• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seiken Densetsu Collection announced for Switch (SD1-3 roms, 4800 yen)

zeromcd73

wOektjR.png

hongcha

I hope they localize it, but SE didn't localize the Dragon Quest Wii collection, and it has SD3 which was never translated, so, I wouldn't get your hopes up. They'll probably just release Secret of Mana on the Switch VC eventually.

Beepos

There is no chance they will ever use the English translations for our 'Secret of Mana 2' right?

God I am just, so excited even hearing this news.

Eusis

And of course they will never localize this :(
Who knows with SE anymore. I'd be cautiously optimistic though, things like this are usually done partially to translate older entries finally. And it's not as if they can't port this around if it'll appease the western branches into releasing it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Too bad Adventures of Mana isn't included. :/

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I was really excited until I realized, is this like.... 3 roms for 4800yen on a card? Literally? These are all the original versions (that's not a bad thing), with none of the remake options or touched up enhancements (maybe I'm mistaken?!)....?

Yeah, I want to know if they've added anything.
And for this to leave Japan.

I was excited until I realized that A) Seiken Densetsu 3 means this isn't going to be localized and B) That price tag is mad expensive for... not much new.

Beepos

I was excited until I realized that A) Seiken Densetsu 3 means this isn't going to be localized and B) That price tag is mad expensive for... not much new.

On a scale on 0 - 0.1 are the chances they would localise Seiken Densetsu 3 and give it to us finally in the West?

Doesn't VC have strict rules about modifying the original ROMs? Maybe this is a way to get around that so they can localize/relocalize this stuff.

duckroll

There are 4 versions of the first game in existence:
- the original GB FFA in B&W with really clunky controls
- a remake for old imode feature phones in full color
- a full reimagination called Sword of Mana (which was balls!)
- a 3D remake of the original on Vita and smartphones

For 4800yen they could throw in more than one version surely...

If they localize it, it won't be cheap, particularly Seiken Densetsu 3, which doesn't gave an english translation. I expect 49.99 or more for SE to localize if ever

That's not how it works. Romancing SaGa 2 was never localized either. They still brought the smartphone version out in English. It wasn't 49.99. :p

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
3 ROMs in a cartridge. Why not just launch VC.

Damn GAF gets excited about anything these days

What about Sony announcing Grim Fandango on E3 stage or Final Fantasy 7 port at PS Experience stage?

also

Banned
Cool, but this is more than double the price of standard VC games.
Secret of Mana is 800 yen on Wii U VC and the price of GB games is ~500 yen, so ~2100 in total compared to 4800yen. I hope they are adding plenty of stuff to justify the price.

massoluk

Banned
Yo, anonymous Amazon employee, time to put up placeholder listing for this game so we can start Operation Rainfall II.

duckroll

What about Sony announcing Grim Fandango on E3 stage or Final Fantasy 7 port at PS Experience stage?

Grim Fandango is a 15 buck digital only release. It's also a solid remaster with QoL improvements, redone graphics, with an option to play in the original mode.

No one was excited for the FFVII port announcement. Shinji Hashimoto's announcement of that remains a meme gif to this day showcasing how out of touch S-E is with their audience.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm a huge fan, but 3 unaltered roms for 4800 yen is an outrageous scam, especially given that there are umpteen other games they could include in the same package.

Top Bottom