• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every real gamer knows that it's all about that excellent gameplay, which will be the same.

In fact, you could argue that with less pixels on the screen, you'll be even better equipped to take down tangos
so that you can oscar mike around your denial some more.

On a more serious note: If this is true, and the gap is already here with cross-gen third party titles with joke graphics like CoD, I can't even imagine what 2015 or 2016 will look like.

Domino792

You'll understand if you were in that X1 BF4 thread.

Sucf57n.jpg

omg something finally broke Tim Dog... this is big lol

Vizzeh

Banned
Mort needs paged, texted, something, get him out of his meeting, we must know :)

You cant hide forever, its not that bad.
jumping-out-of-window.gif

allan-bh

Call of Duty with old recycle engine... really?

That's strange. If true I think is more a temporary difficulty for some reason than insufficient hardware power.

stryke

Mods are obviously expecting some sort of fallout.

Does that mean we'll actually get some sort of confirmation soon as to what's going on?

KoopaTheCasual

If this was a negative story about the PS4 people would be asking for more proof than a couple of posts.

People still are asking for more proof. Famous says he still needs to find out a second source confirmation. If he does... well then things will get ugly.

Famousmortimer himself says it's "hearsay", so no, I'll wait and see on this one.

"It really does need to be double checked. It's hearsay"

Waiting for the first website disreputable enough to try and sell it as truth on N4G.
While true, what would cause Bish to pack it up and head for the bomb shelter?

That's like, I dunno, a sign of the apocalypse? Isn't that in the Bible?

Ty4on

Same thing as preferring LPs over CDs, right? 720p's got that smooth texture, 1080p is too crisp, too harsh.

Then run 1080p in 720p and enjoy the AA from downscaling...

I personally love vinyl because it is 100% analog. The audio waves I hear are the ones on that disc which is just cool to think about.

Xanadu

Banned
Have you seen what type of GPU it takes to run 1080p games x 60fps at high details and such?

WAY more then the power of the 7770.

CODBO2-med-1680.png

This aint even 1080p, Ultra details. This is sub 1080p x Medium detail on Black Ops 2 and the 7770 still doesn't reach 60fps.

Forget about 1080p on the X1 for PC ports. Unless you want low-medium detail levels and no AA.

weird how i get 80fps @1080p on my shitty gtx 260

Piggus

Downgrade for PS4 version if true. Calling it now.

The game has already gone gold... What are they going to do, patch it so it runs at a lower resolution? Yeah, THAT would go over really well on the system that will have a much higher install base.

Who is Tim Dog?

Either a run of the mill troll, or someone who is so in love with a corporation that he's willing to skip both systems altogether now that the truth about their performance difference is at hand.

Xbone was a 2014 thing, then February came and Sony surprised everyone announcing the PS4 for this year. MS rushed and now that's what we have.

So in 9 months from when they first heard about the PS4 coming in 2013 they banded together and got a XBox One system finalized and ready to go, and a bunch of launch games ready and still decided to price it a hundred dollars more? Makes perfect sense.

Meh, I prefer 720p anyways. There's barely any difference.

Can I ask the mods why we don't just ban these types? At worst he is a chronic fanboy (possibly even shill) trying to downplay a critical (rumoured) issue. At best he is uninformed, ignorant and has an incorrect opinion on resolution. "I prefer 720p anyways" should be a bannable offense.

As for the topic - big news. I figured that the MS/COD partnership would be the biggest fan to the 'forced parity' fires... and now this. I don't know what to think anymore!

solarus

Sony needs to play up their performance advantage, microsoft keeps spewing this bullshit constantly about having the worlds most powerful console which is factually incorrect but maybe the general public thinks it costs more for that reason. What's the use if only gamers realise that ps4 has a significant resolution advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom