• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Modern Warfare Remastered includes campaign & 10 multiplayer maps

Grief51

Banned
Sooo is the new Call of Duty getting revealed soon? I heard rumours the new Call of Duty and Battlefield would be revealed this or next week.

Does anyone know if this is true?

BKG

Banned
Sooo is the new Call of Duty getting revealed soon? I heard rumours the new Call of Duty and Battlefield would be revealed this or next week.

Doesn't anyone know if this is true?

Next week for call of duty seems to be the situation, not sure about Battlefield

nOoblet16

Okay awesome. I really hope Activision will be pushing the tech and scope of the game this time. No more last-gen shackling Call of Duty.

COD hasn't really been shackled by last gen since Advanced Warfare, existence of last gen version isn't evidence of it being shackled, especially when last gen version had massive cutbacks. BO3 campaign simply could not have been done on last gen, the tech it pushed in that game (volumetric lights, particles for a 60FPS game is costly) was too much even for PS4/Bone andas such it doesn't really manages a stable resolution or framerate. It was a current gen game plain and square and that's as unshackled as it gets. When it comes to MP, things have to be simplified and as such the simplified version can be run on last gen after simplifying even further (with obvious performance issues).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Okay awesome. I really hope Activision will be pushing the tech and scope of the game this time. No more last-gen shackling Call of Duty.

they have not been shackling COD to 'last gen' since AW. This is more about the mechanics of COD being easily reused. CODBO3 was their idea of adding 'scope' to the game, adding more characters and more enemies ad more open ended areas

*edit* dammit

jorgejjvr

Activision pulled the rabbit out of their hat. Swore up and down never again and here we are
They got us with cod 4

I guess the good thing is, that even if IW sucks, we will at least still have cod 4 to go to.

Here's hoping we get two good cod games tho

Eggbok

I don't think last gen has been holding them back since they have different studios make the last gen versions of the last few games.

However they don't need to make last gen versions at all. Black Ops 3 on PS360 was multiplayer and zombies only and they won't get any DLC. They need to let it die.

CHC

10 maps is hilariously stingy, I can already see the DLC from miles away.

But either way it'll be cool to see redone versions of the main missions. I hope it's an actual remake and not just a 1080p port.

Eh I'll take it , it'll have a prime discount too so like $80 for this and infinite warfare

Should be like every year I guess
Won't be buying old DLC though lol, that'd be crazy

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
10 maps? What the fuck?? The original game with 16 didnt it?

The original game was its own title to be fair. This is just a remaster, so they aren't going to bother putting in as much effort, especially if IW is doing double duty with their new game and this old one

RanoNL

Eh I'll take it , it'll have a prime discount too so like $80 for this and infinite warfare

Should be like every year I guess
Won't be buying old DLC though lol, that'd be crazy
Why would that be crazy? They need to remaster those maps as well. Time is money.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
If I can't buy it separately then forget about it. Who knows MAYBE I will be interested in the new game but I sure as hell ain't paying for two games when I just want one.

Kolx

MW2 has an enjoyable story? What the hell does memory do to people

*edit* Not saying you can't enjoy the campaign after all, i can see how all the action and setpieces would be fun, but the story itself is complete nonsense

I'm guessing this will be a Halo Anniversary type deal...graphically upgraded campaign+MP with 10 upgraded maps...Infinite Warfare may share these maps with its own MP thus not splitting the player base...but then they would have to make a section specifically for CODMW1 gameplay..

The story itself might not have been the best story ever but some of the levels were memorable, the gameplay was fun & the characters were not that bad. My memory might be deceiving me but I'm sure I enjoyed the campaign a lot back in the day.

Am I the only one more interested in what the hell is going on with Infinite Warfare than an HD Remaster of MW1? Like yes, it's cool and all, but I'm honestly really interested in how they'd be incorporating space combat stuff into a CoD framework.

Really? Totally forgot, well the highest kill streak was a helicopter lol...how far we have come

the Juggernaut health perk could basically null the Stopping Power advantage.

And yeah, the short killstreak bonuses are the best part, nothing overly complicated like 20 different drones out there trying to kill you. (looking at you Blops3)

Am I the only one more interested in what the hell is going on with Infinite Warfare than an HD Remaster of MW1? Like yes, it's cool and all, but I'm honestly really interested in how they'd be incorporating space combat stuff into a CoD framework.
No1 will play it unless there are like 3 game modes for CoD4 remaster which I doubt.
Everyone will be playing the chit out of the 10maps 12 hours a day and get on Infinite half a year later

jorgejjvr

You are not alone

I am looking forward to see what Infinity Warfare has to offer

Excited to see the reveal. Hoping they learned from ghosts. By the name 'Warfare' it sounds like it will hopefully have the feel of the other games. Just hoping the space stuff is interesting, and fun

Alienous

Maybe we're thinking about the 10 maps they've put into the game the wrong way around.

Maybe what they've done is taken these maps:

Backlot
Crash
Crossfire
District
Overgrown
Shipment
Strike
Vacant

and decided to launch the remaster without them.

Then they can give you the above maps, 2 at a time, as part of the Infinite Warfare DLC map packs.

It would be money making genius. That way they could get around Modern Warfare Remastered taking away from Infinite Warfare DLC sales.

Omni

Honestly I'd only be interested if the remaster was something along the lines of Halo CE/2 Anniversary. Not so much the graphics switching, but the complete overhaul. Game as it stands looks incredibly dated.

But then I'd suppose they would be releasing it as a standalone title. Meh.

nillah

Banned
Are we seriously going to get lasers and actual jet packs this go around, I'm also expecting some sort of time bending weapons that warps players skulls into oblivion. Future is future right?!

After playing some of the Master Chief Collection, I would love it if Activision created a COD hub where all of the COD games are stored and you choose what game you want to play from that basis. I basically only play the single player, so it would be cool to have the campaigns all in a row, especially if you could buy each game digitally and have the entire COD world at your fingertips.

I should note that I don't play the multiplayer, so this is basically only for SP.

Gaz_RB

I hope COD4 is a completely different entity than Infinite Warfare so I can just delete IW and still have COD4 on my dashboard.

jorgejjvr

I think the best part of the IW setting is that they can get really creative with the maps

It could be any planet, galaxy, they are free to do whatever

Moon cod?

Thabass

I just want the multiplayer for this. But, getting to down Veteran to get the Mile High Achievement again makes it worth it.

Is 10 how many were in final game?

Don't see any way they can justify not having all base maps and Dlc included

if its just an uprez then i understand you but if its anything like a halo remaster with updated graphics and the like then it makes a little more sense to me that they dont have every single map. just give me bog and crash and i'll be great.

jelly

I wonder if Activision is testing the water with old COD to see if people still want it over the new stuff. They can't keep going into the future indefinitely surely. I guess it keeps their options open if Titanfall hits the big time time.

Top Bottom