

Also, we should have a 3rd setting in car setup that is private team colors... and that should also work in 1v1's random matches.

I want more customization!

JambiBum

Patch didn't fix day of the tentacle hat bug. Patch is useless to me. Also I need more crates. Only gotten 2 so far so I'm just sitting on keys.

Unicorn

Painted wheel gods just blessed me with some purple sunbursts.

Only other painted wheel I received was white trahere which means tiny win lines around perimeter of rim, lololol.

Painted wheel gods just blessed me with some purple sunbursts.

Only other painted wheel I received was white trahere which means tiny win lines around perimeter of rim, lololol.

I want painted items much more than I want certified items. But I seem to get certified items a lot, while I've only gotten two painted items. Ah well.

Unicorn

Dude RL has been in the top selling spot since this update. Keys must be making them a killing!

Fuckin' Rumble may just be my GOTY. It's a new game imo.

Opened two more crates today. Dominus Snake Skin, Dominus Arcana. Then these dropped.

White devil horns. Kinda cool looking but I'd probably trade them if they are worth something decent. 10 keys left on my road to Dominus GT. If I open those ten and still don't have it I'm gonna try trading up and hope to all hell I don't get a Trinity boost.

Nete

Certified items would be great if you could use their title when equipped, as someone mentioned earlier. As they are right now, they are kinda pointless.

EDIT: Purple Tentacle topper is still broken :(

AlexIIDX

Can someone explain why certified items are a big deal? I don't get it.

I don't get it either, so what it tracks a random stat. Leveling it up doesn't do anything for you and I don't see why it would up the trade value. You should be able to unlock a different color or something as you level the item. Or they glow or something different.

Grinchy

Banned
Do not like this lootcrate bullshit. Getting no drops except for loot crates and I cannot open them without paying. Fuck off devs.

Crates are worth more than keys atm. You can either trade them for keys to open up your other crates, or trade them directly for items you want that come from the crates.

The people who don't want to buy keys are in the best possible trading position as they stack up their unused crates.

Top Bottom