• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: European Nintendo release dates leaked

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Interesting, have not kept up with news. But yeah localization is not as simple as some people assume.

Yeah, I think all of those are definitely going to happen except maybe Zelda. That one may get Tropical Freezed, but I hope not.

if the "leaked" releases will be confirmed, I'd say that, if Zelda will be delayed (but at that point, I'd bet on a later release, not Q1 2016), we could see another release announced at E3 substituting Zelda (not another project as "hyped" as Zelda, but maybe something still worth it!)

VegiHam

If we get these kinds of delays for Zelda and especially Xenoblade I'll be quite annoyed. Not much loss in waiting for Kirby but I don't wanna have to spend ages dealing with spoilers and have nobody to talk to about the games when they do come out...

Fake, NoE has to rename everything on there first.

- Yoshi and the World of Knitted Jumpers
I think Yoshi's Woolley World is the NoE name for the game. I will gladly take the US Wooly World instead. XD

if the "leaked" releases will be confirmed, I'd say that, if Zelda will be delayed (but at that point, I'd bet on a later release, not Q1 2016), we could see another release announced at E3 substituting Zelda (not another project as "hyped" as Zelda, but maybe something still worth it!)
I can imagine them going "Remember when we said this year wouldn't have a main Mario game? We lied!" *Shows off a Mario game*

E-phonk

Banned
Nice.

I could see XBX and starfox for september/october (hyrule warriors & bayonetta slot), zelda hopefully mid november at that smashbros spot, right before black friday in the US and a week later in EU, and mario maker as their december for-all-the-ages title.

The only title I could see to replace Zelda is Animal Crossing. Everything else will lead to a big sales disaster for WiiU Q4 2015, it's most important quarter of the year, and the only quarter where it reaches decent numbers.

ChaosXVI

Well June for Yoshi sounds great and all...but why the hell haven't we seen it even once since E3? I mean the thing was revealed more than 2 years ago, though clearly in a very early state.

It's a 2D platformer, why is it taking so long to come out, and why aren't we seeing more of it? Not in January's Direct which would have been a perfect time...or in November's Direct which would have been a perfect time.

Side-note: Why haven't we seen Star Fox yet for that matter?

Going by Pokemon time I'm expecting the game to come out ~6mo after Japan release. Soo end of October or 1-2 Holiday Combo with Legend of Zelda at 20.11.15
November is what I am guessing as well. Star Fox screams October to me. Mario Maker in August/September.
Why would Zelda be delayed just for Europe, just because Kirby was? That logic doesn't follow
I am thinking worldwide release, but may be delayed in general personally.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Well June for Yoshi sounds great and all...but why the hell haven't we seen it even once since E3? I mean the thing was revealed more than 2 years ago, though clearly in a very early state.

It's a 2D platformer, why is it taking so long to come out, and why aren't we seeing more of it? Not in January's Direct which would have been a perfect time...or in November's Direct which would have been a perfect time.

Side-note: Why haven't we seen Star Fox yet for that matter?

Because Nintendo, for a reason that is unknown to any logical being outside them, doesn't show all the upcoming games with every possible occasion. More so, they sometimes show too much of one game and too less of others. Maybe they think that Yoshi and Kirby target quite the same public and they don't want to steal Kirby's thunder.

NotLiquid

Nice.

I could see XBX and starfox for september/october (hyrule warriors & bayonetta slot), zelda hopefully mid november at that smashbros spot, right before black friday in the US and a week later in EU, and mario maker as their december for-all-the-ages title.

I'm still expecting Mario Maker as a September title. It'd coincide with the 30th anniversary of Super Mario Bros., which was what Nintendo pointed out during its recent appearance. I'm going to take a totally wild card guess and peg XBX for August with Star Fox getting a September or October slot. Zelda ought to be last week of November or first week of December.

JoeM86

Kirby AND Captain Toad AND Smash AND Codename Steam AND...

Smash was a week later

Kirby has always been later in Europe

Codename STEAM I can't speak about

Captain Toad was quietly pushed forward to only be two weeks after the US.

You only have half a point here :p Most games have been simultaneous launch US/EU lately, or if anything, Europe gets it first.

XBX, Zelda and all remaining 2015 games all come out on 26th of June, it was already leaked by amazon.it.
/jk

This schedule seems quite probable and Splatoon's date in line with MK8's one from last year. It would be nice to finally have two month in a row with Nintendo releases on Wii U.

I thought it's the release schedule for the rest of the year.

VegiHam

Smash was a week later

Kirby has always been later in Europe

Codename STEAM I can't speak about

Captain Toad was quietly pushed forward to only be two weeks after the US.

You only have half a point here :p Most games have been simultaneous launch US/EU lately, or if anything, Europe gets it first.
Also Pokemon Omega Ruby!
But yeah, I guess it's not much of a pattern.
However, I have terrible luck and the universe hates me. Games I want will be delayed just to make me sad. It's inevitable.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Looks okay to me, guess I better place my pre-order for Splatoon and Kirby.

Why does noe have releases so far behind noa

Because Nintendo of Europe sucks.

I am still pissed off that we had to wait a week for Pokémon OR/AS just so Sonic Boom can bomb in the market.

I swear if Zelda U get delayed in Europe, I am gonna be pissed, I do not want to wait weeks or month after everyone else.

JoeM86

Also Pokemon Omega Ruby!
But yeah, I guess it's not much of a pattern.
However, I have terrible luck and the universe hates me. Games I want will be delayed just to make me sad. It's inevitable.

If Zelda is just a week later, as most of the examples have been, we don't have an issue.
Because Nintendo of Europe sucks.

I am still pissed off that we had to wait a week for Pokémon OR/AS just so Sonic Boom can bomb in the market.
Yeah that's not why ORAS was a week late...

Man, Splatoon and Yoshi in a couple of months?

I've been spending 100% of my console playing time on the Wii U for almost a year now, and it looks like that's not changing soon.

VegiHam

If Zelda is just a week later, as most of the examples have been, we don't have an issue.
Yeah that's not why ORAS was a week late...
A week later would be terrible. Terrible. If we get it november 29th and they get it november 22nd I will actually cry.

Was it a week late because we're being punished for the leaks and if so why do I have to suffer for Italy's sins?

phanphare

Banned
That is a terrible lineup. The Wii U really is the Zelda/Starfoxbox at this point

cmon let's be real

Zelda is going to be an open world game that should have released 10 years ago and Starfox will be a typical Miyamoto gimmick-fest

the Wii U is really just a boxbox at this point

NotLiquid

I have to say, what with the 22nd being a very popular date thrown around for Splatoon before this, I can only pray that Nintendo actually releases the game worldwide on the same day, or at the very least do it like Mario Kart 8 where the western territories get it at the same day and the only other discrepancies are by a day's release.

The game is going to rely really hard on its online player base and I wouldn't want to see it slow down. The fact that they already announced a mode that is going to only be available when a number of players have reached a ranking makes me hope that the criteria will be met very shortly.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yoshi in June? YES PLEASE.

mclem

"Yoshi's Woolley World" is either a strange typo, or a terrible name.

In which Yoshi runs for parliament, and wins. Alas, though, he has to deal with the politics, aided mainly by his principal private secretary, who in turn is having to deal with his immediate superiors as well.

QxikZPN.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Which makes it more obvious that it is true because they wouldn't try to hide it. Guess someone jumped the gun on the upcoming Direct.

It has to be this week, at this point. If not...in two days, considering this leak.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
For others: I was not saying that Zelda would be delayed just in EU, but that it could be delayed period. In that case, I think they have something in the oven for Christmas (not as "strong" as Zelda probably)

I can imagine them going "Remember when we said this year wouldn't have a main Mario game? We lied!" *Shows off a Mario game*

I really hope they will unveil a Mario Univers aka Galaxy3 for the U, but for '16 (aside METEROIIIIIID!)

The only title I could see to replace Zelda is Animal Crossing. Everything else will lead to a big sales disaster for WiiU Q4 2015, it's most important quarter of the year, and the only quarter where it reaches decent numbers.

Animal Crossing U, or maybe an amiibo-centric game.

ChaosXVI

If there's a Direct this week, and both Star Fox and Yoshi are absent yet again, I'm going to really lose my shit.

Of course, I'll lose my shit regardless, because Nintendo Direct hype always gets the better of me, every single time.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That is what many Twitter people have been saying.
Considering this leak as well, it gives even more credit to it.

That would be funny if that was the reason why it happened.

If Penello had to say to European MS branch that Europe is not a country, I can perfectly believe this as well.

Effect

No XBX? It better be a fake...

Xenoblade Chronicles X has always seemed like it was a post-June game outside of Japan. Especially with Japan getting it at they very end of April. It's actually a May game that way. So the earliest we could see XCX if localization was already started months ago is July. That's always where I pegged the game coming out. July or August. Hopefully early July. June would be nice if it somehow happen. It would get overshadowed in the Fall so I hope it doesn't drop there in any of the major areas. I accept it will be later in the smaller areas unfortunately. Overshadowed not just by Nintendo games but by other games on other systems. XCX needs breathing room.

JoeM86

If there's a Direct this week, and both Star Fox and Yoshi are absent yet again, I'm going to really lose my shit.

Of course, I'll lose my shit regardless, because Nintendo Direct hype always gets the better of me, every single time.

Seeing as, if this is legit, it means we're getting Yoshi within 3 months and a Yoshi date, logic dictates it'll be in the Direct :p

Regiruler

Oh man that P&D release date. How to kill Kirby (combine lukewarm US reception with game to eclipse it). Its not like there isn't a completely empty April to release it in...

STEAM isn't out in Japan until May so the question should be why does America get it in March?

Lincoln pulled some strings.

Having every character be from american literature (save
Califia
I think) might help with american localisation somewhat.

jaina

I have to say, what with the 22nd being a very popular date thrown around for Splatoon before this, I can only pray that Nintendo actually releases the game worldwide on the same day, or at the very least do it like Mario Kart 8 where the western territories get it at the same day and the only other discrepancies are by a day's release.

The game is going to rely really hard on its online player base and I wouldn't want to see it slow down.

AFAIK the developers said in a Famitsu interview that they are shooting for a worldwide release for exactly this reason.

Top Bottom