• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

Not sure if it's been changed but Amy Hennig used to say other than Golden Abyss, the games were supposed to take place in present day. Considering there's talk of cell phones in 3, I doubt that game would have been taking place in like 1994 or earlier.

Also, I have an OG PlayStation that still runs Crash Bandicoot, memory card and all. So it's not all that unlikely.

You are lucky! :D

Blues1990

I actually want to know the in-game context for this. Like, did Elena force Nathan to play one of her old PS1 games, just so she can have a giggle fit that this seasoned adventurer is incapable of out running a giant boulder as a cartoon bandicoot?

Who's the Gopher? What else would feature in Dreams 2.0?

Ridge Racer?
Half Life 3?
Silent Hills?

Edit: damn, that's a lot of questions.

Who's the Gopher? What else would feature in Dreams 2.0?

Ridge Racer?
Half Life 3?
Silent Hills?

Edit: damn, that's a lot of questions.

He's a known insider with a really good track record.

As for what it could feature, Megaman Legends 3 revival? Shenmue HD? Jak 4 (by a different studio)?

Half Life 3 would be crazy and could happen but I doubt it would be something Gopher would hint at or know of.

topplehat

As for what it could feature, Megaman Legends 3 revival? Shenmue HD? Jak 4 (by a different studio)?

Half Life 3 would be crazy and could happen but I doubt it would be something Gopher would hint at or know of.

haha megaman legends 3 would make me cry

Cheers, Shenmue HD would be good for me. Own the first one, but somehow never got around to playing it.

Would love Crash 1-3 to get a remake/remaster... think that's the safest option for avoiding disappointment.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Cheers, Shenmue HD would be good for me. Own the first one, but somehow never got around to playing it.

Would love Crash 1-3 to get a remake/remaster... think that's the safest option for avoiding disappointment.
The only classic Crash game that outright needs a remaster is Crash Team Racing, man. Imagine a remaster with online play.

Would prefer Crash 1-3's arc to be remade into a reimagined single game with PS4 graphics if they're going to revisit something and not do something totally new.

The only classic Crash game that outright needs a remaster is Crash Team Racing, man. Imagine a remaster with online play.

This would move tons of copies.

I just saw something about this on tumblr and I'm so pissed

like... I don't follow people who post spoilers and yet this shit still made it onto my dash

w h y

Here's a FUN FACT for you all.

With the revelation that the Crash content in Uncharted 4 is remade from the ground up**, DURING ACTIVISION'S OWNERSHIP OF CRASH, from 2009 to 2016, NAUGHTY DOG has released more original Crash content on consoles than Activision has.

**The Uncharted Crash game uses only some scenery and maybe Crash's base model (although his face and animations have definitely been altered if they used the original model) and presumably the level layout -- which would make sense, since as we've seen, the Crash game has to communicate with the Uncharted gameplay to react and such. Crash 1 was made in Andy Gavin's GOOL language, which I doubt interacts with what they use for Uncharted, especially if it's C or C++, Gavin notoriously despised C languages.

_Ryo_

Maybe this is off topic but why wouldnt the PSX be able to play Crash Bandicoot?

I have one of the original PS1s, it still works. Has a serial and Parallel I/O port.

Plays games fine, Resident Evil Directors cut, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

Is Crash Bandicoot a special case?

Mepsi

I like how he's playing the game using the analog stick, if only the real game worked like this, would make it much better going back to it these days =[

SNURB

Here's a FUN FACT for you all.

With the revelation that the Crash content in Uncharted 4 is remade from the ground up**, DURING ACTIVISION'S OWNERSHIP OF CRASH, from 2009 to 2016, NAUGHTY DOG has released more original Crash content on consoles than Activision has.

**The Uncharted Crash game uses only some scenery and maybe Crash's base model (although his face and animations have definitely been altered if they used the original model) and presumably the level layout -- which would make sense, since as we've seen, the Crash game has to communicate with the Uncharted gameplay to react and such. Crash 1 was made in Andy Gavin's GOOL language, which I doubt interacts with what they use for Uncharted, especially if it's C or C++, Gavin notoriously despised C languages.
That's kinda sad when you look at it :V

Can't believe I live in the day of age that Naughty Dog MIGHT bring back Crash.

I like how he's playing the game using the analog stick, if only the real game worked like this, would make it much better going back to it these days =[

really they should have him playing Crash Team Racing for accuracy
and because it's Naughty Dog's best game

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
really they should have him playing Crash Team Racing for accuracy
and because it's Naughty Dog's best game
No lies detected.

Crash Team Racing is without a doubt Naughty Dog's best executed gameplay. Those mechanics, that game feel. So tight. The only thing that could make me mark out harder than a Crash Bandicoot reveal at E3 is a new Crash Team Racing reveal.

No lies detected.

Crash Team Racing is without a doubt Naughty Dog's best executed gameplay. Those mechanics, that game feel. So tight. The only thing that could make me mark out harder than a Crash Bandicoot reveal at E3 is a new Crash Team Racing reveal.

THERE IS MORE EMOTION BEHIND A SEWER SPEEDWAY RELIC RUN THAN IN A SINGLE CHAPTER OF THE LAST OF US

*ahem*

Yeah, it's pretty good.

DayEnder

Speaking of insiders...I wonder what Verendus has to say about this. Only one way to get attention from Sony insiders. Lights to the sky GAF, lights to the sky:

2LFqxHA.png

SNURB

Speaking of insiders...I wonder what Verendus has to say about this. Only one way to get attention from Sony insiders. Lights to the sky GAF, lights to the sky:

2LFqxHA.png

Actually, it's BruceLeeRoy who's been teasing Crash since LAST YEAR'S E3.

Verendus has dropped some tidbits on it as well, IIRC.

Plus, and this isn't on GAF, but it's more positive evidence, the reddit guy who leaked the name Dead Don't Ride for Bend's game last year said Crash is coming too.

SNURB

Plus, and this isn't on GAF, but it's more positive evidence, the reddit guy who leaked the name Dead Don't Ride for Bend's game last year said Crash is coming too.

I even forgot about the Reddit guy. The more the merrier I suppose!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Real talk. Twinsanity is a secret great Crash game. Other than CTR it's the Crash game most in need of a remaster. Fix the bugs an improve the controls. Bam. One of the best games in the series right there.

Scotia

Banned

I DIDN'T KNOW THIS!!!!!

wuttt.gif
wuttt.gif
wuttt.gif
wuttt.gif

I mean, on one hand, yes

but on the other, sometimes I just want to clean up a whole level of sparkly gems and listen to a stoner cheetah give me obtuse objectives

Oh, hey Spyro, I found this FUCKING THING THAT YOU NEED TO SAVE THE WORLD, but I don't want to give it to you unless you BEAT ME IN A TANK RACE, OKAY?

ALSO, I changed my mind. Instead of (or along with) Crash Evolution, I would like to see Crash Landed get another shot.

savanna.jpg

Based Dingodile was one of the lead villains.

More Info for those uninformed: http://old.crashmania.net/crash-landed/info/

Oh, hey Spyro, I found this FUCKING THING THAT YOU NEED TO SAVE THE WORLD, but I don't want to give it to you unless you BEAT ME IN A TANK RACE, OKAY?

Heeeyyyyyy Spyro, those were some AWESOME tricks you pulled on that skateboard! anyway here's a dragon egg that I guess I found whatever

Skikkiks

The best part of the Spyro franchise is that in the third game, in the monkey shooty levels you were able to strafe

in Ratchet and Clank 1, you were not able to strafe

how did that happen

Gartooth

OH SHIIIIT! :D

Does anyone know if the credits leaked? I wonder if Activision gets credited for the rights to Crash or not.

Top Bottom