• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

Scotia

Banned
Can someone post what the easter egg was?

I think the images/vidoes have been deleted, but there are two.

The first isn't really an easter egg as you can't miss it. Basically, Nate plays a remade version of the first level of the first Crash game.

The second can be missed (I think) and is that the first Crash PS1 game box can be found at the end of the game.

SDCowboy

It was a picture of the original crash PS1 game in uncharted 4.

I think the images/vidoes have been deleted, but there are two.

The first isn't really an easter egg as you can't miss it. Basically, Nate plays a remade version of the first level of the first Crash game.

The second can be missed (I think) and is that the first Crash PS1 game box can be found at the end of the game.

Oh my. Do I need to be hyped?

I-hate-u

Um, excuse me, he's a fox.

western-barred-bandicoot-low-res-copyright-awc.jpg

He's a rat. A funky looking rat, but still a rat.

Mr-Joker

Banned
The fact that the credit doesn't list Activison as the copyright holder for the Crash Bandicoot IP is really interesting as this strongly suggest that Sony has brought the IP back...or they just forgot put Activsion in the credits.

Though if Sony did buy the IP back, I wonder how much they paid for it.

Scotia

Banned
The fact that the credit doesn't list Activison as the copyright holder for the Crash Bandicoot IP is really interesting as this strongly suggest that Sony has brought the IP back...or they just forgot put Activsion in the credits.

This isn't something you just forget about lol

Sponge

Banned
Nah, the shitstorm wouldn't be worth it. People would be complaining about being spoiled rather than talking about Crash. I feel your pain, I really do, but it'd be better just to wait a few more days.

Exactly. Besides, we have this thread to freak out in for now.

Vena

Rights transactions between still-living companies tend to be very expensive and very rare, companies prefer to keep rights ownership and do licensing deals, its better for their pocket in the long run. You'd need some major capital investments to usually pull a property from another company, unless there's other deals going on or you're really offering up some heavy perks for what the owner considers an otherwise dead property.

For the former reason, such things tend to be hard to hide. And for publicly traded companies, I am not sure if you are allowed to keep quiet about major property trades and/or cash flows.

Scotia

Banned
I feel it's the fans duty to keep it a surprise because this is the best possible way they could have done this and it's a real treat when you've no clue what's about to happen. I hope everyone has the experience I had.

Yep, this absolutely is the right attitude. I check Gaming side every now and then and pray no one's made a thread about this. Tuesday will be amazing to see when everyone gets to the Crash part.

shield

Spoilers bro. A lot of people on GAF would burn this place down if they found out before they played it themselves. Wait till the floodgates open on Tuesday. It's going to be mad.

Oh man, I can't wait. This truly feels like the calm before the storm

FelipeMGM

First off, the thing you play in Uncharted 4, based on video evidence, is a complete remake. That immediately disqualifies it as "Crash 1". Whether it uses the same scenery models or not, it's completely remade from the ground up.

Secondly, Sony has a publishing contract for Crash 1,2,3,TR, and Bash. They publish those games. They do not own rights to them. That is why even though they hold that contract, and Naughty Dog developed the first four and created all the art, they needed to list Activision as the owner of Crash in Naughty Dog's art-book.

And third, It's Activision's PROPERTY. Whether they say it's cool or not, Sony would be required to list Activision's ownership of it in the credits.

Yeah, one big to me is also that Drake says ''Crash Bandicoot'', and the logo of the game appears on scressn, he could never say that without some kind of agreement or copyright mention in the credits

Scotia

Banned
Oh man, I can't wait. This truly feels like the calm before the storm

I'm staying the Uncharted 4 OT all day to see the reactions. There's probably going to be a thread or two about I imagine. If there is then I'll see you guys there.

I think the thing that gets me the most excited for Sony having some sort of Crash game cooking beyond anything else:

This isn't an Easter egg. You cannot miss this. It's required play to progress the game.

Everyone who plays UC4 will play Crash Bandicoot.

Scotia

Banned
I think the thing that gets me the most excited for Sony having some sort of Crash game cooking beyond anything else:

This isn't an Easter egg. You cannot miss this. It's required play to progress the game.

It's genius. It makes me think this is their coy way of announcing they have the rights and then a full reveal at E3.

Did you find the second reference easily enough? The game case?

It's genius. It makes me think this is their coy way of announcing they have the rights and then a full reveal at E3.

Did you find the second reference easily enough? The game case?

Not done the game yet. When I finish, I'll also check to see if the credits are different.

SDCowboy

And that's the thing. Almost none of the Crash references over the last couple years have been subtle. They've almost all been pretty in-your-face.

SDCowboy

Keep up brehs, even in this very thread:

I showed my friend, and it finally pushed him over the edge to play the collection to finally buy UC4.

hype is real

To each their own. As amazing as this is, and as hyped as I am for what it could mean, I would think Youtube would suffice. If you weren't going to get it anyway, that is.

Top Bottom