• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEmil

Uh... I can't tell if this is real or not. Looks fake https://twitter.com/FakesForge/status/767447280379170818

CqaFFUSWgAEa2S8.jpg:large
This is made by FakesForge, as written on the side and bottom. They make stuff like this all the time, it's fake.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Not interested if I can't replace the hard-drive. Hopefully the Neo is still on schedule for this year and features that.

gamz

This has got $249/£229 written all over it, and Sony will sell MILLIONS this Q4.... I personally think it looks cute, and when I play games I look at my screen not the console...

That's what I'm thinking also. If X S cost about 243 to produce with a 4K player, then I'm thinking this is around 210ish. Thus, 249. Makes sense.

KingBroly

Banned
If so, the NX might be in for a bad time (for the record, I do hope that both the NX & the PS4 Neo end up succeeding). But at the same time, it would allow Sony to up the specs of the PS4 Neo to better compete with the Xbox One Scorpio.

If they're already manufacturing them (which they apparently are), the specs can't be bumped at this point.

The materials just don't look anywhere near "high-end", the plastic looks cheap and so do the buttons. Frankly I see "lasting two years" as a given for any console I buy so it wouldn't justify a higher price at all.

PS3 super slim materials materials don't look high end as well, but they have lasted for around 3 1/2 years for me so far. This re-designed PS4 looks nice with the PlayStation logo on the top and PS button logos at the bottom that act as some kind of cushion/support to counter the wobble effect of the launch models. Also is it confirmed the HDD's could be upgraded on the new redesigned PS4?

dabbe

Neo Member
Why would Sony want to sabotage selling PS4s this holiday season by announcing the NEO but not having it come out until next Spring? That made sense for Microsoft, because building hype for Scorpio is worth the potential reduced Xbox One sales in the long run given their current position, but it makes no sense for Sony.

If they do announce NEO at the September event but it isn't out until after the holidays, that's a very stupid move.

I agree. Would be a very weird move.

Boke1879

A March release for the Neo would be cool with me. Having the Neo and PSVR dropped all at once would be too overwhelming for my wallet
LLShC.gif

I want Neo this year simply because I want to play COD, BF1 and other games on it. That said March would give me the chance to save more money.

We all need to wait until the 7th one way or the other.

I like the design. It's a smaller PS4 with actual buttons to replace the capacitive ones. Follows Sony's trend with the PS3... Which means if you want a PS4 you should pick up this model because the third design is going to SUCK.

I always find it funny how company's think that when it is out there it won't get leaked... Great find though guys! With my local media sleeping and picking this up tommorow at the earliest i'm glad I stayed awake to follow this and report this asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom