• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last of Us Remastered October Release Date Leaked by Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

No, it's a glitch on the mobile site.

Full site, no date, date is for DriveClub:

The banner ad is packed with class:

"Fully realised for the World's most powerful console"

Good to know the version I bought and finished last year was only partially realised.

It's also fun to see that remasters are now marketed as a new , and exclusive, game:

"Playstation 4 Exclusive"

Eh? I'm pretty sure I already played this on a PS3.

Good to know the version I bought and finished last year was only partially realised.

It's also fun to see that remasters are now marketed as a new , and exclusive, game:

They are using some Microsoft style spin here, as technically the remastered version is PS4 exclusive

You'd be surprised how many people would be confused and think this is coming to PS3 as well, talking about the average consumer not people on GAF. So I don't have a problem with them saying the Remaster is exclusive or only on PS4, because otherwise people may think that it is coming to PS3. And no, showing only a PS4 case is not enough.

OP should be updated before people keeps jumping into ocnclusions.
This makes more sense. Too bad doo many people ignore your post

Is that guy's word gospel, like does he work for Eurogamer or something?

It looked like some random person just guessing.

I could see it being a glitch if it was some text they put up, but it's clearly part of a pre-made image, with Ellie in the background behind the date and everything.

bombshell

I could see it being a glitch if it was some text they put up, but it's clearly part of a pre-made image, with Ellie in the background behind the date and everything.

No, of course my word is not gospel, but some common sense should be applied too. Sony releasing DriveClub and TLoU: Remastered on the same day is never, ever happening.

The ad on the mobile site is messed up, simple as that.

No, of course my word is not gospel, but some common sense should be applied too. Sony releasing DriveClub and TLoU: Remastered on the same day is never, ever happening.

The ad on the mobile site is messed up, simple as that.
Are you 100% sure it is?

You seem quite sure of yourself.

That'd be disappointing

Awful release date, by then I'll actually have games to play so I'll probably wait til like black Friday to pick up this remaster

The summer is perfect for a release

TheHater

Less gospel and more common sense.
Do you really think Sony is gonna release Driveclub and TLoU on the same day? That setting both game up for failure.

arhra

Clearly they're trying to subliminally influence the metacritic score by releasing it on 10/10.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
sony needs something big this holiday that isn't also available on xbone. don't worry theres plenty of old indie pc ports to make up for lack of big releases.

unless sony has successfully kept a bunch of major E3 games secret I have a feeling were going to see a fair bit of posts like this after e3.
Ah the E3 meltdowns are already starting I see. Bwahaha

arhra

Dualshockers are wrong yet again. Nothing to see here, really.

Dualshockers are reporting that an ad is running on Eurogamer that lists a 10th October date for TLOU Remastered. That ad does in fact exist and is running on Eurogamer, as verified multiple times in the thread.

Seems like perfectly accurate reporting to me. If the ad isn't accurate, that's on Sony or their advertising agency.

Dualshockers are reporting that an ad is running on Eurogamer that lists a 10th October date for TLOU Remastered. That ad does in fact exist and is running on Eurogamer, as verified multiple times in the thread.

Seems like perfectly accurate reporting to me. If the ad isn't accurate, that's on Sony or their advertising agency.
You missed the part where they failed to realize that it is the same date as DriveClub. Also it was explained earlier in the thread that it was issue with the layout of the ad.

Check this post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115395121&postcount=215

Common sense would dictate that this date doesn't fit the Summer 2014 window, and I doubt if they even bothered to see the actual ad.

FTF

Ugh, this would be another letdown. I'm becoming more and more dejected about E3, I'm just finding it hard to believe Sony would have this whole watch in a theater setup and only have Uncharted (hopefully!) and project Beast as their only big reveals :/

Ugh, this would be another letdown. I'm becoming more and more dejected about E3, I'm just finding it hard to believe Sony would have this whole watch in a theater setup and only have Uncharted (hopefully!) and project Beast as their only big reveals :/

I think they will have more to at least announce. With that said, I think people are slightly underplaying how huge of an exclusive Project Beast is, because it was spoiled ahead of time. Unfortunately there isn't much Sony can do about that.

But IF they announce UC4 and Project Beast and both have a 2015 release(which is doubtful for UC4 IMO) and add that with The Order which already has a 2015 release, then their 2015 is already bigger in terms of exclusives that 2014 was. So really, how would that be disappointing? I would rather have 3 huge exclusives every year spread out for the life of the console rather than 5 in one year followed by 1 the next.

Ted

You'd be surprised how many people would be confused and think this is coming to PS3 as well, talking about the average consumer not people on GAF. So I don't have a problem with them saying the Remaster is exclusive or only on PS4, because otherwise people may think that it is coming to PS3. And no, showing only a PS4 case is not enough.

I probably do overestimate the critical thinking abilities of Joe Punter. I guess putting "now on PS4 with enhanced graphics and performance" just doesn't have the same impact as "exclusive".

Also, it's worth noting that generally speaking I wouldn't piss on a marketeer if they were on fire so I'm negatively biased and pretty much hyper critical of all the bull-shit ad-man double-speak.

Marketing speak is rarely straight forward or honest, in fact I heard that when the head of marketing for [INSERT GAME COMPANY OF CHOICE] died, God met them at the Pearly Gates.

"Ohaithar, since you're a marketing manager and have spent your life honestly showing people the options they have when they are making purchases I think I'll give you the same respect, I'll let you choose between Heaven and Hell, how does that sound?" says God to the marketing manager.

"Great, can I see them both?" says the marketing manager in reply.

"Sure" says God, winking confidently at his new friend.

God first takes the marketing manager down to Hell. Gazing at the beautiful, nubile bikini models, perfect weather, free drinks, and eternal happiness the marketing man comments "that doesn't seem so bad but I really should see both, can we go to see heaven?"

"Of course" God says snapping his fingers and transporting the marketing manager to heaven.

Looking around the marketing man see nothing but a bunch of crusty old angels flying around and sitting quietly on clouds so he says to God "I've made my decision, I choose hell".

"OK" says God and sends him to hell.

Six months later, God wanders down to Hell to check on his marketing manager friend and finds him hanging above a pit of fire belching sulfurous smoke with wild harpies tearing out his intestines as he screams and bellows in hellish agony.

Noticing God watching him the marketing manager yells "What happened to all the bikini models, the sun and the fun you deceitful bastard?"

"Oh, that." says God. "That was the beta version."

I probably do overestimate the critical thinking abilities of Joe Punter. I guess putting "now on PS4 with enhanced graphics and performance" just doesn't have the same impact as "exclusive".

Also, it's worth noting that generally speaking I wouldn't piss on a marketeer if they were on fire so I'm negatively biased and pretty much hyper critical of all the bull-shit ad-man double-speak.

Marketing speak is rarely straight forward or honest, in fact I heard that when the head of marketing for [INSERT GAME COMPANY OF CHOICE] died, God met them at the Pearly Gates.

"Ohaithar, since you're a marketing manager and have spent your life honestly showing people the options they have when they are making purchases I think I'll give you the same respect, I'll let you choose between Heaven and Hell, how does that sound?" says God to the marketing manager.

"Great, can I see them both?" says the marketing manager in reply.

"Sure" says God, winking confidently at his new friend.

God first takes the marketing manager down to Hell. Gazing at the beautiful, nubile bikini models, perfect weather, free drinks, and eternal happiness the marketing man comments "that doesn't seem so bad but I really should see both, can we go to see heaven?"

"Of course" God says snapping his fingers and transporting the marketing manager to heaven.

Looking around the marketing man see nothing but a bunch of crusty old angels flying around and sitting quietly on clouds so he says to God "I've made my decision, I choose hell".

"OK" says God and sends him to hell.

Six months later, God wanders down to Hell to check on his marketing manager friend and finds him hanging above a pit of fire belching sulfurous smoke with wild harpies tearing out his intestines as he screams and bellows in hellish agony.

Noticing God watching him the marketing manager yells "What happened to all the bikini models, the sun and the fun you deceitful bastard?"

"Oh, that." says God. "That was the beta version."

615.gif

Protome

Nope. Saw that.

What I don't see is how a date from one ad ends up seamlessly integrated into a separate, mobile-only animated gif ad, except by human error (so like I said, that's on Sony or their ad agency).
This. Unless Eurogamer for some bizarre reason auto-generates gifs from its full scale ads this is a human error.

bastian

Banned
If its October they don't know how to code for shit. Shouldn't take that long to tweak some graphics for a game that only just came out. One can assume they started working on the PS4 version either just before it was released on PS3 or right after.

MJLord

If its October they don't know how to code for shit. Shouldn't take that long to tweak some graphics for a game that only just came out. One can assume they started working on the PS4 version either just before it was released on PS3 or right after.

They should have set you on the case. We'd have had it out by now, I tell ya hwhat.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
First of all that's just a few days after DriveClub. Secondly didn't it leak that it was getting released next week by an ad?

Jeels

If their next retail release isnt until October, I am not going to be a happy camper. No planning at wws?

Protome

Can't wait for Dualshockers getting banned.
For reporting on rumours?
While its most likely a mistake on Eurogamers side (I'd guess they manually make the mobile versions of stuff and whoever was doing this one messed up) but there is still always the chance until we have confirmation.

E3 rumors have people get convinced a game will get released in a certain timeframe, get upset when the rumor wasn't true in the first place.

omonimo

Banned
October? Ouch. Damn it. I don't know if I will be interested at the time. Summer sound the perfect time to replay a classic to me, but in autumn I hope to shift my interested in something of new for my ps4.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Not that I belive this, but Drive Club and Last of US.coming so.close is.fine. two very different.genres with very little cross.over. I dont see a problem with it if it happened. Weve seen companies, including Sony release their stuff very close.to each other. Hell, we had.Mario.Golf and Kirby drop the exact same day this year.

It could happen and would make if it did. TLoU is Sonys biggest game left this year. Launching in the Fall makes sense.Driveclub or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom