• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Capcom Prepping Dino Crisis Reboot? (OXM UK)

Arklite

It might be co-op and I honestly wouldn't mind it. Regina and Dylan paired up together? I would dig it. Lots of weaponry in the game already with an upgrade system. I want to see new mechanics and not fucking QTEs (a few are fine but I don't want RE6 style QTE bombardment). While it wouldn't be a survival horror I would still like some jungle environment survival elements in the game. Stuff like having to kill wildlife to regain health or covering up scent in waters/mud/feces to avoid dino aggro.

Not sure about the hardcore survival theme, but co-op would be welcome. I mostly hope they try to modernize what Dino Crisis 2 accomplished with it's arcade hybrid style of combo counters, fast auto lock shots and melee swipes, extremely high capacity weapons (refilled in percentages), and in-game point shops for item/gear/weapon unlocks. I guess it could end up being anything at this point.

Also, yeah, I do hope Regina comes back. Taking out dinosaurs as a redheaded punk rocker spec ops agent is as ridiculous as it should be.

Oublieux

As long as it has Regina because, well, redheads!

Okay, on a more serious note, I would be so excited for this. Dino Crisis was one of the first few games I played on the PS1, and as a child, it was an absolute joy to play. Survival horror themed game with dinosaurs--what more could a kid have asked for?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
If they're gonna make it like RE6 if at all then they should keep the combo system from DC2 then, Dino Crisis moving away from the survival horror aspect was for the best, Dino Crisis 2 is GOAT. It'd be like a slower paced Vanquish with dinosaurs instead of robots.

-MD-

I'd be there day 1. All the "make it like RE4, 5 and 6!" posts make me wanna puke though, I hope it's nothing like that.

Cwarrior

HOLY *Faints*

omg

1309805983200236.gif

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Now that they've driven the brand of RE into the ground with RC and RE6 they are forced to bring back Dino Crisis.

Excellent.

Arklite

I'd be there day 1. All the "make it like RE4, 5 and 6!" posts make me wanna puke though, I hope it's nothing like that.

Not sure how well a traditional survival horror game would do for them, if that's more of what you'd hope for. I'd be down for something like Dead Space 1 (...minus the space, and the space ship part...) with a slower pace, eerie corridors/facilites and limited supplies. Actually those raptor encounters from DS2 were pretty damn great/creepy.

Dahbomb

Not sure about the hardcore survival theme, but co-op would be welcome. I mostly hope they try to modernize what Dino Crisis 2 accomplished with it's arcade hybrid style of combo counters, fast auto lock shots and melee swipes, extremely high capacity weapons (refilled in percentages), and in-game point shops for item/gear/weapon unlocks. I guess it could end up being anything at this point.

Also, yeah, I do hope Regina comes back. Taking out dinosaurs as a redheaded punk rocker spec ops agent is as ridiculous as it should be.
The bolded is already what RE is nowadays.... I mean just look at Mercenary mode for example.

Minus the camera perspective... DC2 was already very much like RE4.

Action heavy with some element of survival horror, weapon upgrades, set pieces, "on rail segments" etc.

It's pretty much the natural evolution of the series if it wants to break out in the current gen. No way is the fixed camera, auto lock on tank control shooting game play gonna work in today's market.

Daingurse

This thread has made me question why I don't own Dino Crisis 1&2 on PSN, to play on my Vita. Really need to correct that. At least I'll have something if this turns out to be bunk.

after dead rising 3 I would say the odds of it being xbox exclusive are pretty good.

I would say that chances of it being an Xbone exclusive are very slim. That would instantly mean next to no sales in Japan and they would be cutting out a massive user base in the rest of the world. If they are making a new Dino Crisis it will be multiplatform.
Then again Dino Crisis 3 was an Xbox exclusive... but that didn't turn out so well.

Anteater

damn it, 3 pages and no one said "give it to platinum!!!1111", I wanted to post these lol

Though, I'm not sure how I feel about a modern Kamiya Dino Crisis considering the dude said he doesn't like survival horror, and he has not made a "tps" since RE2...

Riposte

(a few are fine but I don't want RE6 style QTE bombardment).

Do you mean Resident Evil 6's recovery/grab break button mashes? I don't see the problem with them if they are lenient (and moreover, avoidable with evasion mechanics). You are going to get latched onto by something's teeth, so I would expect there be some interactivity involved.

Jawmuncher

damn it, 3 pages and no one said "give it to platinum!!!1111", I wanted to post these lol

Though, I'm not sure how I feel about a modern Kamiya Dino Crisis considering the dude said he doesn't like survival horror, and he has not made a "tps" since RE2...

Would definitely be crazy if the CBOAT Platinum game was Dino Crisis.
Though that would mean capcom working with platinum and they haven't said squat about that, even though platinum has said they're ok with it.

Yes!

Hope they use Panta Rhei engine (Deepdown). The dragon in that game looks fantastic and the engine just begs to be used for RE4 style gameplay.

The Jason

I hope they do. A next-gen dinosaur survivor game would be incredible.

Also, it needs to be set on a tropical island.

iOS/Android exclusive

Now that they've driven the brand of RE into the ground with RC and RE6 they are forced to bring back Dino Crisis.

Excellent.

HA HA HA

Now it's Dino Crisis' turn to get driven to the ground!

It's only a matter of time before all their brilliant IPs go down the shitter.

They never should have dropped it. Imagine if no RE games were made after 4, and instead they made Dino Crisis games using the gameplay evolution RE made into an Action Game. The Dinosaur theme would be better suited to the action playstyle.

Dahbomb

iOS/Android exclusive

HA HA HA

Now it's Dino Crisis' turn to get driven to the ground!

It's only a matter of time before all their brilliant IPs go down the shitter.
I don't think its possible for DC to be any worse than "dead" or "comatose" which is what it is now.

I don't think its possible for DC to be any worse than "dead" or "comatose" which is what it is now.

well, "undead"

ohh, they will merge RE and DC. T-Virus infected Dinosaurs!!!111
F2P online shooter

edit: that PS4 dinosaur game got canceled, right? Now I want this rumor even more to be true!

If this happens, It will be crazy great, and I think Capcom can reignite the dinosaur flare and take the market by surprise, even if they make it with RE5 Action focused gameplay, cause Dino Crisis 2 gives the feeling that Action Horror is better suited.

They never should have dropped it. Imagine if no RE games were made after 4, and instead they made Dino Crisis games using the gameplay evolution RE made into an Action Game. The Dinosaur theme would be better suited to the action playstyle.
you mean after RE5, at least RE5 could have ended the story completely.

Jawmuncher

Old News but don't recall it being posted (Didn't want to make a new thread)

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/450453438824853504

JayWood2010 ‏@JayWood2010 Mar 30
@XboxP3 A rumor was going on about a Dino Crisis Reboot coming to Xbox One. Do you know if there is any truth to this?

Phil Spencer ‏@XboxP3
@JayWood2010 We aren't working on DC, it would have to be another publisher if it were true.

So looks like the idea that it would be XB1 exclusive is shot down. Since if that was the case I don't think he would have even answered the question.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This thread taught me that Dino Crisis 3 existed...WOW...How did I miss that game? and wow it looks bad...nvm I see how I missed it lol

Jawmuncher

Wouldn't it make more sense for Capcom to gauge us if there is interest for Dino Crisis?

I would have thought so as well. But then again DC1 and 2 are already out on PSN and PC releases would be odd since not even RE1-3 have had PC releases either.

If this is true i'm taking it as a spur of the moment decision from capcom. Since either perhaps they're just reusing assets from RE6 or it could be another third party developed game that perhaps another studio had pitched. However Jurassic World might have had a hand in the game getting off the ground.

The oddest thing is the rumors are saying this holiday for release. Which from my recollection would be the shortest amount of time for a capcom game to be announced and then released. Aside from Dead Rising 3 but that was under the MS umbrella and was a launch title so the reasoning works there.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Please be true. Please for the love of God be true.

...Just make sure its like the second, action packed and fast paced, not just RE with Dinos like the first one was (I still love the first one, but still...).

-MD-

I would have thought so as well. But then again DC1 and 2 are already out on PSN and PC releases would be odd since not even RE1-3 have had PC releases either.

Capcom needs to fix this, all of these games should be on Steam by now. People would swoop those up during sales like it's nobodies business.

RE4 gets a fuckin' port to a new platform like every year and RE Remake just withers away on the gamecube and wii.

Top Bottom