• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Aliens Colonial Marines Wii U version "postponed indefinitely"

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I just finished watching a walkthrough of the 360 version. Nobody is missing anything if this version really has been cancelled.

Replicant

Still the definitive version.
Finally, some good news for the Wii U.

lvp9E44.jpg

kaiwing

Being that it's delayed, aren't they still under contract to release it? Meaning that Gearbox is going to have to use up the profits from Borderlands 2 to bring the WiiU version up to par with Borderlands and the original demo to save face and not get a breach of contract from Sega?

I see one of two possibilities:

1) The Wii U version wasn't ready and Sega is sufficiently scared at Wii U software performance to not want to throw more money into it.

2) The Wii U version wasn't ready and Sega is sufficiently scared at A:CM performance/quality to not want to throw more money into it.

(or both, really)

or (because maybe dreams can really come true)

3) Given the critical mauling the game has received, Sega/Gearbox has decided to delay the almost completed Wii U version to try to address some of the criticisms, Ninja Gaiden 3 style.

V_Ben

Banned

1) The Wii U version wasn't ready and Sega is sufficiently scared at Wii U software performance to not want to throw more money into it.

2) The Wii U version wasn't ready and Sega is sufficiently scared at A:CM performance/quality to not want to throw more money into it.

(or both, really)

That is the best combination of the worst things I can think of. wow.

Harlock

The Wii U version is the least of the concerns of GearBox. Pitchford and Sega must be having a long talk right now.

antonz

With the quality of the released versions and the reception it was inevitable the Wii U version was in trouble.

Gearbox is in for a shitstorm for sure from Sega

“This is the best controller Nintendo’s ever made for making an FPS. This is the best controller Nintendo has ever given us for playing hardcore games.”
"It's pretty clear to us that the best-looking console version of Aliens: Colonial Marines is going to be on the Wii U."
"So, like, I'm playing the game and maybe I'm in one of those suspenseful sections, and all of a sudden... WAWUM, WAWUM, and I realise the sound is coming from the controller. And I look down and it's a motion tracker in my hand, in the actual controller. And it's motion-sensitive too so I can scan the room by moving the controller. It's pretty cool and that's just one of the many uses of this device."
"Now, the Wii U is a more powerful machine so if you're one of those early adopter types and you've got the disposable income to buy a new console right now, maybe that's something you want to look at for this game."

I still can't believe they canned the Obsidian Alien RPG and yet gave Gearbox the green light for A:CM with its six-year dev cycle. Come on Sega, people actually like Alpha Protocol.

I really wonder if Gearbox shifted development funds to Borderlands 2. Shady shit has been known to happen in this industry. I wonder if we'll see another epic legal fight.

I suspect Sega got wind of the game's quality, nixed development on the Wii U version (and announced it as a delay) and decided to shovel it out the door apologetically. Even if it sells very well in spite of its status as an awful game, I'm not sure whether they'll bother; it's not good for reputations.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

(or both, really)

yeah, it's probably a combination of both. Sega's watchin' dat bottom line.

(or both, really)

I'm going with both, with a slight lean to the latter.

farnham

Banned
Well after how bad this game is reviewed i think nobody gives a damn. Funny how i wanted this game over most wanted and how that turned around 180

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
This could be seen coming from a mile off. They haven't made a peep about the Wii U version in ages.

Concept17

"Your system is doing so poorly we decided it wasn't even worth putting our horrible game on it."

Its still amazing to me how many years that game was in development and what it turned out to be. It was originally announced so long ago.

kinggroin

Banned

(or both, really)

I choose C

Top Bottom