• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

It's mostly just striker that the high end market want. Other will add a few keys though. Also as much as I am enjoying the Twinmill Octane ZSR is calling me back again. It's just so damn good at everything.

Believe it or not I've finally found something I don't think the Octane does very well, or more likely I can't do very will with it. Shots when you're on you're side. For some reason I just can't get the power or angles that I can with the Dominus or other flatter cars. I'm not talking about the typical difference in power between them either but it's like I'm always catching the shot on the wheels with the Octane. Saying that though, I can fly inverted pretty well but not on my side so maybe with a bit of practice I'll get the hang of it.

It's weird for me though. I don't think I've ever encountered something I struggle to use the Octane for compared to other cars until now.

Bollocks

Bought 10 keys, openend my C4 crates, no Octan :(

At this point I think I'll have to trade for.
What is a good deal for the Octan or Dominus?
Any GAF brother willing to trade?

Bought 10 keys, openend my C4 crates, no Octan :(

At this point I think I'll have to trade for.
What is a good deal for the Octan or Dominus?
Any GAF brother willing to trade?

They are worth like 1-2 keys each. Should have waited till your keys were tradable and got them that way.

Ballistik

I started playing on Xbox, and then after some time I decided to give it a shot on my PC. Based on what's more convenient at the time, I essentially play on both... which resulted in my inventory being divided between these two accounts. I wish I could combine them somehow. I have stuff on Steam that could go well with stuff on my Xbox. I'd like to stick with Xbox just because I have more friends playing.

But anyways, I have keys on my Xbox account and I am willing to trade for an Octane ZSR.

Haven't been Champ since December and now I'm just constantly fluctuating between All-Star and Superstar. Really feels like my progression has stagnated even though I feel like I'm still improving certain skills. feelsbadman :(

At least the new monitor is coming in today.

Bread

Banned
I need two good teammates on Xbox One. Goal is to reach Champion ranks. I have no clue where I should look for them. Posting something on reddit will probably disappear there without anyone noticing.
I'm at rising star and my teammates are holding me back from progressing, hit me up gt is DCot

Pepiope

I'm at rising star and my teammates are holding me back from progressing, hit me up gt is DCot
You're holding your teammates back Bread. You can't cheat in RL the way your Patriots cheat at football.

Ps. You still haven't played with me :(

Yeah I'd like to also petition for some teammates, I'm knocking on rising star right now, still challenger elite. Steam name is xrayregime. Please help 😎

Hazelhurst

3o7bufyvxVTgg5xtjG.gif

I love when teammates can pass like this.

Bollocks

Finally made it to Challenger Elite again in Solo 3 after the rank distribution change, which theoretically should have made it easier but for the life of me I couldn't rank up any more while I had no problems reaching rising star on standard.

Also tested that hot wheels car(not the hot rod one) and it is ok but I find the engine sound really irritating.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Enough is enough.

After one year of Rocket League I've decided to do the right thing: I uninstalled the game.

Why? I just completed a 3-4 hours play session and, no... I don't want to explain anything. Playing this game feels like work now. This is where it needs to stop.

The last three months weren't fun at all. Up until then, I had a great time with it.

Goodbye.

Pepiope

Enough is enough.

After one year of Rocket League I've decided to do the right thing: I uninstalled the game.

Why? I just completed a 3-4 hours play session and, no... I don't want to explain anything. Playing this game feels like work now. This is where it needs to stop.

The last three months weren't fun at all. Up until then, I had a great time with it.

Goodbye.
We could've played some. Figured out what was wrong. :(

gngf123

I got into Rising Star!

Holy shit, it might not be much for some of you on here but I seriously can't believe it. In good time for those wheels too!

I only play for fun :D With my pace I'm going to be "good" in 2 years but I'm always up for some matches after a stressful day. It's a good way to realx, actually.

No ranked for me since last year.

Enough is enough.

Goodbye.
See you in a week day or two!

I got into Rising Star!

Holy shit, it might not be much for some of you on here but I seriously can't believe it. In good time for those wheels too!
Congrats! That's a big step.

Shirow

Banned
So I got this game a week ago, I played the free weekend on Xbox and liked it a lot and bought it. Was being matched up against the rookies so I was feeling confident here and there making goals. Didn't do much of the tutorials really...

Then the game started matching me up with the veterans and holy crap I'm I getting my ass handed to me, I really suck and getting up in the air like them. Any tips for a newbie or direction as to who to follow on YT for tutorials? I need to "git gud" somehow!

Bread

Banned
So I got this game a week ago, I played the free weekend on Xbox and liked it a lot and bought it. Was being matched up against the rookies so I was feeling confident here and there making goals. Didn't do much of the tutorials really...

Then the game started matching me up with the veterans and holy crap I'm I getting my ass handed to me, I really suck and getting up in the air like them. Any tips for a newbie or direction as to who to follow on YT for tutorials? I need to "git gud" somehow!
Just keep playing man, you'll develop your skills as you spend more time in game. There's no secret to the game, you just gotta git gud.

Mason RL has a great series.

Best Rocket League Tips & Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfOQj_w9egkBNVS0Vrtf11ng5ISeXAk-H

This is the recycling logo:

It's also one of the best ways to play Rocket League (at least until you git really really really really gud). It's called rotating or cycling.

To really sum it up quickly, if you go to hit the ball and miss, or you hit it but you know you don't have a shot at hitting it again, then rotate back (get some boost if you can), and let your teammate go for the next attempt. If you get a team of 3 people playing this way, you'll never let in those goals where an opponent clears the ball from their goal and it sails into an empty net. It also means your teammates will be able to play with more confidence, which means better shots and more saves/goals.

Unfortunately there's often one player on your team who doesn't understand this.

Unicorn

depressively bought 5 keys and opened 3 PCC and got breakout (which was last car I needed), grey painted funny book for said breakout, and grey painted tribal for octane zsr.

feel a lot happier, but grey ended up being really unnoticeable :/

Need more painted unicorn horns.

depressively bought 5 keys and opened 3 PCC and got breakout (which was last car I needed), grey painted funny book for said breakout, and grey painted tribal for octane zsr.

feel a lot happier, but grey ended up being really unnoticeable :/

Need more painted unicorn horns.
I only ever got that one but it was meant for you!

TheKeyPit

Banned
Call me freaking mad, but I reinstalled it on my Xbox One and I switched back from the Octane ZSR to my beloved Dominus GT that I haven't played with since December last year, and I'm instantly playing better; more accurate shots and they somehow have more power.

You should really send me to an asylum, because I nearly spent the whole day playing this and making no ranked progress whatsoever. I got back to Superstar in Doubles about an hour ago and I lost three matches in a row throwing me back down to All-Star Div 4, right where I started today. This is Rocket League, and I hate it.

Honestly sounds like you just needed a little break from playing vs abandoning game completely. When you get frustrated with self or teammates or the game stops being fun it usually means you are pressing. Take a few days to a week off and come back. Does wonders for me.

Shirow

Banned
This is the recycling logo:

It's also one of the best ways to play Rocket League (at least until you git really really really really gud). It's called rotating or cycling.

To really sum it up quickly, if you go to hit the ball and miss, or you hit it but you know you don't have a shot at hitting it again, then rotate back (get some boost if you can), and let your teammate go for the next attempt. If you get a team of 3 people playing this way, you'll never let in those goals where an opponent clears the ball from their goal and it sails into an empty net. It also means your teammates will be able to play with more confidence, which means better shots and more saves/goals.

Unfortunately there's often one player on your team who doesn't understand this.
Thanks a lot for this, was playing today with this in mind.

Hale-XF11

I got into Rising Star!

Congrats, still trying to get there myself, but have been stuck in Elite hell for weeks now.

Top Bottom