• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: European Nintendo release dates leaked

Yoshi in June makes me happy but no direct brings tears to my eyes :(
May is packed here in Euroland btw. Kirby, Splatoon and Codename Steam in one month is bad for my wallet.

Haldinian

I think the Direct will be only announced after the 31th, when the Mewtwo promo finishes.

Maaaybe the next friday, with Xenoblade 3D on JP and EU, we hear something about it.

Red Devil

Ehh, for some reason I think this doesn't bode well for my expectations of Xenoblade Chronicles X coming out in July in the americas.

E-phonk

Banned
Ehh, for some reason I think this doesn't bode well for my expectations of Xenoblade Chronicles X coming out in July in the americas.

That would have been a losing bet anyway. Nintendo would've said Q2 2015 or summer 2015 if that was their plan. An ETA of "2015" means Q3/Q4 most of the time.

Gambit

If dates are outright leaking, a direct will probably get announced any hour now.

I am so ready for it, but actually lost hope when the Splatoon previews came out. I thought if there was a direct this week, they surely would have been embargoed until then. Maybe I am too pessimistic, as Joe pointed out.

Anyway, never would I more gladly have been wrong.

EDIT: Nintendo Maintenance on Tuesday gives credence to this:

I'm thinking Tuesday based on this and the fact the Japanese eShop downloads next week are non existent.

Yes, I am reaching for straws

This is kinda ridiculous. Nintendo is trying to push Splatoon as a major new IP (which it is. I'm super excited for it), but if they want people to buy it they need a set release date a few months in advance. A direct would be great, so they have a chance to announce final release dates or even release windows for titles like Xenoblade Chronicles X or SMTxFE (I'll never let it die).

69wpm

The Game Collection now lists Splatoon for May 15th.

FOv8m0N.jpg

Maybe the dates got deleted because NOE is still shuffling them around.

openrob

Question:

Why would publishers care if people found out about release dates?

Edit:

It's probably too so with backlash if they end up changing dates right?

Top Bottom