• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes October 14th

jayu26

PS4 doing over 500K is amazing. Never would have guessed it that's pretty much Wii territory for the month of September.
Whole lot of you had me convinced that there was no way PS4 was going to be over 500K. Where is historical data now people?

...I'm just upset that I'm going to do really badly this month because of my horrible prediction :(

360 (Halo 3 release Sept. 2007) : 527.8k
PS4 (Destiny release 2014) : 550k?

Hopefully more people understand that a game does not have to be exclusive to be a system seller.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so according to nintendo pr digital sales is included in npd sales ?

NPD’s September report, the game still managed to finish as the No. 4 best-selling software SKU for the month with more than 705,000 total units sold. Of that total, more than 135,000 units were sold digitally through the Nintendo eShop

jcm

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS launched on Oct. 3 in the U.S., and even with only two days of data included in NPD's September report, the game still managed to finish as the No. 4 best-selling software SKU for the month with more than 705,000 total units sold. Of that total, more than 135,000 units were sold digitally through the Nintendo eShop. The game's biggest impact however may be on hardware sales. More than 140,000 units of the Nintendo 3DS family of systems were sold in September, an increase of 55 percent over sales in August.

I'm shocked they though that 3DS raw number was good enough for the PR. That's down 36% YOY.

I don't even see how this is possible, not including the White PS4 bundle, the stand alone versions of Destiny had higher preorder numbers on PS4 in every thing I've seen.

I don't think sales numbers account for bundled games... So take out all the destiny's that were bundled with the system and it might be close (though I highly doubt it)

Moosehole

So will Pachter now apologise for his false prediction? Like the thousands before?

Hmm I think not ^^
Why would he apologize? Its his job to try to predict the market. Does the weatherman apologize every time it rains when he/she says it won't?

frizby

UcYKUg3.png

LMAO

Dead.

On Demand

Banned
I don't even see how this is possible, not including the White PS4 bundle, the stand alone versions of Destiny had higher preorder numbers on PS4 in every thing I've seen.

The PR mentioned every other 3rd party game selling better except Destiny. I don't get it either. The free game promotion must of done wonders.

GhaleonEB

Why would he apologize? Its his job to try to predict the market. Does the weatherman apologize every time it rains when he/she says it won't?

When I was a kid the local weatherman forecast the following day would be a sunny, calm winter day. The sun came up in the midst of a blizzard that shut down most of the state; he thought it would go north.

This is kind of like that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Some assume October will be somewhere between aug&sep? August will have been depressed with people holding out for the bundle, and September will have been inflated for the same reason.

Top Bottom