• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors about the Wii (from 2ch)

Bildi

None of these sound that unreasonable to me - probably because none of the them are exciting to me. I couldn't care less about Kingdom Hearts but I suppose it might be good for the Wii as the series is pretty popular. Can't see it realistically bothering Sony one bit.

I'm obviously in a non-caring mood today...

I almost believe the Kingdom Hearts thing because Square Enix has been supporting Nintendo so much lately and the tide is moving out of Sony's favor in general, but I don't believe they have legit sources for any of this.

Therefore, I call bullshit.

Krowley

VicAlpha said:
If god really listen to our prayers, yeah

why?

Is capcom better than EAD? In what universe?

edit// and i think all these rumours are all quite probable.. That's why I don't buy it. It's too easy for it all to just be good guesswork.. They might even get a few right, but it smells like throwing darts.

Kingdom Hearts III for the DS + Wii I think could see.

And by Kingdom Hearts III on the DS, I mean a 3D one, just like DQIX, not a spin-off/side story.

Though I'd rather Square-Enix keep that and do a Nintendo Hearts collaboration any day of the week. *shrugs* I never thought of Kingdom Hearts as being that central to the Playstation brand anyway. If the DS can get DQIX, it can certainly get KHIII. Then there could be a console version for the Wii.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
PhoenixDark said:
KH on Nintendo consoles seems like the most financially sound thing for SE/Disney to do. The Wii is going to attract a lot of casual gamers and smaller kids, and the ability to swing the key sword with the Wii controller while playing Donald Duck should entise millions.

I was thinking this as well. Given how Wii has been selling lately, and how it's target audience fits KH so much better, it makes sense. What kind of kid is going to buy a $600 console? When is PS3 going to be cheap enough that KH audience will be common in the userbase?

Also, on the Wii, lets face it, Square-Enix could get Kingdom Hearts III up and running a lot quicker by building off the already solid KHII engine.

They could have it done it for late 2007/2008 rather than say 2010 on the PS3 when the thing will actually be affordable to kids.

If the Wii sells well enough in Japan through the first half of this year, I hope S-E also considers a Wii version of Dragon Quest IX sometime after the DS version.

Each numbered FF now seems to get various different iterations, 2 for DQIX wouldn't be bad (1 portable, 1 home console).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
soundwave05 said:
If the Wii sells well enough in Japan through the first half of this year, I hope S-E also considers a Wii version of Dragon Quest IX sometime after the DS version.

Each numbered FF now seems to get various different iterations, 2 for DQIX wouldn't be bad (1 portable, 1 home console).
They won't remake DQIX so soon and they never will milk the main installments of DQ with a bunch of crappy numbered spin-offs like FF (which hopefully stop being crappy with FFvXIII and FFXII:RW).

Ikael

A mushroom kingdom hearts would sell gangbusters. I really don't see what is so mindboogling about it besides "but it is a Playstation series".

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Someone who reads Japanese want to check out 2chan see how much they are laughing at us for even discussing this?

CaVaYeRo said:
Camelot RPG
Devil Summoner**
Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers
Fire Emblem
FROM Software’s Action RPG
Koei’s New RPG
Konami RPG
Legend of the River King
Mana RPG**
Monolith RPG
Namco RPG
Sword of Legendia
Torus RPG**
Yasumi Matsuno Project****

**Expected, based on reports

****Expected to be an RPG Game

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=3276

Wait, what? Atlus is going to re-release Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner on the Wii?

farnham

Banned
Shiggy said:
I wonder when the rumor "ASH for Wii" will appear.

i believe sakaguchi confirmed a Wii game

Famitsu Interview with Sakaguchi

Sakaghuchi 「ash」「Lost Odyssey」「Cryon」.. And 3 more titles are beeing developed..

Hammamura What 3 titles?

Sakaguchi yes.. of them are actually beeing shaped up officially the last one is going to start officially soon.. Im going west you know...

Hammamura West..? oh you mean west.... laughs... all 3 titles?

Sakaguchi Cant tell

Hammamura Is it touching or waggling the remote

Sakaguchi I dont know

Hammamura Well then ill just play Blue Dragon till then

farnham

Banned
king zell said:
there is also a rumor about a biohazard game for the DS :

http://game11.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1168011510/l50

BiohazardDS_JPBOXboxart_160h.jpg

Yoboman

KH seems hand-in-hand with FF so far. It could happen but I have my doubts. PS3 has FFXIII, and if we've noticed any trend with Square Enix is that when it comes to multi-platform development they don't like to strewn their userbase over too many systems. PS1, PS2 got the lions-share and so has DS. I'm sure wherever the big franchises are going, they'd like to strengthen the userbase with more games

But KH on Wii would make a lot of sense as well. Maybe a multi-tiered game. Square loves them so much after all

ethelred

farnham said:
i believe sakaguchi confirmed a Wii game

Famitsu Interview with Sakaguchi

Sakaghuchi 「ash」「Lost Odyssey」「Cryon」.. And 3 more titles are beeing developed..

Hammamura What 3 titles?

Sakaguchi yes.. of them are actually beeing shaped up officially the last one is going to start officially soon.. Im going west you know...

Hammamura West..? oh you mean west.... laughs... all 3 titles?

Sakaguchi Cant tell

Hammamura Is it touching or waggling the remote

Sakaguchi I dont know

Hammamura Well then ill just play Blue Dragon till then

In what odd manner of reading does that come off to you as "confirmation."

Stage On

Ugh if they have to make a spin off of the Tales games called Sword of why the heck did they have to choose the WORST game in the series to spin out of.

They should have done Sword of Destiny or Sword of the Abyss or something instead, now THAT would be a good way to spin off the franchise.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Depends on who's MAKING the game, IMHO. I just hope it isn't the same team that made Legendia. :/

ethelred

Stage On said:
Ugh if they have to make a spin off of the Tales games called Sword of why the heck did they have to choose the WORST game in the series to spin out of.

They should have done Sword of Destiny or Sword of the Abyss or something instead, now THAT would be a good way to spin off the franchise.

It doesn't really matter that they're spinning off one of the weaker entries in the series.

Tales of Legendia's weakness was in its gameplay (slow, clunky combat system) and dungeon designs (bland, simplistic, and overly linear). Neither of those things would be retained in a spinoff. The actual world and characters (Chloe Valens specifically) are the two things that would be retained, and they were just fine.

Yoboman said:
KH seems hand-in-hand with FF so far. It could happen but I have my doubts. PS3 has FFXIII, and if we've noticed any trend with Square Enix is that when it comes to multi-platform development they don't like to strewn their userbase over too many systems. PS1, PS2 got the lions-share and so has DS. I'm sure wherever the big franchises are going, they'd like to strengthen the userbase with more games

But KH on Wii would make a lot of sense as well. Maybe a multi-tiered game. Square loves them so much after all

You heard it here first.
FFXIII on Wii!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
This thread will be the source of much enjoyment by myself if Kingdom Hearts does indeed get the release nod for Wii. The people quoting the rumour with a "BULLSHIT!" reply made me laugh quite a lot.

I'll be ripping those quotes out and slapping them on the official announcement thread :lol

Fady K

You gotta expect anything these days. The only thing that would really surprise me is if MICROSOFT made a game for the PS3, or vice versa. Or Nintendo making a game for the 360 or PS3. Now that would be surprising.

As for Kingdom Hearts III on the Wii, id personally want it on the PS3, but I dont see what would stop Square from doing that though. The Wii right now is where the moneys at for the "consoles" saleswise. So it wouldnt surprise me one bit. Anything goes after DQIX.

And that, is the beauty of the game industry, anything goes. Sometimes its stuff that can get dancing all day, like what DQIX did to many Nintendo fans (it was a tremendous news story and a major coup) or more recently for me, that Crisis Core was actually not canceled :p

farnham

Banned
Animal Crossing Wii rumor

- Online Gaming
- Undecided if old games will be unlockable
- The weather channel connects with the game.. The weather outside is the weather in the game.
- release in 2007

cvxfreak

Running through the Biohazard rumor with Google Translator makes the Biohazard DS game sound like an Outbreak game. If I interpret the translation correctly, then it seems Capcom is forgoing porting Biohazard 2 and instead going for something more original (it doesn't actually say that, that's my little anecdote for you guys). Odd move if true, and I say there's a slim chance.

empanada

farnham said:

- Online Gaming
- The weather channel connects with the game.. The weather outside is the weather in the game.
- release in 2007
That would be pretty cool unless you live in a city where the weather is the same all year.

Jiggy

Fady K said:
As for Kingdom Hearts III on the Wii, id personally want it on the PS3, but I dont see what would stop Square from doing that though. The Wii right now is where the moneys at for the "consoles" saleswise. So it wouldnt surprise me one bit. Anything goes after DQIX.
That reminds me, I guess such a move would also make sense in the context of what Square said about not wanting to support PS3 too strongly. They've got a load of DS support going, but for Wii there are only spinoffs right now and no "main" S-E series that would compensate to any real degree when weighted against FFXIII. If FF has to stay on PS3 for the power factor and DQ has to go to the system with the greatest userbase, KH might be about all that's left to create any sense of "even" support. (I may be a Star Ocean fan but I'm not going to kid myself into believing it has any kind of comparable sales potential.)

All that said, I'd still rather not see KH on Wii unless they're also going to make Mushroom Kingdom Hearts--but yeah, it's not a particularly hard-to-believe rumor.

Benedict

farnham said:

I think it will more be a case of the Virtual Console games accessible through the game.
No way they are giving away free games when VC seems to be a success.

farnham

Banned
Benedict said:
I think it will more be a case of the Virtual Console games accessible through the game.
No way they are giving away free games when VC seems to be a success.

also possible.. free wii points come bundled with the game... although you have to unlock them/..

farnham

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
That reminds me, I guess such a move would also make sense in the context of what Square said about not wanting to support PS3 too strongly. They've got a load of DS support going, but for Wii there are only spinoffs right now and no "main" S-E series that would compensate to any real degree when weighted against FFXIII. If FF has to stay on PS3 for the power factor and DQ has to go to the system with the greatest userbase, KH might be about all that's left to create any sense of "even" support. (I may be a Star Ocean fan but I'm not going to kid myself into believing it has any kind of comparable sales potential.)

All that said, I'd still rather not see KH on Wii unless they're also going to make Mushroom Kingdom Hearts--but yeah, it's not a particularly hard-to-believe rumor.

well the Wii got 2 2007 titles... the PS3 got 2 2008 titles confirmed

Top Bottom