• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

Seeing Activision in the credits would just mean this was an exceptional cameo but clearly they're not even mentioned. It's just more evidence of Sony owning the rights to working with the franchise, or perhaps more.

I guess we'll be finding out soon.

I'm home and recording a video of the credits now. Should be up soon. I'll also record the credits after I finish the game, in the scenario that there's any differences.

SNURB

aadcd968fbae17016d14456cdad396dabc7fa92909fbd87033640b226a20a760.jpg

I'm glad this stuff only recently started to pile on. With E3 just a bit over a month away, it makes the wait more tolerable.

Welcome home, Crash. Welcome home.

Scotia

Banned
Just finished the video and looked very closely and they are nowhere to be found. I will be on the edge of my seat this E3.

Me and my friends are recording our reactions to Sony's conference for our podcast and we're all huge Crash fans. There will be screams if there is a reveal.

oggob

I can see the E3 reveal being the scene from U4 where Nate plays Crash 1. He suddenly stops playing, saying this old game is terrible/outdated and pulls out a PS4 copy of the new Crash game. He puts in and we see a gameplay trailer for the game.

Someone from Sony and Naughty Dog have to be following this thread, if something is in the pipeline for Crash and in the timeframe left to whenever the planned reveal is, if the above is possible then make it so...

Given that Uncharted will be the biggest seller this year for them, Nathan Drake revealing a new Crash game could be a easy marketing boom!

Here are my expectations.

Sony does have Crash back.

It's announced at E3.

But it's not Naughty Dog developing it; it'll most likely be RAD or Sanzaru Games, since we haven't heard a peep out of them since their respective games wrapped. Although crazier things have happened, my best case scenario is a small team collaboration from Naughty Dog with another dev, since the majority of ND will be on TLoU2 Pre-production and the UC4 DLC.

Here are my expectations.

Sony does have Crash back.

It's announced at E3.

But it's not Naughty Dog developing it; it'll most likely be RAD or Sanzaru Games, since we haven't heard a peep out of them since their respective games wrapped. Although crazier things have happened, my best case scenario is a small team collaboration from Naughty Dog with another dev, since the majority of ND will be on TLoU2 Pre-production and the UC4 DLC.

Sanzaru's working on Sonic Boom Fire & Ice, FWIW.

If he doesn't look like this...

To be fair, that Crash kind of looks like a fucking nightmare. He'll definitely be getting altered a little, but at least I doubt he'll have a tattoo or chest fur or whatever.

It's the other characters I hope they maintain the look of. Including Cortex's "is it a big hat or does he have a huge head" situation. And ESPECIALLY N.Gin.

No Brendan O'Brien credit for the Crash title screen yelp. How dare they :p

You would think they would at least put that much in.

Wouldnt be the first time ND put someones work in their game and didnt give credit.

Maybe they didnt put anything Crash related in the credits for whatever reason. At least we will find out whats up next week... probably

Son Of D

To be fair, that Crash kind of looks like a fucking nightmare. He'll definitely be getting altered a little, but at least I doubt he'll have a tattoo or chest fur or whatever.

It's the other characters I hope they maintain the look of. Including Cortex's "is it a big hat or does he have a huge head" situation. And ESPECIALLY N.Gin.

I'm curious as to whether they'll go with the classic Aku Aku and Uka Uka designs or use something different.

All that picture does for me is show me how really not that different the two designs were to begin with. Not to mention Crash doesn't really look anything like that one on the far left in any of the games anyways.

crash's design doesn't matter, all you're gonna see is his ass anyway

anything is better than post twinsanity crash anyway; awful crash designs

Would they even have to credit Activision? Sony was the publisher of the original Crash Bandicoot which is what they show.

And even if it wasn't, Activision didn't actually contribute anything other than (presumably) saying it's cool. Surely they have to actually do something to be accredited.

Sanzaru's working on Sonic Boom Fire & Ice, FWIW.

Also worth noting that game was originally slated for a Fall 2015 release, but it was delayed to this year so Sanzaru could give it needed polish it (at least that's what Sega's PR says). Sanzaru also just released that Tron run/r endless runner digital game a few months ago too.

The first Crash appearing in UC4 would be one thing by itself, but the posted Stanley's AV Club interview, said first Crash game being noticeably modified/recreated from the original release, and no Activision licensing copyright appearing in UC4's credits (let alone any mention of Activision in the game at all)?...

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Would they even have to credit Activision? Sony was the publisher of the original Crash Bandicoot which is what they show.

And even if it wasn't, Activision didn't actually contribute anything other than (presumably) saying it's cool. Surely they have to actually do something to be accredited.

According to that credits screen, Drake uses a freaking Zippo lighter and they have to credit Zippo for that. If Activision owned Crash still, there's literally no way the words "Crash Bandicoot" would leave Nate's lips.

First off, the thing you play in Uncharted 4, based on video evidence, is a complete remake. That immediately disqualifies it as "Crash 1". Whether it uses the same scenery models or not, it's completely remade from the ground up.

Secondly, Sony has a publishing contract for Crash 1,2,3,TR, and Bash. They publish those games. They do not own rights to them. That is why even though they hold that contract, and Naughty Dog developed the first four and created all the art, they needed to list Activision as the owner of Crash in Naughty Dog's art-book.

And third, It's Activision's PROPERTY. Whether they say it's cool or not, Sony would be required to list Activision's ownership of it in the credits.

Scotia

Banned
First off, the thing you play in Uncharted 4, based on video evidence, is a complete remake. That immediately disqualifies it as "Crash 1". Whether it uses the same scenery models or not, it's completely remade from the ground up.

Secondly, Sony has a publishing contract for Crash 1,2,3,TR, and Bash. They publish those games. They do not own rights to them. That is why even though they hold that contract, and Naughty Dog developed the first four and created all the art, they needed to list Activision as the owner of Crash in Naughty Dog's art-book.

And third, It's Activision's PROPERTY. Whether they say it's cool or not, Sony would be required to list Activision's ownership of it in the credits.

Thank you wrestleman. We'd be lost without you haha

Top Bottom