• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

TheKeyPit

Banned
•Verbal Text Harassment (which includes offensive language, flooding, etc.)

I'm blessed to be matched with PC players for 90% of the time.

What is "flooding"? Flooding the chat as in constant spamming?

moojito

Wtf is smurfing?

It comes from high skilled/ranked players in games starting a new character at low level to roll over opponents. Seems like a tricky one to implement. If you're an experienced player on one platform and pick it up on another, how're you going to be distinguished from a smurf while you make your way back up the ranks?

I've got a bunch of crates and I really don't want to spend cash to open them when all I want is Takumi stuff. Anyone have skins for the Takumi they hate and want to trade?

Not really sure how to go about this but I'd rather do it here with GAF than try my luck with that insane reddit trading thread.

I just pulled the Whizzle decal from a crate if you want it? Downside is it won't be eligible for trading until this time next week though.

rafaelr

so, now that players that are obviously idling for crates are getting banned, do you think something like an idling-bot could be something that could happen next?
i just had a game where one guy´s (pc player) behaviour seemed just completely off (and kind of reminded me of a rookie bot).
could´ve been someone else playing on his account of course, but since there are all kinds of aimbots and wallhacks for other games i was just wondering if this might be something that could be done in rocket league as well.

I've got a bunch of crates and I really don't want to spend cash to open them when all I want is Takumi stuff. Anyone have skins for the Takumi they hate and want to trade?

Not really sure how to go about this but I'd rather do it here with GAF than try my luck with that insane reddit trading thread.

Sure, i have the takumi combo decal and the whizzle decal.

dsk1210

Has anybody been getting micro lags recently?

The last 3 days I have had tiny sections where it lags, my ping stays high according to the readings but I am shooting off in different directions.

It's like it knows when to do it as well, I had saved a shot, next thing I know a goal is given and the ball is behind me.

lakmee

Hello,

my first Rocket League Montage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJzYZBUr_ZI

second: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udZnhm7lPFM

third and newest one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR2phItsQGI

tity23my.jpg

# Montage 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZXyb0_9aDM

angelic

Banned
Anyone do any trading of keys and stuff on here? I'm after some exhaust trails like pixel flames, trinity etc on ps4.

angelic

Banned
got 2 decals and some wheels, all shit. unlocked another crate tonight and got....the same decal! unbelievable.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone on PC have any colored berets they don't like? I have the Dragon Lord animated Octane decal, the Warlock Merc animated decal, Hearts boost, and some other unanimated crate decals if any of that interests you.

Grinchy

Banned
This last series for the NA qualifiers between G2 and Classic Stanley is just painful to watch. I feel so bad for Classic Stanley having to play them in the lower bracket.

This thread has went to shit.

Would it be possible to create a separate thread for all this crate non sense?
Before crates it was dead aside from people complaining about matchmaking. CSGO OT went through the same thing. It's crate talk or hardly any talk at all.

v1lla21

Before crates it was dead aside from people complaining about matchmaking. CSGO OT went through the same thing. It's crate talk or hardly any talk at all.
Yup, this is at least keeping the OT A bit active. Even the threads made on updates barely gets any talk.

Ive been trying to play more 1s because I know I suck at dribbling. It's slowly paying off. Just gotta keep working at it!
Yeah, playing 2s has kept me from rushing all the time and waiting for the ball. My pc can finally run the game without stutter so I should start playing on there again.

Grinchy

Banned

It's true. There is nothing to talk about outside of items.

People don't even talk about a $250K official tournament lol

Unicorn

traded my certified poly trail for 3 crate 1s and a crate 2. Seemed about even, looking at this price listing on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeagueExchange/comments/539pa6/discussionpc_unofficial_price_list/

We should probably do a trading thread separate from this, but I don't know how many would actually participate since most trading seems to happen on reddit or steam itself.

also lol at people having people bail on arranged trades from days ago. Shit was fluctuating like crazy because nothing was available. once everything opened and people could trade they learned more reasonable value. So funny they didn't expect this happening.

Reddit thread said dom gt is 14 keys? If that's the case I would trade for it straight up. I have had horrible luck opening crates. PC if anyone has interest.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I just spent more than an hour messaging with people who own a Dominus GT. They either didn't wanted to trade it in the first place(then why the f*** did you put it into your have-list on greatpass.io) or they have ridiculous expectations.

It being traded for 14-22 keys is just laughable, sry. That's like the price for a copy of this game. A car being more worth than the game itself. Think about it. Just comical.

meshwork

I just spent more than an hour messaging with people who own a Dominus GT. They either didn't wanted to trade it in the first place(then why the f*** did you put it into your have-list on greatpass.io) or they have ridiculous expectations.

It being traded for 14-22 keys is just laughable, sry. That's like the price for a copy of this game. A car being more worth than the game itself. Think about it. Just comical.

Yeah the price for that car is way inflated, but that's just the way a market works when it's clearly the most popular item in the crates and the supply is so limited. The only items people would just straight up trade a Dominus GT for is one of the Black Market Decals or some funky colored wheels which are even more rare. I traded my Dominus GT for a BM Slipstream, because I've never liked playing with the Dominus in the first place.

Bollocks

decided to play 2s and lol set a new personal mvp record :D
prospect elite and the players are so bad, I type "I got it" and they still follow me for the ball. Luckily the opponents aren't very smart either, won a 2v1 where I just defended and lobbed the ball into their half and they both chased after it lol

TheKeyPit

Banned
Also of note, this won't affect or impact our current item-drop system in any way.

I can't wait to see the first update after Rumble, because I want to know what kind of items they will put in there for free. Definitely no wheels, no animated decals/cool decals, no crazy boost trails.

Nothus

Finally had a (sort of) decent item drop: Some forest green painted proton rims. They go perfectly with my dominus snakeskin decal.

Grinchy

Banned
Ohmydog, OnFleek Gaming, We Dem Girlz (now Northern Gaming)...the EU teams come up with the dumbest names. I always feel for the announcers having to say their dumb names over and over again.

dsk1210

As far is matchmaking is concerned this crate shit has ruined a few matches for me last night.

People just driving round in circles on the outside just to get crates, at least fucking play, what's the point if you have the controller in your hand and just doing that.

Fucking nonsense.

Top Bottom