• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Shenmue 1 and 2 HD Remaster Coming 2017

Gromber

Neo Member
new Rumour http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/09/22/shenmue-hd-coming-this-year/#1

Our sources have claimed that the project has been in the works since 2016, and was originally scheduled to be announced some time around E3 2017 in June, but was held back for unknown reasons. It is possible this was done to find a more appropriate venue where it wouldn't have to share the spotlight with so many big, new games, but that's just one writer's speculation.

MilkBeard

This is great, hopefully this year (it's gotta be happening). Now I can finally finish Shenmue 2 (the second disc is damaged on the used copy I bought). Even if they were to realistically end up releasing early next year, it would still be cool.

Playing these in HD will be great. I really hope they have the original sound files without the compression. It would improve the game a lot. Sound was crunched hard to fit on Dreamcast discs.

Hopefully not just simply a higher resolution though. This game hasn't aged too well I can tell you that. Or at least not in my opinion. But if it's indeed coming to Xbox that would be interesting because so far there don't seem to be plans for 3 on Xbox.

Then again Shenmue 2 was brought to the first Xbox wasn't it?

openrob

Yeah, I am doubt that the wood be physical copies unless significant work went in to them.

My main hope would be higher resolution textures. Obviously controls altered as well.

N21

Hopefully not just simply a higher resolution though. This game hasn't aged too well I can tell you that. Or at least not in my opinion. But if it's indeed coming to Xbox that would be interesting because so far there don't seem to be plans for 3 on Xbox.

So, it's basically a reverse Kingdom Hearts situation then?

jobrro

I will be there as long as there is enough time to play through them at a relaxed pace before Shenmue 3 drops.

I don't want it dropping 2 months before S3, but anything before that is fine. It would be nice to get some actually confirmation though.

Pretty sure Sony funded a bit of Shenmue 3, no? So I wouldn't see it coming to anything but PS4/PC.

ArjanN

This definitely not getting a remaster. Sounds like a quick emulation job for PC/PS4 and then release.

? There's no detail about that in the rumor article..

I'm assuming it's probably higher resolutions + a bunch of quality of life improvements like twin stick controls, dual audio maybe.

Our sources have claimed that the project has been in the works since 2016, and was originally scheduled to be announced some time around E3 2017 in June, but was held back for unknown reasons. It is possible this was done to find a more appropriate venue where it wouldn’t have to share the spotlight with so many big, new games, but that’s just one writer’s speculation.

All due respect but there's nothing really in this that really means anything new. E3 came and went without an announcement, most people are clearly waiting for PSX or maaaybe Paris Games Week at this point.

Hoping for PSX moreso than Paris Games Week.

But Sony have been a bit more vocal about Paris, plus now it's being published by Deep Silver, along with Shibuya Productions so an announcement there may not be off the table, considering they want it to be a big announcement and not get swamped in amongst other games.

But I'd still say PSX is favourite (hopefully since I will be in attendance)

Top Bottom