• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Make sure to report them. Purposely AFK or driving in circles the whole game is considered unsportsmanlike conduct, and Psyonix is banning people 24 hours for it (with increased bans if they continue). They specifically noted crate farming by doing this is now bannable.

dsk1210

Make sure to report them. Purposely AFK or driving in circles the whole game is considered unsportsmanlike conduct, and Psyonix is banning people 24 hours for it (with increased bans if they continue). They specifically noted crate farming by doing this is now bannable.

Yeah I did and said unsporting behaviour.

Still never made the game enjoyable.

Unicorn

As far is matchmaking is concerned this crate shit has ruined a few matches for me last night.

People just driving round in circles on the outside just to get crates, at least fucking play, what's the point if you have the controller in your hand and just doing that.

Fucking nonsense.

What rank are you? I'm curious if this is more prevalent at low level, high level, or what.

In the past week of playing I've encountered blatant crate farming about 3 times, which I don't think is insane or anything.

dsk1210

What rank are you? I'm curious if this is more prevalent at low level, high level, or what.

In the past week of playing I've encountered blatant crate farming about 3 times, which I don't think is insane or anything.

Challenger elite, well I was, dropped down 2 divisions last night. Yeah I am not amazing at the game but team mates were atrocious at times, no rotation or thought involved.

Still love the game but neo tokyo and crates are really starting to piss me off.

Unicorn

Challenger elite, well I was, dropped down 2 divisions last night. Yeah I am not amazing at the game but team mates were atrocious at times, no rotation or thought involved.

Still love the game but neo tokyo and crates are really starting to piss me off.
Ah, are you seeing it happening in ranked or just casual?

rafaelr

As far is matchmaking is concerned this crate shit has ruined a few matches for me last night.

People just driving round in circles on the outside just to get crates, at least fucking play, what's the point if you have the controller in your hand and just doing that.

Fucking nonsense.

i googled and apparently there´ve been idle bots since the time the christmas items came out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EziUUy4Jxww

and that was the "player" that was in one of my games yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4-lgNfPm8c

TheKeyPit

Banned
Another wasted hour of messaging back and forth to arrange possible trades. No matter what I offer the deal will never go through. Black Lobo wheels, crates, painted toppers, Polygonal, Takumi RX-T, X-Devil Mk2 etc.
I just can't get a Dominus GT.

I should've accepted the deal on Day1 for trading the Takumi and X-Devil for a Dominus GT. I'd be free from this crate nonsense...

Grinchy

Banned

Fucking nonsense.

From what I understand, some people are just using like a rubber band or something to make the controller hold down R2. Then they can just leave the game running for a while in unranked with their car just driving in any direction while they are off smelling their farts.

I actually haven't seen it yet, luckily.

dsk1210

From what I understand, some people are just using like a rubber band or something to make the controller hold down R2. Then they can just leave the game running for a while in unranked with their car just driving in any direction while they are off smelling their farts.

I actually haven't seen it yet, luckily.

Should not be too hard to have a detection of some sort then. No steering adjustments in a one minute period should result in a ban.

Bollocks

lol while I can't even get out of challenger 2 solo standard I can beat challenger 1's solo in doubles.
they aren't really good, no concept of rotation and they choke even when I'm not pressuring them and they have all the time in the world.
also they don't know about demoing the goalie, I mean good for me but still I'm not even that good.

in my opinion this is the evolution of soccer games
better than fifa or pes, in rocket league anyone has to learn how to stop, control, pass, cross and shoot the ball
nothing auto

Unicorn

Well, I'd say it's safe to say that crate values have fallen to 1:1 key for a s1 crate and 2:1 for s2.

Crazy that s2 is so devalued.

Unicorn

Nobody wants Roadhog.

I just got trolled on a crate roll. roadhog, pixelfire, roadhog, pixelfire....slow. then barely on that line it went to the venom nine lives. I fucking screamed.
LLShC.gif

TheKeyPit

Banned
This is frustrating. I feel like a poor beggar who's trying to trade his 10 bottle caps for a piece of gold.

Edit:

I was finally able to trade something. Dominus Snakeskin and Chakram wheels are mine and they led to an enlightenment. I don't need the Dominus GT. I'm using the Snakeskin for my Standard Dominus. The Chakram wheels are used for most of my Orange-team cars. I won't trade my Takumi RX-T or X-Devil Mk2, because I made a pact with the devil:

v1lla21

This is frustrating. I feel like a poor beggar who's trying to trade his 10 bottle caps for a piece of gold.

Edit:

I was finally able to trade something. Dominus Snakeskin and Chakram wheels are mine and they led to an enlightenment. I don't need the Dominus GT. I'm using the Snakeskin for my Standard Dominus. The Chakram wheels are used for most of my Orange-team cars. I won't trade my Takumi RX-T or X-Devil Mk2, because I made a pact with the devil:
Those are sweet!

Can't play as much thanks to school and work :(

What are keys?

crate%20and%20key%20rocket%20league.jpg

A consumable used to open crates that are earned by playing the game. Crates come through game time played and are random (i'm pretty sure). Keys must be purchased with real money from the store or traded for from other players. Keys cannot be gained any other way and are not given as rewards for matches like crates.

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who can't play with toppers or antennas because they eff with my view. This malady severely limits my customization options. Also, I really hope an Octane import is in the next series of crates.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who can't play with toppers or antennas because they eff with my view. This malady severely limits my customization options. Also, I really hope an Octane import is in the next series of crates.
I never use antennas cause they flop around too much. Toppers I do without most of the time but if I do use one they tend to be smaller ones.

TheKeyPit

Banned

My main car is the Dominus and that was my exact problem. That's why I stopped using antennas, but I wanted to keep a topper and was searching for the Halo topper back then. I got a certified one and started using it. It's almost unnoticeable. Try using it :)

My main car is the Dominus and that was my exact problem. That's why I stopped using antennas, but I wanted to keep a topper and was searching for the Halo topper back then. I got a certified one and started using it. It's almost unnoticeable. Try using it :)
I think the day painted halos are a thing they will be worth a ridiculous amount. Black Halo please.

Ran rp

I actually used that antlers topper to help find the corners of the Aftershock hitbox. The low pointed nose and giant rear kept throwing me off.

How to have a stupid Rocket League Match

1. Set the custom settings accordingly:

Players: 4 on 4
Ball Max Speed: Super Fast
Ball Weight: Light
Ball Bounciness: Super High
Boost Amount: Unlimited
Rumble: Default
Boost Strength: 10X
Gravity: Low
Respawn Time: 1 Second

2. Play the game
3. Save the replay
4. Grab a Bag of Chips
5. Watch the replay at 2X Speed.

I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

PatjuhR

Is there anyway I get to open the crates without spending money? Like getting a key the same way you get a crate?

It's not close to having me interested in buying the keys. Maybe I get enthusiastic when I opened 1 or 2.

TheKeyPit

Banned
That's what i'm going for as well! And the new Takumi. Really wish they did a remix of the Breakout. Best car ever.

I'm sure it'll be one of the next import cars.

Is there anyway I get to open the crates without spending money? Like getting a key the same way you get a crate?

It's not close to having me interested in buying the keys. Maybe I get enthusiastic when I opened 1 or 2.

Keys for money only.

Edit: I'm totally forgetting that keys can be traded on PC/PS4.

You can trade people items for keys then use those keys to open crates.

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member

Hmmm, I just might. Thanks for the tip!

Also, I just opened a Road Hog XL last night and have no interest in it [PS4]. Let me know if anyone is interested in trading for it.

Top Bottom