• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Half-Life 3 may use Steam as a release platform

This is like writing the first sentence of your book report the first night it was assigned and viewing that as a work in progress.

"The Franco-Prussian War was..."

Ms.Galaxy

Half Life 3 is not, nor will it ever, be released. Stop doing this to yourself people, your crushed hopes and dreams only fuels Gabe's TF2 hat production.

6d407d49ea87284f7f4bca0fcdc921f7.jpg

Half Life 3 is not, nor will it ever, be released. Stop doing this to yourself people, your crushed hopes and dreams only fuels Gabe's TF2 hat production.

People will never let it go. If they had put out Episode 3 I think people would be a lot better with it. But, it is pretty shitty that they promised 3 episodes and then never finished the story and delivered a product.

That's what makes this all interesting to me. I just want to know what has gone on behind the scenes with Episode 3/HL3. How many attempts have been made and scrapped? Just one? A dozen? They had a product they showed screens of and talked about for years that just up and vanished. And while companies like Activision and Ubi crank out annual sequels, Valve seems very content with just letting their (once?) massive franchise stay dead and buried. It's a crazy thing I want to know more about.

Trojan

But guise.... wat if it's true? Wat if Gaben WANTED us to believe it's fake just to throw us off the scent?

BizzyBum

At this point I don't even want it to come out because no matter how good it is it will still be considered a disappointment.

Nzyme32

No, they cannot.

Before it releases some devs / pubs are able to call any app anything they want. Just from today's leak there are a number of names of test apps and experiments developers have used and already come forward about.

Also more to the point, it's Half-Life, not Half Life, which already calls it into question

Wagram

If I were Valve I probably would never release Half Life 3 at this point. The ridiculous hype that surrounds this game will never be lived up.

tensuke

We got TLG, FF7R, and Shenmue III announced this year (all on the same day no less). We'll hear about HL3 by 2020, I guarantee it.

Marjar

Banned
Considering Valve's recent decisions and where their focus has been lying, it's hard for me to really be excited for this game anymore. Really can't help but feel like it'll end up being immensely disappointing. I say that as a huge fanboy for Half-Life 2.

I wouldn't be that pessimistic. I think it'll get made at some point. I'm just not going to pay any attention until then though, it's not worth trying to uncover and decipher things.

It'll be here when it's ready. Whatever.

like i said before half life 3 won't be made unless Valve comes up with some type of revolutionary gameplay mechanic or technology for the game.... for them Half Life 3 can't just be another critically acclaimed game, it has to be groundbreaking like HL 1 and HL 2 were..

which is why i think most of the people at Valve won't do it unless they find that out

Top Bottom