• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Capcom Prepping Dino Crisis Reboot? (OXM UK)

Marvel

could never
Speaking of Dinosaur, when will this get a release date?
8Eu7.gif

What game is this?

Jawmuncher

I've been digging for information and haven't really come across anything that put this in the realm of basically being confirmed.

However I want to say that the chance of this happening is higher than it ever has bee.

1. We know capcom is planning on bringing a classic IP back. In most discussion circles Mega-Man, Dino Crisis, and Onimusha are usually at the top of the list.

2. The rumor was stating that the release for the game would be this holiday. We currently have no clue what titles Capcom has planned for this holiday. But a new Dino Crisis game would be the easiest sell for Eastern and Western markets.

3.This year marks the 15th anniversary of the series and perhaps they will be playing a nostalgia angle. Already been murmurs that Nostalgia is going to be a big focus at E3 this year with the bigger companies.

That's really all I have so i'm still keeping my expectations in check. Shame Capcom wasn't at PAX with a panel like they were last year since they probably would have announced it there if it was happening. So E3 is the only other option since the announcement for whatever they were reviving was going to be when the weather was warm.

The title of the new game should be....Dino Crisis: Lizard Panic!

Seriously, if there is a new game in the series it would be a good opportunity to change that hilarious title.

takoyaki

I really, really, really want a new Onimusha, but I can see Capcom re-booting Dino Crisis. Guns are more popular than swords and dinosaurs would be "something else" to shoot. Capcom might be thinking that the whole Samurai/Ninja thing is a bit played out right now and give Dino Crisis a shot.

News Bot

Banned
Regina is one of my favorite characters in the history of gaming. Not a whole lot of places they could take the story, though.

Doran902

I need more Dinosaurs in my life.

Give me a reboot where it is basically Jurassic Park but extreme horror and blood / gore. Please. I want to be running around a factory looking to turn on the power generator and trying to shotgun raptors before they rip my face off and running through the jungle trying not to get eaten by a Rex, but if I found the secret RPG stash I can blow its head off for bonus loots.

Game of my life............

Whompa

Well they've already managed to murder pretty much all of my childhood favorite games so it only makes sense to move onto Dino Crisis and rip that IP into shreds.

What they really need, is a game director with some experience to handle these reboots and large scale AAA games.

Hex

Banned
Old News but don't recall it being posted (Didn't want to make a new thread)

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/450453438824853504

JayWood2010 ‏@JayWood2010 Mar 30
@XboxP3 A rumor was going on about a Dino Crisis Reboot coming to Xbox One. Do you know if there is any truth to this?

Phil Spencer ‏@XboxP3
@JayWood2010 We aren't working on DC, it would have to be another publisher if it were true.

So looks like the idea that it would be XB1 exclusive is shot down. Since if that was the case I don't think he would have even answered the question.

Did anyone with a shred of common sense think it would be exclusive if they made it?
Xbox got DR3, PS got Deep Down , one is not all of the sudden favored.
If a game like this were to be worth making at all it would need all of the sales available that it could reach.
But that being said , there has not been a peep about this since so I think it is time to bury it for now.
People really need to look at the date on the OP.

GravyButt

What game is this?

Wondering this as well. Anything dinosaurs im in. Ive had an unhealthy obsession that started with The Land Before Time when I was young and and even unhealthier obsession with Jurassic Park.

Loved the Dino Crisis games, well minus the last one. Need this in my life.

Daingurse

I really hope Capcom is bringing back Dino Crisis. I would be fine with either interpretation, survival horror vs action, or some hybrid of the two. Just bring it back looking gorgeous and done competently.

CornDogg

I'd be on board so long as it's more survival horror, less action. DC1 was awesome in its day. Give me something like that, but with better controls.

Capcom should totally bring Dino Crisis, look at the market, as far as I know there are no Dinosaurs to be found around, it would be great for Capcom to reintroduce Dino Crisis, it will be something totally new and unlike anything in the market.

The sooner the better, Q1-2015 by most, otherwise I'm pretty sure others will jump on the whole Dinosaurs fuzz after Godzilla's movie.

Daingurse

Capcom should totally bring Dino Crisis, look at the market, as far as I know there are no Dinosaurs to be found around, it would be great for Capcom to reintroduce Dino Crisis, it will be something totally new and unlike anything in the market.

The sooner the better, Q1-2015 by most, otherwise I'm pretty sure others will jump on the whole Dinosaurs fuzz after Godzilla's movie.

Jurassic World is dropping too, someone really could leverage that momentum . . .

kick51

Banned
how is Carnivores HD on PS3? been waiting forever for it to go on sale, but it seems like it would be fun, albeit janky

Endo Punk

Let me guess. All the world leaders are secretly dinosaurs in disguise cue edgy mutha fucka who knows what's up because his half dinosaur and half dipshit and channels strength from both sources to combat the dino menace.

Sephzilla

Let me guess. All the world leaders are secretly dinosaurs in disguise cue edgy mutha fucka who knows what's up because his half dinosaur and half dipshit and channels strength from both sources to combat the dino menace.

And Vergil turns into a demon T-Rex

I actually wish that bullshit rumor was true, it would have been more entertaining than what actually happened

Is there any reason another company couldn't make their own version of this? It's not like it was a huge franchise with a ton of lore and memorable characters.

NR1

I wonder if there will be an equally entertaining melt down when Capcom shows off the game and the Dinos have no feathers and they have a D-Rex.

But more on topic, I really hope we see a reboot. I miss this franchise.

wapplew

Why not? Jurassic world in 2015, Dino will become hot again.
Capcom Vancouver gonna work on something after DR3 right? MS will be more than happy to fund that.

Top Bottom