• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting in before the potential lock. I think like this generation...the power difference will be more pronounced in 4-5 years time. Obviously 720 vs 1080p is significant...but I'm referring more to the AAA exclusives with all the tricks and techniques on full display.

But who knows, it may not be a big deal...the XB1 is BETA tested in the future after all.

angry-no.gif

Abriael

Banned
While true, what would cause Bish to pack it up and head for the bomb shelter?

That's like, I dunno, a sign of the apocalypse? Isn't that in the Bible?

The fact that Mortimer defines it "hearsay" means that his source is not direct. He cautioned us directly against believing in it, so yeah.

I'll leave it here for the moment.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How exactly Ghosts running at 720 on Xbone would be a megaton anyway?
We've already known from cboat there's gonna be a struggle.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
thuway? i'll wait for more confirmation.

i have no problem with x1 games being 720p (or very little i should say), but they should at least look purdy if thats the case. if cod:g is 720p its just incompetence. that said, i'd still likely buy that over bf4.

The denial is incredible.

The fact is, is that the PS4 is more perfectly designed to handle Native 1080p resolutions much more so than Xbox One & Wii U could.

It's denial ONLY because this goes against everything we've been fed the last few months. We we're told that Call of Duty: Ghost would run 1080p on Xbox One, and would run at 60 frames. We were suppose to believe all the footage we've seen regarding Call of Duty: Ghost was on Xbox One. The debut trailer was footage on the Xbox One.

I wonder how the hell they messed this up. Obviously, they new the specs to the Xbox One, hell at the time of promising 1080p, they hadn't even received the 6% upclock (lol). This either isn't true, or development is going terribly.

~~Hasan~~

if this is true then i am going to cancel my xbox one pre order too to be honest. i will order couple of PS4 games with it more.

but i have to ask. why are we rushing this ? i mean, with respect to all insiders, shouldnt we wait for official confirmation ? or their word is enough and its just a time ticking for the announcement ?

Remember when Cerny explained why ESRAM was a bad idea and Sony elected to go with a approach that would be better for developers.

Smart man

Honestly, I don't really care about resolutions or superior multiplat versions.

If I actually wanted to get an Xbox One, the 720p statistic wouldn't be a dealbreaker at all.

That said, it's impossible to spin this as a positive for Xbox One in any way. It's disappointing that they can't maintain resolution parity between the two versions, and it doesn't look good for the console's capabilities.

EGOMON

My fellow junior gaf members be careful i have a feeling this thread will turn into a graveyard pretty soon, god speed.

TTOOLL

So in 9 months from when they first heard about the PS4 coming in 2013 they banded together and got a XBox One system finalized and ready to go, and a bunch of launch games ready and still decided to price it a hundred dollars more? Makes perfect sense.

no bro, even releasing in 2014 it was already being developed, of course. Anyways, just my opinion, the xbone seems rushed.

Mononoke

Banned
I want to know how it can possibly be worse. PS4 version looked so bad =/ I guess this confusion happens when you have people like me (that don't actually understand how systems work). In my own ignorance, I'm baffled as to how a game like Ghosts can run 720p on Xbox 360, and yet supposedly have problems on the Xbox One.

if this is true then i am going to cancel my xbox one pre order too to be honest. i will order couple of PS4 games with it more.

but i have to ask. why are we rushing this ? i mean, with respect to all insiders, shouldnt we wait for official confirmation ? or their word is enough and its just a time ticking for the announcement ?

If you can read between the lines you know enough already.

Deadstar

Microsoft already said they didn't target the highest specs. Their box is more of an entertainment hub with great games rather than just a high end games box.

keit4

Banned
Don't worry Xbone users, PS3 users have been playing the inferior version of multiplatform games for years and for them that fact never was a problem.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I don't believe it. sorry gaf

Jburton

Banned
Downgrade for PS4 version if true. Calling it now.

Why is that, no history of forced parity .......... wishful thinking on the behalf of many, mostly Xbox one fans that are having ad hard time with negative news.

1080p PS4 footage is out there, it's done.

Gaz_RB

I just find this really hard to believe. COD looks pretty bad compared to other next gen games. How could it not run 1080?

Piggus

Delays for next gen versions maybe?

It's just not going to happen, dude. Microsoft can bitch and cry about it as much as they want (which I doubt they're even doing). They know they have a weaker system. That's their fault. They designed the system around a certain set of constraints and now they have to just deal with it.

I just find this really hard to believe. COD looks pretty bad compared to other next gen games. How could it not run 1080?

Because it's also running at 60 fps. And there's actually quite a lot of stuff they've added. The overall look is very similar, but everything is better looking. Textures and shadows are MUCH better, there's a lot more detail in the environment, and a lot more physics going on with foliage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom