• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Modern Warfare Remastered includes campaign & 10 multiplayer maps

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Am I the only one more interested in what the hell is going on with Infinite Warfare than an HD Remaster of MW1? Like yes, it's cool and all, but I'm honestly really interested in how they'd be incorporating space combat stuff into a CoD framework.

Well, i'll wait and see what IW do, but after Ghosts i have far more skepticism, even if Raven is now apart of them. I'm not going to be that guy who trashes what i haven't witnessed after all

Christmas Crash or bust!

latest

GOAT ever. My favorite map in all of the series. Nothing like calling in Santa to airstrike the map and getting 5+ kills at a time!

Catvoca

Banned
Maybe we're thinking about the 10 maps they've put into the game the wrong way around.

Maybe what they've done is taken these maps:

Backlot
Crash
Crossfire
District
Overgrown
Shipment
Strike
Vacant

and decided to launch the remaster without them.

Then they can give you the above maps, 2 at a time, as part of the Infinite Warfare DLC map packs.

It would be money making genius. That way they could get around Modern Warfare Remastered taking away from Infinite Warfare DLC sales.

This would be horrible. "Genius" for them but just awful for the consumer. If this remaster launches without Vacant they can go fuck themselves anyway, I'm not buying it.

I've been waiting for this for a long time. Time will tell if it's Nostalgia or if it truly was the GOAT.

I personally think it's just the GOAT.

kaskade

I'm curious how they are going to work this. Is CoD4 and it's MP going to be completely separate? Or are they going to kind of fuse the infinite war and cod4 maps. It seems kind of odd to have both games competing for MP space. I can't wait to get my friends together and play it like the old days. Can't believe it was almost 10 years ago.

jorgejjvr

Did cod 4 have good streaks?

I hope so.

What would you guys say is the biggest differenfrom games like bo2 and bo3?

Also, I kinda hope kill streaks get replaced by score streak

Catvoca

Banned

I hope so.

What wouwould you guys say is the biggest differenfrom games like bo2 and bo3?

Killstreaks were simply 3-UAV 5-Airstrike 7-Helicopter. It was the first in the series to them at all I believe.

jorgejjvr

Killstreaks were simply 3-UAV 5-Airstrike 7-Helicopter.
Yikes...

Just right there, that's a bit disappointing from someone like me. But I get it, first game that did that.

I'm just used to so much more variety, and to pick from many.

Was it at least rewarding when getting them? Cause mayhem?

Inuhanyou

I hope so.

What would you guys say is the biggest differenfrom games like bo2 and bo3?

No. Keep MW1 MP exactly as it was at its most simple.

You get a kill streak, you get a new toy.

It was rewarding as F.

I think younger folks or people who have gotten in through the new ones are going to have to get used to winning games by actually using their own technique

Kawngi

Kinda bummed we're not getting a MW2 remaster with it. MW1 is a great game but I personally thought the insanity of MW2's multi was great.

Daffy Duck

Yikes...

Just right there, that's a bit disappointing from someone like me. But I get it, first game that did that.

I'm just used to so much more variety, and to pick from many.

Was it at least rewarding when getting them? Cause mayhem?

Yeah it was massively different back then, but IMHO a lot better.

This came just at the right time.

So good

COD4 is soooo good.

I'm curious how they are going to work this. Is CoD4 and it's MP going to be completely separate? Or are they going to kind of fuse the infinite war and cod4 maps. It seems kind of odd to have both games competing for MP space. I can't wait to get my friends together and play it like the old days. Can't believe it was almost 10 years ago.
I will remain cynical, and say that the "ten MP maps" mean MW maps to be played in IW's MP.

jorgejjvr

Yeah it was massively diffeent back then, but IMHO a lot better.

This came just at the right time.

So good

COD4 is soooo good.
Cool.

I'm going to have to do my research on cod 4 it seems

Simple can be fun. Here's hoping I enjoy it such as much. Definitely a change from someone like me that did not play it back then :)

jorgejjvr

That's the way it should be, and only ever should be.

Fuck everything about killstreaks/scorestreaks after WaW, ruined the franchise.
Ehhhh ruined?

A lot of people want WaW 2

And the black ops games are great

How did the perks in cod 4 look like?

robo

Played this loads, lots of fun private matches. Knives only. Pistols only, caterpillar racing, hide and seek in public matches.

Good times.

jorgejjvr

Another question, once you get all the streaks, do they reload?

Like I got a helicopter, I get three more kills and back at UAV?

If not, do I have to die?

Ehhhh ruined?

A lot of people want WaW 2

And the black ops games are great

How did the perks in cod 4 look like?
WaW had the same streak layout as COD4.

3 - Recon Plane, 5 - Artillery Strike, 7 - Attack Dogs.

Having streaks customizable after WaW set COD on a path to ruin. The game became less about gunplay and more about streaks, almost to the point of being an RTS.

Inuhanyou

Was the helicopter all the time in the air?

7 kills is nothing,im used to getting motherships and such, 1700 score or average 17 kills

No. You got 3 kills you racked up a UAV limited time, you got 5 you racked up an airstrike on an area, you got 7 kills you got a heli for a limited time, you could not stack them or use one after another, they don't reload and they only stay until you die or you use them

RyanW

So if you're Activision and Infinity Ward and you just made the official announcement. Do you make CoD 4 Remastered available as soon as pre-orders are up(assuming the game is ready) or do you wait until November to release it alongside Infinite Warfare?

Daffy Duck

Another question, once you get all the streaks, do they reload?

Like I got a helicopter, I get three more kills and back at UAV?

If not, do I have to die?

You have to die to get streaks, they do not cycle.

Maybe they will change that.

He said that?

Maybe it was just an unfortunate place to post but someone in one of the threads said a guy on here from shopto said it wasn't called infinite warefar, then he posted oafter that saying "accurate". Maybe he meant something else...

So if you're Activision and Infinity Ward and you just made the official announcement. Do you make CoD 4 Remastered available as soon as pre-orders are up(assuming the game is ready) or do you wait until November to release it alongside Infinite Warfare?

Interesting point, this might be ready to go for preorders, people binge on this and then by the time IW is ready, people move on, although it would pretty much kill BO3 in the water I imagine.

TheXbox

The fact that they don't have all these maps ready would suggest there's going to be some gameplay changes. Which, uh, no. Don't.

Unless this is just a fucking map pack for the new game, idk

RyanW

The fact that they don't have all these maps ready would suggest there's going to be some gameplay changes. Which, uh, no. Don't.

Unless this is just a fucking map pack for the new game, idk

There's some stuff I'm willing to take over more maps. New modes, refined mechanics such as reloading and cycling through killstreaks like in current CoDs, etc

DNAbro

You have to die to get streaks, they do not cycle.

Maybe they will change that.

Maybe it was just an unfortunate place to post but someone in one of the threads said a guy on here from shopto said it wasn't called infinite warefar, then he posted oafter that saying "accurate". Maybe he meant something else...

Interesting point, this might be ready to go for preorders, people binge on this and then by the time IW is ready, people move on, although it would pretty much kill BO3 in the water I imagine.

Infinite Warfare name was leaked from PSN store, it's pretty much 100% confirmed at this point.

jorgejjvr

WaW had the same streak layout as COD4.

3 - Recon Plane, 5 - Artillery Strike, 7 - Attack Dogs.

Having streaks customizable after WaW set COD on a path to ruin. The game became less about gunplay and more about streaks, almost to the point of being an RTS.
If you have good gun play you are rewarded with big streaks. They don't just happened, you have to have good gun play, so that doesn't make too much sense

Also, at only 7 kills, I'm guessing everyone got streaks like all the time

So I'm wondering whether there was a air strike, and helicopter up at all times?

Since it does not appear to be too hard to get

TheXbox

There's some stuff I'm willing to take over more maps. New modes, refined mechanics such as reloading and cycling through killstreaks like in current CoDs, etc
Then what's to stop them from nerfing the M16? What if they kill no-scoping?

All I want is a straight port. PC servers for the old game are all shit and the console versions are hacked to fuck. Let me play Call of Duty 4.

Jarrod38

Just give me all the maps. I still think CoD 4 had the best map selection out of the MW series. Some of my favorite memories from CoD 4 was on Pipeline and using the noob tube at the start and taking the entire team out at the top of the map.

If you have good gun play you are rewarded with big streaks. They don't just happened, you have to have good gun play, so that doesn't make too much sense

So I'm wondering whether there was a air strike, and helicopter up at all times?

No. Because gunplay was so valued people died more often since they couldn't sit in a bush getting free points from a mothership to cycle their streaks.

Klart

Yes, there was an air strike and a helicopter up at all times because everyone was having a 7 kills kill streak all the time. All the time. Yes.

Top Bottom