• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

Raist

Banned
Crash has been teased so many times for years, I don't know why people anre't convinced fully yet. I bet Cerny's got a hand in it too.

Sponge

Banned
Crash has been teased so many times for years, I don't know why people anre't convinced fully yet. I bet Cerny's got a hand in it too.

It's only been in the past few years and all this teasing has been by Sony. Something is up.

Scotia

Banned
Someone explain the puppeteer photo pls

jEXObTp.png

I will never forget going to see The Mummy or maybe Mummy Returns and walking into the bathroom finding a couple Crash Bandicoot figures sitting on the counter.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
People aren't allowed to be fans of something, and have a toy on their desk, without that secretly confirming that they're making the game that toy is from.
I'm glad your thought process is in line with the rest of us. Let the hype train override all logic. This is the way it must be.

SNURB

That's still saying something considering the final game had about two thirds of its content axed. Besides that and Tag-Team Racing (which I believe was the same developers?), everything else Crash related since it left Naughty Dog has been absolutely miserable.

Twinsanity isn't remotely perfect but I really dug it for what it was. If Naughty Dog or another Sony developer is definitely getting it back, I hope while sticking more to the originals they still integrate some of the post-ND stuff.

Unlike Crash I feel like the original Spyro games have aged terribly and whereas I wished ND still had Crash during the PS2 era since I wasn't big on Jak & Daxter (especially after the sequel), Ratchet & Clank made me glad Insomniac were able to move onto something far more fresh.

Not much to share but I thought this was cool :).

ChWNKiCW4AAfEj_.jpg

I made this back in February when that Pacha meme got popular :V

FelipeMGM

Im wondering when we will hear an official statement from ND or Sony about this easter egg. How this came to be, what this means for the future and stuff like this.

i don't get it, wasn't the original Crash a pretty forgettable platformer? thats how i remember it, played it once and shelved it. it looked nice for a PS1 game but thats about it.. why exactly are people so excited for a potential new game this many years after?

imo it came off as Sony desperately trying to create a mascot like Sonic and Mario, and just not quite getting there.

YES im no fun at parties, i dont even go to them so ha.

I'll believe it when it's right in front of me. Seen nothing that couldn't be just fun references, nods, callbacks and acknowledgements rather than There Is Definitely a Massive New Game Happening. Not even this. This could be just 'we made Crash, remember?'

Would love to be wrong though. See avatar

FelipeMGM

i don't get it, wasn't the original Crash a pretty forgettable platformer? thats how i remember it, played it once and shelved it. it looked nice for a PS1 game but thats about it.. why exactly are people so excited for a potential new game this many years after?

imo it came off as Sony desperately trying to create a mascot like Sonic and Mario, and just not quite getting there.

Bad quality bait post, move on to the next thread please

Scotia

Banned

Opinions. Fuck 'em, right?

People like different things.

Raist

Banned
I'll believe it when it's right in front of me. Seen nothing that couldn't be just fun references, nods, callbacks and acknowledgements rather than There Is Definitely a Massive New Game Happening. Not even this. This could be just 'we made Crash, remember?'

Would love to be wrong though. See avatar

It's a bit much at this point. And they keep going despite knowing full well that people are getting worked up.

It's Crash's 20th anniversary. It's gonna happen.

SNURB

Oh yes, a video game franchise that has been able to reach 40 million copies worldwide and DOMINATING the PSN charts is considered "just not quite getter there.", right?

Screw logic, right?

FelipeMGM

Oh yes, a video game franchise that has been able to reach 40 million copies worldwide and DOMINATING the PSN charts is considered "just not quite getter there.", right?

Screw logic, right?

Right?

Crash Bandicoot sold over 6.8 Millions and has 80% on Gamerankings
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back sold over 5.2 Million and has 88% on Gamerankigs
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped sold over 7.1 Million and has 91 on Metacritic
Plus them still dominating the PSN classics charts like you said

How the fuck someone can call this original trilogy ''forgettable'' goes beyond my imagination.

SNURB

Right?

Crash Bandicoot sold over 6.8 Milliona and has 80% on Gamerankings
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back sold over 5.2 Million and has 88% on Gamerankigs
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped sold over 7.1 Million and has 91 on Metacritic
Plus them still dominating the PSN classics chartes like you said

How the fuck someone can call this original trilogy ''forgettable'' goes beyond my imagination.

Because people are obnoxious and want to find any reason to shit on someone for being excited about something. Been noticing that ALOT when any thread has the word "Crash" in it.

Ash735

Hmmm...

R9GLcFD.png

So at least as of Three Months Ago, Activision are no longer responding to any business enquiries relating to Crash Bandicoot?

Hmmm...

R9GLcFD.png

So at least as of Three Months Ago, Activision are no longer responding to any business enquiries relating to Crash Bandicoot?

Well, Robomodo already said publicly they couldn't put Crash in Pro Skater 5 for rights purposes so we've known something's been up for a long, long time.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Hmmm...

R9GLcFD.png

Oh my goodness!

By the way the oh my goodness sound is possibly the most underappreciated taking damage sound in all of video games.

There are video game soundtrack labels?

And could this not be more because Activision don't want the royalties to go to the composer rather than them not being able to?

They clearly owned the IP still at the time, so no chance of Sony owning it.

Hmmm...

R9GLcFD.png

I would guess if its to do with the music for the PS1 games that it wouldnt be as simple as asking Activision for permission.

Not sure how music licences worked then but Sony technically owns those games. Maybe Sony owns the music as well.

I dont think any of the classic themes carried over into the post Sony games so that would explain why.

Plus I am sure Activison would just laugh at some random indie company emailing them asking to sell their OST's anyway.

Ash735

I would guess if its to do with the music for the PS1 games that it wouldnt be as simple as asking Activision for permission.

Not sure how music licences worked then but Sony technically owns those games. Maybe Sony owns the music as well.

I dont think any of the classic themes carried over into the post Sony games so that would explain why.

Plus I am sure Activison would just laugh at some random indie company emailing them asking to sell their OST's anyway.
The composer confirmed in another comment a while back that his music was sold along with the games rights, so whoever owns Crash, owns his music too and if he ever wants to release his music, it's a royalty nightmare.

His music HAS been used in post Naughty Dog games, Wrath of Cortex used his main themes but remixed and a lot of his music for Crash 2 and 3 was remixed/converted for the GBA Crash Bandicoot Adventure games.

Eolz

Hmmm...

R9GLcFD.png

It's not "no longer", Activision always barely replied to this kind of enquiries, even more when it's one of their dead IPs.

SNURB

This combined with the guy who leaked Dead Don't Ride said it was happening as well several vetted insiders saying it's happening leaves me to believe its fucking happening.

Yeah and he also mentioned the FF7 Remake and The Last Guardian and everyone shit on him. And look where we are now :V

Scotia

Banned
Yeah and he also mentioned the FF7 Remake and The Last Guardian and everyone shit on him. And look where we are now :V

It makes me laugh when we have years worth of hints and people still refuse to even humour the idea of a new Crash game being announced.

Cheeky bastards, this better end up as something haha. Fun easter egg regardless, I also forgot about KA for a minute and thought it said M.

(A): Not sure how music licences worked then but Sony technically owns those games. Maybe Sony owns the music as well.

(B): I dont think any of the classic themes carried over into the post Sony games so that would explain why.

(A): No they don't. They own a publishing license. They have no ownership of the actual content, and Josh Mancell has gone on record multiple times stating that he has asked Sony and they said to ask (at the time) Vivendi/Sierra.

(B): Yes they did. Crash 3's theme persisted until 2004, was a hidden track on both Radical Crash mutant games on the Wii/360/PS2, and was only replaced by another theme in certain games after that.

Hard to care for a new crash when the last few games were trash... Going back to Sony don't mean nothing just that it will be on 1 platform.

Now if naughty dog were doing it I might get hyped.

Hard to care for a new crash when the last few games were trash... Going back to Sony don't mean nothing just that it will be on 1 platform.

~Opinions!~

I liked some of the post Naughty Dog games. For the record, you can't have Crash go "Back" to Sony. They never had anything other than the publishing contract and gave some support. They didn't 'own' it. If they bought it, they'd be owning it for the first time.

but why? i don't get this argument
most of the team from the OG Crash Games aren't at ND anymore (if not all of them)
No Andy Gavin & no Jason Rubin

i'd rather see a studio work on it, that was developing these type of games over the past years.
Sanzaru - Insomniac. But Naughty Dog?? Nah

~Opinions!~

I liked some of the post Naughty Dog games. For the record, you can't have Crash go "Back" to Sony. They never had anything other than the publishing contract and gave some support. They didn't 'own' it. If they bought it, they'd be owning it for the first time.

but why? i don't get this argument
most of the team from the OG Crash Games aren't at ND anymore (if not all of them)
No Andy Gavin & no Jason Rubin

i'd rather see a studio work on it, that was developing these type of games over the past years.
Sanzaru - Insomniac. But Naughty Dog?? Nah

I would be hyped with a remake of the first three games like the ratchet remake

Or another crash racing game

Top Bottom