• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors about the Wii (from 2ch)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
actually where is Super Paper Mario? :(

hopefully it wasnt cancelled or anything like that, looked SO awesome.

farnham

Banned
Amir0x said:
that's why i play them

- graphics
- disney cameos

guilty pleasure total. no other redeeming value

i dunno.. i see KH as a kids franchise... and i think kirby, mario and pikachu would have a greater synergy effect with goofy, donald and mickey then cloud strife and Tidus

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I don't think graphics could help KH sales more in the next generation more than Nintendo franchises would on Wii.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
farnham said:
i dunno.. i see KH as a kids franchise... and i think kirby, mario and pikachu would have a greater synergy effect with goofy, donald and mickey then cloud strife and Tidus

You are wrong in considering it a kids franchise. It sells millions of copies to adults and kids a lot.

Code_Link

AniHawk said:
I just wonder what's going on with all the console stuff now. The PS2 is wrapping up (all they've got left now is Chain of Memories 3D, don't they?), and everyone has one or two games coming to their main console.

God of War II? Or did you mean Japan only?

Amir0x

Banned
Pureauthor said:
You know, I think you like to use the word 'shit' too much for your own good.

It's because I lack TACT and RESPECT.

farnham said:

well then they really basically have to start a new game. "Nintendo Hearts" or something. There's no way you could just abandon Sora and crew at this point, even just for the veiled illusion of continuity.

farnham

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
You are wrong in considering it a kids franchise. It sells millions of copies to adults and kids a lot.

dont you think that mario sells millions too.. and kirby... that one is a stong one too..

oh i forgot... pokemon sells decent numbers too.. and they also sell to adults..

they are marketed towards younger people though:)

Amir0x said:
It's because I lack TACT and RESPECT.

Uh... okay... the 'tact' part I can certainly agree with. I'd need to see how you treat your peers and relatives first before judging the 'respect' part.

Amir0x

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Uh... okay... the 'tact' part I can certainly agree with. I'd need to see how you treat your peers and relatives first before judging the 'respect' part.

i guess you missed the reference but it's ok the thread just happened like yesterday :p

Amir0x said:
well then they really basically have to start a new game. "Nintendo Hearts" or something. There's no way you could just abandon Sora and crew at this point, even just for the veiled illusion of continuity.

Bowser killes them all, then Kevin, the Gamemaster comes and saves the day!

ziran

i like the fire emblem rumour if it means an enhanced version of por plus god on one disc, both with optional support for the wiimote. whatever happens i'm pretty sure fire emblem wii is going to be another awesome intelligent systems game :)

aparisi2274 said:
if they put KH on the Wii, that will be a good day... :) But then they will take the wii version, add some shit, and put it on the PS3 and call it the international house of pancakes deluxe edition.
ports of wii games on ps3..., now that would be amusing! :lol

seriously though, sony desperately needs to get their act together otherwise they're going to have the shit kicked out of them in japan. wii already represents twice the userbase and probably at least half the development cost.

Amir0x

Banned
elostyle said:
Uh... seems like most people don't want more third party wii support after all.

make original games where the purpose from the start is to take full advantage of the wii controls. Full advantage. Not 'adapted', but from concept birth to execution with wiimote in mind. And big support, meaning with big budgets.

That is the most important type of third party support.

Amir0x

Banned
Pureauthor said:
You mean the thread that ended up with a title about how 'my opinion>yours' or something?

si. It actually ended up on the merits of using the word 'shit' vs. using the phrase 'I don't like'

Aeon712 said:
If Square puts Kingdom Hearts on Wii I'm bailing out on them for that.
Bailing out of the entire company? Why? That doesn't make any sense.

Hell, bailing out of just Kingdom Hearts doesn't even make any sense, unless you're planning on never getting a Wii I guess.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Chris Remo said:
Bailing out of the entire company? Why? That doesn't make any sense.

Hell, bailing out of just Kingdom Hearts doesn't even make any sense, unless you're planning on never getting a Wii I guess.
yeah comments like that one you quoted are very amusing

Meier

Kingdom Hearts makes much more sense on the Wii than the PS3. Sony has priced the PS3 out of the range of being suitable for kids, who obviously make up a large part of the Kingdom Hearts demographic.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Amir0x said:
make original games where the purpose from the start is to take full advantage of the wii controls. Full advantage. Not 'adapted', but from concept birth to execution with wiimote in mind. And big support, meaning with big budgets.

I suppose all that could be done in a kingdom hearts game. If they'd make an original game for the wii of the same caliber, they'd have to probably cancel something else to have the resources. Which could be something like KH3 as well.

So be careful what you wish for cause you might just get it!

Error2k4 said:
people play KH for their storylines? I mean the storyline in KH is so hilariously bad I played them for the cool disney fanservice because even the gameplay isnt anything special.

And that was EDGE's Kingdom Hearts 2 review was like :)

Nostalgia value is definetely what appealed to me and im sure 99% of other owners out there.

Haunted

Amir0x said:

brands and sequels are much too important in this industry (;_;) to just rely on new ideas. NSMB, FF and DQIX on the DS (will) sell millions with traditional controls.

Amir0x

Banned
Haunted_One said:
brands and sequels are much too important in this industry (;_;) to just rely on new ideas. NSMB, FF and DQIX on the DS (will) sell millions with traditional controls.

Well, Wii wasn't made to rely on old ideas!

Haunted

Meier said:
Kingdom Hearts makes much more sense on the Wii than the PS3. Sony has priced the PS3 out of the range of being suitable for the mass market, who obviously make up a large part of the Kingdom Hearts demographic.
fixed.

Amir0x said:
Well, Wii wasn't made to rely on old ideas!
oh, definitely. and I'd much prefer it if the companies were thinking like you and me (maybe they are? yay!), but I fear that they'll try to find a way around the new ideas and the innovation we'd like to see, just to find a quick and cheap way to profit.
Ubi, I'm looking at you right now.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Awesome rumours, KH could do with a makeover and a Swords of spin off? SCHWING! :D

Wii will come good, BELIEVE

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i tread the line between fact and hyperbole when i say i would chop off two of my least-used fingers if nintendo themselves would make some sort of franchise crossover rpg.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i'm also pretty sure that once you melt ice cream, thereby making it not iced, it reverts back to just being a custard.

X26

Banned
KH on the Wii is a good idea, as long as it is in no way a continuation of the PS2 games. I don't see the possibility of this in any way meaning the PS3 won't see any KH games

Top Bottom