• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Do not like this lootcrate bullshit. Getting no drops except for loot crates and I cannot open them without paying. Fuck off devs.

I'm pretty sure that crates and item drops aren't tied together. I had a crate drop and an item drop one game apart which should be impossible otherwise. Maybe you've already hit your 10 for the weekly limit?

Welp, I bought five more keys. And I am probably going to buy them at least until I get that Dominus GT skin.

With 880 hours /played, I don't mind. I have saved quite a bit of money thanks to Rocket League, as I keep playing it daily and pushing off other games. "I'll buy that game once I get tired of RL". :p

Drops are independent. I get one maybe two cases a day and two or three items. Also one case trades for as many normal items as you want right now.

First time I've played in a month.

no idea then, must just be bad luck. The crates don't interfere with item drop rates.

Lé Blade Runner;216792072 said:
Welp, I bought five more keys. And I am probably going to buy them at least until I get that Dominus GT skin.

With 880 hours /played, I don't mind. I have saved quite a bit of money thanks to Rocket League, as I keep playing it daily and pushing off other games. "I'll buy that game once I get tired of RL". :p

We may as well just be honest with ourselves. We'll buy those games when they turn the servers off, provided it doesn't get replaced by a Rocket League 2.

ErichWK

Man. This is the 4th or 5th day in a row Rocket League is third place on Steam Concurrent. It's crazy to see this game have such long legs.

Do not like this lootcrate bullshit. Getting no drops except for loot crates and I cannot open them without paying. Fuck off devs.

But we aren't entitled to any of it.

It doesnt seem to harm the game, outside of people farming crates. Psyonix has given us a ton of free content, I dont see why they shouldnt be trying to make a model around crates/keys.

Unicorn

Ya! That is one of my favorite cars I did! I hope you like the skins i did. My favorite one is the skullface one.
Nice. I'm hoping for takumi RX and pixel fire to rock a PSX Era Rally car. So the new chassis have their own set of decals. Do you know why the crate decals weren't also made for the new chassis as well? Incentive to keep using old chassis with a new coat of paint?

KanameYuuki

Good lord, the game has been out for so long and yet there is still people who spawn all the way in the back and still go for the kick off leaving the goal unprotected, when will they understand they won't ever even touch the ball.

ErichWK

not really sure. I just make stuff when they tell me to! Probably cause those cars are so popular. People love them some Dom.

Ya! That is one of my favorite cars I did! I hope you like the skins i did. My favorite one is the skullface one.

Did you work on the Distorted decal for Octane? Because if you did I have to praise you for your work on that, whoever took care of it done a stunning job and it looks better than any black market skin IMO. I've been itching get that unlocked but I think I'll have the rest of the collection before that at this rate, it's doing a great job of evading me.

Grinchy

Banned

The clear hood just puts it over the top on the awesome scale. I really like the skullface and the party-chan decals so far.

MUnited83

For you.
I've just looked into how the trading market is right now. You can actually make the money you spent on the game back with enough drops. Even if you don't care about crates at all, you can sell them for 4/5$ right now which is quite interesting. Certain painted items seem to get good prices too.

Sell them to someone, get money. Use money to open other crates. Or if you don't care about what is in the crates, just profit from the game.

Unicorn

I've just looked into how the trading market is right now. You can actually make the money you spent on the game back with enough drops. Even if you don't care about crates at all, you can sell them for 4/5$ right now which is quite interesting. Certain painted items seem to get good prices too.

Sell them to someone, get money. Use money to open other crates. Or if you don't care about what is in the crates, just profit from the game.

How are people making actual dollars on the crates? I would sell all of mine in a heartbeat for 5$ each

not really sure. I just make stuff when they tell me to! Probably cause those cars are so popular. People love them some Dom.

Question. can we trade up crate items to something higher tier? Like if i trade up 5 anubis skins do i have a one in three chance of getting a dominus?

I didn't play this half a year because of private troubles and lack of internet. So a few days ago I jumped back in and here are some things that stand out:

1. The whole trading thing is interesting. Is there any way to get keys for the chests without buying them, for example through trading?
2. That little presentation of the winner team after a game is awesome! Everybody dance. :)
3. Rage quitters everywhere! What happened? With 2 minutes left a 0-3 is not a guaranteed loss. Sometimes I had a row of "solo games". :( I hate when they ruin my chance to step up that rank ladder! Quitting is worse than playing bad and at least trying.
4. Rumble is AWESOME! Holy shit, soooo funny. This could be a stand alone game and still would be awesome.
5. Where has Wasteland gone in online mode? It never comes up in Ranked or Rumble. :( One of my favourite stages because it encourages wild boosting, hehe.

The developers really added to the game. Most game for the money I ever had, I think, haha!

bjaelke

What was the fastest ball you've seen in Rumble? I saw one go 199 kph (~123 mph). It was a punch right after a hard hitter.

Th4Dfr1.png

Hard hitter on the goal line.

Hmmm. Got offered 4 crates for a Pixelfire boost, not sure if that's a good deal?

Need more crates. Got Octane Distorted, but I don't really like Octane - I main X-Devil.

Is there a certain item from the same rarity you want? I really want Distorted and it's yet to drop but I've been getting most everything else. I'll check to see if I have an X-Devil one. PC btw.

Edit: Just checked and I have two X-Devil Snakeskins if you wanna trade when they unlock. They have about two and a half days left.

Any idea how rare Black Market items are? 2nd crate I opened scored me one. (Labyrinth decal)

Supposedly highest rarity, but I have two and not a single common drop.

Hmmm. Got offered 4 crates for a Pixelfire boost, not sure if that's a good deal?
Solid deal. Pixel Fire is the most sought after of the crate trails. I was offered four crates for my Breakout Dot Matrix animated decal, but I like it too much.

Personally, I think crates are over-valued right now. Once people can actually trade for unlocked crate items in a day or two, I think the value will start to drop. Then when more people get crate drops, it will lower the value further. At least until new crates are introduced.

So this may be about the highest value they'll ever have. Unless future crates have really awesome stuff.

That being said, I really don't feel like doing any trades for strictly crates. Still too much RNG if you are giving up something you like. And you still need keys to unlock them. I'd rather trade for items and maybe take crates as a sweetener in the deal.

Solid deal. Pixel Fire is the most sought after of the crate trails. I was offered four crates for my Breakout Dot Matrix animated decal, but I like it too much.

Personally, I think crates are over-valued right now. Once people can actually trade for unlocked crate items in a day or two, I think the value will start to drop. Then when more people get crate drops, it will lower the value further. At least until new crates are introduced.

So this may be about the highest value they'll ever have. Unless future crates have really awesome stuff.

That being said, I really don't feel like doing any trades for strictly crates. Still too much RNG if you are giving up something you like. And you still need keys to unlock them. I'd rather trade for items and maybe take crates as a sweetener in the deal.

Yeah this is what I was thinking too, particularly about the value of crates, especially as you're then the one who has to pay to unlock it. The trade is the other way around though, so I think I'll hold onto my spare Pixel Fire until I get a better deal. I'd really like to trade it for the Dominus GT.

MUnited83

For you.
Does anybody know if painted items and crates drop for Family Sharing accounts/ PS4 accounts on the console that own the game themselves ?

Nabs

I can't win solo queue ranked matches anymore. This week has been absolute hell for me. I feel like matchmaking is designed to give me the weirdest teams ever.

Top Bottom