• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Babalu.

So i have 3 crates:

x1 Champions crate #1
x2 Champions crate #2

Is there anything cool I can get for these for my masamune. It seems like there were no new items or decals for it.

The dude i play with 95% of the time opened 2 crates and got distortion and lightning wheels for his octane so he's all blinged out.

I really want the pixel fire boost but not sure if the value is equal.

Hit me up in PM if anyone has any offers.

ErichWK

So i have 3 crates:

x1 Champions crate #1
x2 Champions crate #2

Is there anything cool I can get for these for my masamune. It seems like there were no new items or decals for it.

The dude i play with 95% of the time opened 2 crates and got distortion and lightning wheels for his octane so he's all blinged out.

I really want the pixel fire boost but not sure if the value is equal.

Hit me up in PM if anyone has any offers.

the rarest drops are universal animated decals.

Who uses Zippy. :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ESLhXQRU4

Well with trades for the crate items opening up tomorrow I decided to build a little template for trading. Feel free copy if it's in any way useful but I'm kind of crap at this sort of thing.

PC

Offered - Requesting | Unlock time

Unlock times are obviously as of this post.

Rare

Heatwave - Any other Black Market item | Trade Ready (Reserved for spindoc)

Takumi RX-T - Dominus GT | 2d4h

Road Hog XL (Certified Paragon) - Dominus GT Certified, not fussy which or yellow rarity item | 2d4h

Pixel Fire - Dominus GT or Trinity | 2d4h

Common

X Devil Snakeskin - Chakram or Takumi Anubis | Trade Ready

Polygonal - Chakram or Takumi Anubis | Trade Ready

Colored Wheels

Cobalt Lowriders - Various Tunica's or Sunbusts | Trade Ready

I'm not trading for crates, may consider keys but that's a grey area for me and I'd rather swap for the items I want.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Glad they fixed it on XB1. Generally the game now plays better than it did before they added rumble mode, however I am getting odd freezes now that last a few seconds. Happens a couple of times per game. Anyone else?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Glad they fixed it on XB1. Generally the game now plays better than it did before they added rumble mode, however I am getting odd freezes now that last a few seconds. Happens a couple of times per game. Anyone else?

I'm sometimes getting odd lags(they last one or two seconds, but that's enough to screw up on defense) that are definitely not coming from my connection.

The game must be thinking I'm too good. I'm only at Semi-pro levels and I keep getting normal non-ranked games with Veterans and Experts. It's getting frustrating when everyone is so much better than me, there's no room to improve.

The game must be thinking I'm too good. I'm only at Semi-pro levels and I keep getting normal non-ranked games with Veterans and Experts. It's getting frustrating when everyone is so much better than me, there's no room to improve.

There's always room to improve. Matchmaking will always balance itself out. Don't get discouraged.

I've found I only get better when I'm playing against better people. I look forward to the challenge.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm loving my crate luck. Now I have the 3 import cars I actually wanted!

vy2RlCj.jpg

Hasney

I'm getting ranked with semi-pros and that since Rumble came in. It's because a lot of us weren't touching unranked ever as we played ranked exclusively. Now we went and played Rumble and we are getting matched with semi-pros and rookies since we don't have an unranked skill level.

I've found I only get better when I'm playing against better people. I look forward to the challenge.

I've been finding that frustrating in terms of match making. Trying to get to Rising Star, but can't make that final leap. The people in Challenger Elite are better/around my skill level, but I can't beat them consistently enough, and so I rank down.

But once I rank down, I have no trouble beating Challenger II and IIIs, so I rank right back up. But I don't spend enough time in Challenger Elite to really "practice" against these people better than me, and it's right back down again.

It's a vicious cycle.

The 'hide crates' option is really cool actually, props to the dev. I don't want them in my inventory, just shitty dupilcate items. :p

Online on this is hilarious sometimes. "u suck. Every time miss ball" despite us scoring 5 goals and all his goals coming from goal steals as it's crossing the line.

Unicorn

Yeah, but noone wants it :/
I want a way to shuffle my presets so every game I can play a different car. Every few matches I'm changing up my car because now I have the ability to easily rock several different looks. Maining a car has faded from my mind.

Lazulic

hey my keys unlock in a few hours, if anyone had octane skins or universal skins that will work with octane hit me up. got about 40 keys.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone know what the reasoning is behind keys and items making you wait a week before you can trade them? It must be to stop something from happening, but I can't figure out what.

AlexIIDX

I want a way to shuffle my presets so every game I can play a different car. Every few matches I'm changing up my car because now I have the ability to easily rock several different looks. Maining a car has faded from my mind.

Same here, I stuck with cars for a long time. First Octane, then Takumi, and recently having trouble deciding between Masamune and Esper. But since the update I'm switching between a bunch every few games cause I love the presets.

Ive never tried the Dominus but I just got the GT from a crate so I guess i'll give that a shot now too.

Trying to use the Rocket League Exchange at Reddit is absolute mayhem. People offering entire inventories for a Dominus GT, asking $200 worth of crates for a set of painted certified Photons. I think I'll stick to trading here exclusively until things calm down over there. You can swap a Dominus GT for a BM item right now, which just feels so dumb.

bjaelke

Trying to use the Rocket League Exchange at Reddit is absolute mayhem. People offering entire inventories for a Dominus GT, asking $200 worth of crates for a set of painted certified Photons. I think I'll stick to trading here exclusively until things calm down over there. You can swap a Dominus GT for a BM item right now, which just feels so dumb.

tempting

Rumble is fun as fuck when you're not looking to be serious. Absolutely hilarious moments. Only thing I can say is that it would be nice to have item blocks or have some way of knowing what your teammates have for items.

TheKeyPit

Banned
After going back from Rising Star to Challenger Elite Div 1 in Doubles and staying there for I don't know how long, I have no interest in playing Ranked anymore. It's no fun. I know that I can do better, but the circumstances + teammates make it impossible to climb higher right now.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm finally Challenger 3 Div 4 in Doubles. Screw you, Rocket League.

Just played a Rumble match with an idler. He was just accelerating in a straight line the entire match. So frustrating.

I had just the same experience yesterday! Was he called Kopfsalat or something German sounding? Sounds like someone trying to get some achievement.

I just got a champ 1 crate after hours of playing and guess what I got out of it.

tn_1235245586270.jpg

Edit: How am I supposed to trade items if I only get stuff that noone wants?

I'd say right now if you're looking to trade and having bad pulls you're better off holding your crates, at least if you're only after a few certain items. They have a strangely high value over at Reddit right now considering they're a free drop.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'd say right now if you're looking to trade and having bad pulls you're better off holding your crates, at least if you're only after a few certain items. They have a strangely high value over at Reddit right now considering they're a free drop.

I have two keys left. I'l try to get the Dominus GT out of the next two champ 1 crates...

If there is nothing in them, I won't be buying keys for a long time. Well, even if there is something good in there, I won't get any more keys.

I have two keys left. I'l try to get the Dominus GT out of the next two champ 1 crates...

If there is nothing in them, I won't be buying keys for a long time. Well, even if there is something good in there, I won't get any more keys.

I'm dying for that GT to drop as well. Trying to trade for it is an absolute nightmare and a mess. You can get it now for 7 crates or Heatwave. How on earth 7 crates and Heatwave apparently have equal value is beyond me. Going by the way the market is right now I won't be buying any keys again either. The crates are so overvalued You can earn enough to trade for a very high rarity item in 3 days.

People are impatient. That's why crates are overvalued right now. It doesn't help that many people's items they're offering to trade may be locked (e.g., mine don't unlock until tomorrow because I bought my keys last Saturday). So crates are immediate gratification (or disappointment depending on what you get). Also, since they are overvalued, you can sometimes flip them for better stuff or add them as a sweetener in a deal. My opinion is that they will drop in value very soon. Once most people's crate items unlock for trades, I think you'll see more direct trades of items. Plus, people will have more crates in a week. The value will drop quickly.

As for the GT, it's based on one of the most popular cars in the game and you have about a 5%* chance of getting it when you open a C1 crate. Again, once there are more unlocked and floating through the market, they won't be as highly valued. I did have one guy message me on PSN with a screenshot of their entire tradeable inventory, offering all of it. But honestly, he didn't have a lot great stuff, and I like the GT.

Crate opening odds

Results of a survey of reddit users and over 5,000 crates opened:

Rares: 2612 (48%)
Very Rares: 1491 (27%)
Imports: 769 (14%)
Exotics: 402 (7%)
Black Markets: 172 (3%)

Here's what people are assuming as approximations for each level:

Rares: 50%
Very Rares: 25%
Imports: 15%
Exotics: 7.5%
Black Markets: 2.5%

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag...ta_by_the_numbers_crate_opening_odds_and_the/

*So, since there are three import level items in a crate, your chance at getting a particular car like the GT is approximately 5%.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Okay. I opened one champ 1 crate and one champ 2 crate with my last two keys. Certified Polygonal trail.

Meanwhile a friend buys two keys to open his first crates and he gets blue Chakram wheels...

I'm gonna spend my money elsewhere.

Allforce

I've got a bunch of crates and I really don't want to spend cash to open them when all I want is Takumi stuff. Anyone have skins for the Takumi they hate and want to trade?

Not really sure how to go about this but I'd rather do it here with GAF than try my luck with that insane reddit trading thread.

Unicorn

I've got a bunch of crates and I really don't want to spend cash to open them when all I want is Takumi stuff. Anyone have skins for the Takumi they hate and want to trade?

Not really sure how to go about this but I'd rather do it here with GAF than try my luck with that insane reddit trading thread.
I have the street fighter skin I have no desire for. What do you have? I'd be down for a narwhal merchant skin too lol

Have any series one crates?

Allforce

I have the street fighter skin I have no desire for. What do you have? I'd be down for a narwhal merchant skin too lol

Uhh 4 crates total, 3 Champion Crate #1s and 1 Champions Crate #2.

That Street Fighter skin is right up my alley. PSN is AllforcePSN if you're on PS4. Otherwise this all falls apart lol. Should have mentioned I was on PS4 in my post, sorry.

That Street Fighter skin is right up my alley. PSN is AllforcePSN if you're on PS4. Otherwise this all falls apart lol. Should have mentioned I was on PS4 in my post, sorry.

I ma now very depressed.

Unicorn

PC sadly

Top Bottom