• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

VUVWJeq.gif

Cru

So both famousmortimer and Bruceleroy are both waiting for another source to confirm? Shouldn't this be resolved by now? Unless they have the same source.

kuYuri

I don't get if, if these supposed "insiders" have info on Ghosts, what about other multiplatform games? Is BF4, which is getting alot of Xbone push, also 720p on Xbone? Is ACIV also 720p?

Angry Fork

Assuming this ends up being true, the only thing more explosive would be if it's confirmed PS4 had 1080p and they downgrade it on purpose to 720p just to make it on par with xbox one.

kasane

So I'm guessing MS is putting all their resources on cloud research so they can improve gfx

Tales from my ass. don't take me srsly

Gaz_RB

tee hee...couldn't help myself from posting this...

lmao. how reddit feels about "AstroGAF" always makes me laugh

I am going to offer some logic here, for only a few sentences.

The X1 original dev hardware (sent out possibly 8-18 months ago) had 12 gigs of ram. The PS4 dev hardware had 3-5 gigs of ram (possibly sent out around the same timeframe as X1's).

I think that for the past year, or however long the dev kits were in the wild, companies were coding their games to those specifications.

When Sony found out X1 was going with 8 gigs earlier in the year, they upped theirs last minute to 8 as well. (big change for being so close to launch).

Microsoft seen no reason to really force the extra 4 gigs (and risk sounding like idiots) by saying "We actually decided on 12 gigs guys!". Their plan might of been to say 8 at first, then do 12 if Sony was at 12, or some other number that made X1 look weaker.

This left all companies scrambling to dumb down their un-optimized games for X1's lesser hardware. This is of course assuming the X1 devs were just making a mess with their coding and using up tons of extra ram for no apparent reason.

I am still convinced, even if this is not exactly what happened, that X1 did intend on 12 gigs of ram like their dev kits. But changed it last minute. The PS4 has only a small margin of power, yet plenty more 1080p offerings, only reinforcing such reasoning.

lol some crazy rationalization over there.

Some serious goal post moving and downplaying in this thread already. People saying they prefer 720p and people saying that Call of Duty looks like shit so this revelation is irrelevant. What a load of shit pouring some mouths.

Vizzeh

Banned
I'm amazed at how seriously people are taking this.

It's COD ffs. No one plays that game for it's visuals.

Its not JUST COD, its if cod is having trouble it sets a precedent for other titles, giving more fuel to Cboats rumour of future titles on X1 being 720p/900p with us having to #dealwith it basically.

Guevara

Needs more attention in my opinion (this is Forbes in June)

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

Gestault

Some serious goal post moving and downplaying in this thread already. People saying they prefer 720p and people saying that Call of Duty looks like shit so this revelation is irrelevant. What a load of shit pouring some mouths.

I'm pretty confident the one person I saw saying they preferred 720p was obviously joking (the "too many pixels for my taste" post), and people have been saying this game looked underwhelming since day one.

Please tell me IGNs video player has more compression than Youtube because, wow.

Oh man... that footage is really bad! And the Xbone version presumably looks worse thanks to the lower resolution?

I guess it goes to show that throwing a bunch of money at a project will only get you so far. The age of COD is over.

Kingbrave

Are people really going to cancel their Xbone preorders over Call of Duty? Seems like a huge investment over just one game.

Needs more attention in my opinion (this is Forbes in June)

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I don't know what videos or pictures you have seen, but the game look much better over Forza 4 when I played it at Eurogamer. You might want to get those eyes checked.

The videos I've seen recently are completely unambitious outside of achieving 1920x1080 and 60 FPS. The image quality should be good but a lot of the images I've recently seen have some mighty bad aliasing issues, which defeats the whole purpose of running the game at 1920x1080.

Schrade

I wonder if this is the bad news that was supposed to hit sometime last week. Someone posted that something negative about the Xbone was going to be let out. It didn't happen so I wonder if this was supposed to be it...

Jedi2016

Wow... they couldn't get that game running 1080p? Not exactly the poster boy for next-gen graphics, and they still couldn't hit it. Ouch.

The DF article for this one will be interesting. Man, DF itself is going to be a madhouse in about a month.

Deadstar

Assuming this ends up being true, the only thing more explosive would be if it's confirmed PS4 had 1080p and they downgrade it on purpose to 720p just to make it on par with xbox one.

I would hope that it wouldn't be downgraded. It's a slap in the face to anyone buying the ps4.

I'm pretty confident the one person I saw saying they preferred 720p was obviously joking (the "too many pixels for my taste" post), and people have been saying this game looked underwhelming since day one.

But it's downplaying the issue. If this ends up being true then that will 100% confirm that the PS4 will have better multiplatform games. The console that is cheaper and has more powerful hardware. Who would have ever guessed?

gaming_noob

1. The ones stating they like 720p are joking.
2. The ones saying COD looks like shit are not moving goalposts as it's what they've been saying all along. Unless you can point out the ones who have said otherwise in the past, please refrain from these bullshit posts.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So my XBO will be a great cable box and media box, and my PS4 will be my game console?

Sounds right based on this.

(I am still a bit excited for the XBO just for the media stuff, is that bad?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom