• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seiken Densetsu Collection announced for Switch (SD1-3 roms, 4800 yen)

120v

probably the only "rom dump" i'd pay $50-60 for, personally

i think SD3 is overrated but i'd like for people to finally play it proper. Secret of Mana was too much of a watershed moment in the snes days for it's sequel to be relegated to fanslations forever

Shiggy

People complain about the 10€ more that the Switch version of Rime costs. But a ROM dump of SNES games for 50€ is great.

Ok.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm sorry. :(

Is there anything I can do to make it better?

Be optimistic

omg a new mana collection and it looks so worth it. i hope this paves way to the potential seiken densetsu 5 with a fully explorable open world map and intriguing story that will be available this year for all platforms

Slightly disappointed. Back in January I heard Nintendo is going to try and add "Online Play" to certain virtual console games, and I was hoping the Mana games were going to be part of those. Since they're doing a collection, that seems a lot less likely now. This collection is also missing my favourite Seiken Densetsu game (Legend of Mana).

Giolon

Square Enix....get on this for the West.

What I'd really love to see is a Chrono Trigger/Cross compilation.

walei

Another stellar game box art for the Switch.

Please please please localize SD3 but i'd still buy it if it's jp only because I need that box art.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
People complain about the 10€ more that the Switch version of Rime costs. But a ROM dump of SNES games for 50€ is great.

Ok.

Lot of people not happy with the price point in this topic.

Guymelef

-Hey but this is never going to be released overseas.

-Does it matter? God bless region free!!!

And suddenly everybody speaks Japanese...

Giolon

Really? We only have like half a dozen ways to play those entries.

Switch is the biggest portable screen available, and I'd like to see the DS improvements to CT make their way to a TV screen.

Besides, convenience is king for me these days.

Doesn't mean I'm not excited at the possibility of SE bringing the West this Mana collection too =D

Hilarion

Aww, wanted Legend of Mana as well. What's the chance of this collection getting localized?

SE released a Dragon Quest collection with three NES games and didn't even include DQ4 (the DQ collection could and should have been DQ 1-6). A Game Boy game and two SNES games is a step in the right direction.

Switch multiplayer seems really nice with these games. Secret of Mana was one of my favorite games growing up, but this is a tad too expensive. I really love the artwork with the other protagonists though.

duckroll

Be optimistic

omg a new mana collection and it looks so worth it. i hope this paves way to the potential seiken densetsu 5 with a fully explorable open world map and intriguing story that will be available this year for all platforms

Okay let me try:

Whoa I LOVE classic collections! Especially those old Sega Ages ones filled with love! The packaging was so great and they came with THICK manuals filled with artwork and commentary essays from editors and magazine writers! So much love! I'm sure S-E could do the same here!

(Remembers that Switch games have no manuals)

Erm... errr... well it's a good thing they're saving the environment! Maybe they can do a digital manual/artbook instead! That would be SO COOL!

(Remembers that Switch games don't even have digital manuals)

:/

tsundoku

http://www.4gamer.net/games/374/G037496/20170321030/

New Features for Nintendo Switch:
- Quick Save
- Music Mode: Listen to music from all 3 games from the collection's home menu
- Screen Options (FFA only): Choose from various screen aspect ratios available

Amazing effort for a beloved collection of games.

lmao what a dissapointment

still going to import it because thats why the fucking console is finally back to being region freeeeeee

also i bought bomberman so you know exactly the kind of shit mark i am

120v

Not even replacing Final Fantasy Adventure with the enhanced remake Sword of Mana, huh?

i'd play the original GB game over Sword of Mana any day. though since it is a collection it would be nice to include it has a historical curiosity or whatever (dunno how they'd go about scaling it in docked mode however)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
that's so not you duckroll

just be you

UberTag

3 ROMs in a cartridge. Why not just launch VC.

Damn GAF gets excited about anything these days
Just goes to show what a sorry state the VC experiment has been. And how starved enthusiast gamers are for whatever scraps we get tossed.

Okay let me try:

Whoa I LOVE classic collections! Especially those old Sega Ages ones filled with love! The packaging was so great and they came with THICK manuals filled with artwork and commentary essays from editors and magazine writers! So much love! I'm sure S-E could do the same here!

Erm... errr... well it's a good thing they're saving the environment! Maybe they can do a digital manual/artbook instead! That would be SO COOL!

Wait, switch games don't have manuals?

Arzehn

Won't be localized but it's nice to see SE still showing interest in the Mana series after a subpar mobile showing.

4800 yen though...

khaaan

Oh man, I was down to just grab it off the eShop but dat box art makes me want a localization.

Also I don't speak Japanese.

Won't be localized but it's nice to see SE still showing interest in the Mana series after a subpar mobile showing.

4800 yen though...

after the ill fated RTS (which I heard was okay)
after the meh dungeon crawler
after the meh remake
after the horrendous 3D game
after the meh remake

ULTROS!

on the bright side,, if SE makes Seiken Densetsu 5 they may do a Switch port

gotta get an hd version of seiken densetsu 4 first~

i know its shit but id get it for completionist sakes

after the meh remake

i'd say the remake was 99% close to the original final fantasy adventure, so it's still good (for a full hd remake that retains the original system). better than sword of mana though.

I'm sure they would localise sd3 if they did bring this over to the west. And by localise I obviously mean download and slightly change the translated ROM that's been floating around for the last decade....

Psxphile

Legend of Mana not being in must be due to originally being on Sony hardware, unlike the first three games. Thematically it would be an awkward fit, but damn it they could have at least tried.

Also disappointing (as pointed out already) that SD1's various remakes, ports and reimaginings aren't included as optional modes, or that it looks like they're using SD2's Super Famicom sprites and not the new, slightly updated ones on display in the mobile port.

I guess Adventure of Mana-syle remakes of the 2nd and 3rd games are off the table, then.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If they localized SD3 for the west I would buy this day 1. I would buy a Switch. I'd pay any price they asked. SD3 is my least favorite of the 3 games but this is something I've been waiting my whole life for.

Such a shame this collection doesn't have the best SD game (Legend of Mana) tho.

ULTROS!

Speaking of Legend of Mana not appearing on new systems (sans PSN), it's not like we've seen older PSone games being ported to newer non-Sony consoles maybe except for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (360).

Giolon

Okay let me try:

Raining on the parade already :(

Top Bottom