• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

(on PS4)

Me: Oh hey, the menu is 60fps now, this is neat.

*starts game*

Me: Oh god why

If you're referring to the stuttering on PS4, they are planning to fix that in the next update (1.31, I think). It was due to forcing off motion blur when they included the Pro patch. They didn't say when to expect the next update.

PC bros, what do you guys do for framerate? I have a crappy basic monitor that's 60 hz so I usually keep it capped at 60 but last night I played with it maxed and it seemed to run smoother with less screen tearing which surprised me. I'm also wondering if this can affect input lag at all but I'm honestly not sure other than knowing to avoid v-sync. I ran fraps and I get around 200 fps with it uncapped.

PC bros, what do you guys do for framerate? I have a crappy basic monitor that's 60 hz so I usually keep it capped at 60 but last night I played with it maxed and it seemed to run smoother with less screen tearing which surprised me. I'm also wondering if this can affect input lag at all but I'm honestly not sure other than knowing to avoid v-sync. I ran fraps and I get around 200 fps with it uncapped.

I run it with Vsync...I know it's bad but i cannot handle any kind of tearing or jitter. I need to get a gsync monitor soon.

Unicorn

I run it with Vsync...I know it's bad but i cannot handle any kind of tearing or jitter. I need to get a gsync monitor soon.
Screen tearing is the most annoying thing ever. Old games with vsync used to have insane lag but I haven't noticed it much. So do most PC gamers turn vsync off and deal with tearing? One day I'll join the gsync magic..

Grinchy

Banned
I hate tearing too, so I just run it at 121fps instead of 60. It reduces a lot of the tearing.

I've tried running it in borderless window and I've tried just enabling triple buffering in full screen and it just doesn't feel right to me for some reason. But those are some other options.

Screen tearing is the most annoying thing ever. Old games with vsync used to have insane lag but I haven't noticed it much. So do most PC gamers turn vsync off and deal with tearing? One day I'll join the gsync magic..

I've always ran with v sync. Incsreases latency a little I think but there's nothing more off putting than tearing. I'd also join g sync but the prices are still too high, especially with us being pretty much in a transition to the next resolution standard.

GoaThief

I'm pretty much console exclusive when it comes to gaming these days but turning off vsync and dealing with tearing was always the way to go for me back in the day.

I still cannot aim using a mouse with vsync on in a FPS for example. The input delay makes it impossible after so much time with it off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Vsync is broken for me right now. Even in in-game options with it on it'll tear. I dunno if Nvidia fucked something up in their drivers, but it's annoying as hell.

Unicorn

Vsync is broken for me right now. Even in in-game options with it on it'll tear. I dunno if Nvidia fucked something up in their drivers, but it's annoying as hell.

This happened to me with No Man's Sky. Fucking no clue how to get tearing out of that game. Sole reason I stopped. I enjoyed finding new vistas and places to take screenshots, but had to stop as screen tearing bothers me severely.

So I'm really loving the Twin Mill now I've spent some more time with it and I think it's edging out both the Batmobile and Dominus as my fav in the air. The narrow body shape and increased height is making it a bit easier to get that specific angle while also giving me less to workaround to correct in midair. That's probably my only dislike of the Batmobile is just how much of the car can be an obstruction when making quick drastic corrections.

The Twin Mill's shape, despite looking like a flying penis, is also really handy for tracking orientation for me. I think this and the Octane might be the only two cars where I can reliably do a freestyle takeoff either at long distance or straight up and actually get the angle. For some reason the paddle shapes I find are way harder to land the final angle since I rely on the corners of them too much.

I kinda wanna get some new items to trick it out now. May trade out some stuff for Hexed and some Zomba's if I can settle on a color scheme.

So I'm really loving the Twin Mill now I've spent some more time with it and I think it's edging out both the Batmobile and Dominus as my fav in the air. The narrow body shape and increased height is making it a bit easier to get that specific angle while also giving me less to workaround to correct in midair. That's probably my only dislike of the Batmobile is just how much of the car can be an obstruction when making quick drastic corrections.

The Twin Mill's shape, despite looking like a flying penis, is also really handy for tracking orientation for me. I think this and the Octane might be the only two cars where I can reliably do a freestyle takeoff either at long distance or straight up and actually get the angle. For some reason the paddle shapes I find are way harder to land the final angle since I rely on the corners of them too much.

I kinda wanna get some new items to trick it out now. May trade out some stuff for Hexed and some Zomba's if I can settle on a color scheme.

It's my baby(I prefer standard decals). The car is fantastic and my main ride now.
OkP9Nif.png

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah I actually like them a lot. And I didn't love my Biomass decal, so I'm glad I traded it away for keys and bought the wheels. I can't wait to go lose some ranked games with these beauts!

Are there any other color variants of Zomba that don't have two colors? I like how the Black and white are just one color, but the sky blue and pink seem to have an additional color. I think I'd prefer some plain big bold colored wheels.

Afrikan

Welp I'm addicted again... I stopped playing like a year ago. (was still having fun, but I was spending too much time with it)

So I checked NeoGaf Communities on PS4 and I don't know if that group is outdated but no one is playing anything

is there a GAF Rocket League Community?

Malalaw

Feels good when you are down 1-4 with a minute and a half left and you come back to win the game in Overtime. Feels like a good stopping point for the night for me lol I dunno how much I can take after that game.

Soulflarz

Banned
Welp I'm addicted again... I stopped playing like a year ago. (was still having fun, but I was spending too much time with it)

So I checked NeoGaf Communities on PS4 and I don't know if that group is outdated but no one is playing anything

is there a GAF Rocket League Community?

Erm, sort of? Most of the GAF RL community doesn't actively post about RL on GAF. I mean, even Team Rocket used to post here, asked one of them 'lol you still post there?'
;_;7

So the community exists, just have to hunt for them.

Just about lol. Been in south africa for 3 weeks and ended up with Salmonella food poisoning :(

X_X uhh-- what the...
Regardless, sounds like quite the story to tell, would be interested in hearing it over some games soon :p

Has the crate drop rate been nerfed or something? I got two PCC's the day they launched but I've only had a single CC1 since then. Usually I'd have a few over that amount of time.

Unicorn

Has the crate drop rate been nerfed or something? I got two PCC's the day they launched but I've only had a single CC1 since then. Usually I'd have a few over that amount of time.
Yeah, for sure. Probably realized crates have no value and are trying to raise value by lowering drop rate.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah that random crate luck is rough sometimes. When the CC4 came out, I got 1 of them out of like 12 crate drops. The game just would not give me one.

I've already gotten 2 player choice crates and I've barely been playing. They both gave me import cars I already had.

Unicorn

Yeah that random crate luck is rough sometimes. When the CC4 came out, I got 1 of them out of like 12 crate drops. The game just would not give me one.

I've already gotten 2 player choice crates and I've barely been playing. They both gave me import cars I already had.

i've only gotten 1 crate out of all possible since the update and been playing at least 1 hour a day. I think overall drop rate has been affected. anecdotal evidence, of course.

i've only gotten 1 crate out of all possible since the update and been playing at least 1 hour a day. I think overall drop rate has been affected. anecdotal evidence, of course.

I think the last one I had was around 8 hours of play ago since I get lots of time to play on a Sunday. Probably longer since that last one was on Friday. It's really annoying to be honest. I bought some keys for the PCC's but I've hardly had the opportunity to use them since I've not had a crate for 3 days now.

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't get to watch too much of it, but G2 was looking pretty damn incredible when I caught the little bit I get to catch.

So I may have found a really useful bit of practice. Someone mentioned in a post on Reddit about doing muscle memory training via pro aerial shots. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's not got perfect car control. Just get any old shot and take it on your side and backwards and feel the minor improvements as you get to grips with it. Can't wait until this is second nature.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I need two good teammates on Xbox One. Goal is to reach Champion ranks. I have no clue where I should look for them. Posting something on reddit will probably disappear there without anyone noticing.

moojito

It pisses me off that if you don't play goalie/defense, you will 100% get idiotic teams who never rotate, never play defense, always leave the goal wide open at all times while they're upside down in the opponent's net after their latest kronovi fail. How the hell do these people get to challenger-elite level or higher playing like that when any time I dare move out of my own half it's an insta-goal for the other team?

This freaking market... I know I complain about it frequently but I think I've just seen a new low. Someone is legit asking for 100 keys for striker purple Voltaic's.

Soulflarz

Banned
Become a bat mobile main, never worry about keys again

Twin Mill tho

(Okay I still have better control with octane but holy shit air dribbles and flicks on batmobile are fun-- actually it's just better all around for me but I'm too used to too much of Octane to switch lol)

Become a bat mobile main, never worry about keys again

I've debated doing this sooooo many times. It's one of my favourite cars too but I always end up back with the Octane somehow. I might swap back though, I just realised it would be a way better car for the muscle memory practice too.

I am so happy I don't care at all for Certified. Striker adds dozens of keys to pretty much any item.

Same, and I personally hate the purple Voltaic's too, way to dull. Just couldn't believe the price they were asking. I really don't understand the draw to Cert's though. I'd never be able to buy any cool stuff if I was trying for Cert items.

I've debated doing this sooooo many times. It's one of my favourite cars too but I always end up back with the Octane somehow. I might swap back though, I just realised it would be a way better car for the muscle memory practice too.

Same, and I personally hate the purple Voltaic's too, way to dull. Just couldn't believe the price they were asking. I really don't understand the draw to Cert's though. I'd never be able to buy any cool stuff if I was trying for Cert items.

It's mostly just striker that the high end market want. Other will add a few keys though. Also as much as I am enjoying the Twinmill Octane ZSR is calling me back again. It's just so damn good at everything.

Top Bottom