• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Call of Duty 7: Black Ops? Zombies and Dedicated Servers?

Razor210

K' Dash said:
Good one :lol

you're not serious, right?

There's no debate son, MW2 IS shit.
While it has many flaws, to say it's shit would be an overstatement.

ZZMitch said:
I'm 100% serious.
...the fuck? Mind you, the only two COD games I've played are MW1 and MW2, and MW1 beats the shit out of MW2.

Razor210

nskinnear said:
I'm just hoping for something fresh and new. There are so many wars in our history, and I really want to see them take a chance at something different. If the game does end up in Vietnam, I'll be satisfied with that. Just don't do WWII (it's been beaten to death over and over), or modern warfare (that's also starting to get old), or future (space alien marines for the loss).
for me, it's more whether they're going to try and follow the gameplay aspects of MW2, or try and make something that is more of their own design.

But yeah, I agree with what you said about the settings.

K' Dash

Razor210 said:

...the fuck? Mind you, the only two COD games I've played are MW1 and MW2, and MW1 beats the shit out of MW2.

I didn't want to get controversial, I just aded to my last post, to me, the cons overwight the pros.

ZZMitch

Razor210 said:

Opinions bro!

MW2 had the worst single-player campaign I've ever played in an FPS. How anyone thinks it's superior to COD4 is astounding.

COD1 > COD4 > COD2 > WAW > MW2

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I have a hard time understanding how someone can argue that MW2 changed more from MW than MW -> WaW.
WaW may be a mostly reskinned MW (with the awesome Zombies), but MW2 IS MW with random stuff that makes the game worse (like Akimbo, stupid killstreaks).

Razor210

ZZMitch said:
Millions of other share that opinion...

Personally I think you opinion is 'astounding'
Points and counter-points have been brought up already. I'll leave it at this.

nskinnear said:
I personally hope they abandon the new shit that IW brought into MW2. I don't need killstreaks, death perks, and endless amounts of rewards to enjoy a game. I hope they just keep it simple. There's nothing wrong with using the same formula that made past CoD games enjoyable; just don't overdo it.
You mean not throwing shit into a game just to make it more exciting without thinking of the design drawbacks? I completely agree.

Sanic

IW need to fire their game designers and programmers. The later at the very least is not up for debate.

Odrion

Banned
Grey Matter, a really talented group, is now a significant part of Treyarch. That's why W@W's multiplayer was pretty good. You can tell it's their game because of their trademark flamethrower.

COD3's multiplayer wasn't half bad at the time.

VaLiancY

As a person who liked WAW, I will be buying this game if it ends up being a good game, Activision aside. MW2 left a sour taste in my mouth, it isn't a bad game, it's a good game but coming after CoD4, it's very poor. The map designs are mostly mediocre with a few good ones which was a strong point for CoD4, unbalanced perks, killstreaks. I feel people camp a lot more in this game and it just kills the mood.

And to the MW2 fans complaining about the MP40 - there is a little gun called the UMP.

Smash88

Banned
I said I would never buy a Treyarch game, but just to spite Infinity Ward, and for the same reason I didn't buy MW2, I am now highly considering this game just because it has dedicated servers. I'll wait for info though.

They should just do a seperate zombie survival-game. That shit was awesome.

Best thing about the game IMO. I played the shit out of that mode with my friends. Bought all the expansions, just for that...

Feel the Swift said:
So CoD3? :lol

Big Red One doesn't exist
Aren't there like 2 or 3 others besides COD3, I remember playing two on the original Xbox but it's been so long ago I don't remember what they were called or what they were like.

Odrion said:
Everyone who hates MW2, did all you only play either a deathmatch variation or ground war?
I don't like it, and I've played every game mode quite a bit. It's just such a step down from COD4. I mean I don't think it's a bad game, but I just don't enjoy it, and that is frustrating since I loved COD4.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
EmCeeGramr said:
MW2 had the worst single-player campaign I've ever played in an FPS. How anyone thinks it's superior to COD4 is astounding.

COD1 > COD4 > COD2 > WAW > MW2
Ignoring the story, why do you think so? I thought MW2 was much better than MW1. The infinite respawning garbage made me so angry.

kuYuri

Man, these threads just keep getting better and better. It's like clockwork.

- Call of Duty series/MW2 backlash
- Former WaW haters suddenly like the game
- List wars
- BC2 gets mentioned
- Treyarch's integrity gets questioned

Y2Kev said:
Ignoring the story, why do you think so? I thought MW2 was much better than MW1. The infinite respawning garbage made me so angry.

Who cares about the improvements that MW2 campaign did compared to CoD4 (infinite respawns, grenade spamming enemies, etc.), we're not going to bring that up cause the story was shit, hurrr. /sarcasm

Not calling out EmCeeGramr. It's just this is pretty much what sums up people who bring up MW2 campaign in relation to CoD4.

obonicus

EmCeeGramr said:

I usually don't agree with you on anything, but god yes. I played it last month or so and thought it was TERRIBLE.

Y2Kev said:

The levels were terrible setpieces that almost made me wish for infinitely respawning enemies (which IW actually managed to replicate so well that I actually believed that it was totally unchanged).

"Hey, how do we make a level without infinite respawn?"

"...spawn like a hundred dudes at once and make them come out one by one so it's practically infinite respawn in all but name."

"PERFECT! Then we'll have another level where you just stare at cutscenes in first person for a while. It'll be like those 'shocking' parts of COD4 like the Arab president exeuction or shooting Zakhaev or the nuke, but it'll happen every five minutes."

"Alright, now let's design Takedown. *takes massive shit on keyboard, creates worst FPS level in the history of mankind*"

EDarkness

jufonuk said:
Make a version for the Wii, I will buy it.
What???

Don't look at me like that!!:lol

It's Treyarch, so odds are that there will be a Wii version. As long as it's as feature rich as the other versions, I'm in. Lacking zombie mode sucked in the last game.

Razor210

EmCeeGramr said:
The levels were terrible setpieces that almost made me wish for infinitely respawning enemies (which IW actually managed to replicate so well that I actually believed that it was totally unchanged).

"Hey, how do we make a level without infinite respawn?"

"...spawn like a hundred dudes at once and make them come out one by one so it's practically infinite respawn in all but name."

"PERFECT! Then we'll have another level where you just stare at cutscenes in first person for a while. It'll be like those 'shocking' parts of COD4 like the Arab president exeuction or shooting Zakhaev or the nuke, but it'll happen every five minutes."

"Alright, now let's design Takedown. *takes massive shit on keyboard, creates worst FPS level in the history of mankind*"
This.

I spent twenty minutes JUST ON THE FIRST AREA OF HOUSES BECAUSE OF ALL THE FREAKING PEOPLE COMING OUT OF NOWHERE.

So much for no-infinite respawns.

Top Bottom