• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Kaladin

It's the September Wrasslin thread (a few days early because I'm going to be out for the weekend)

Are you ready?

fvY5138.gif

I DON'T THINK YOU HEAR ME....

tumblr_mj80trR9lZ1s37joxo1_250.gif

I SAID ARE YOU READY?

Qj7sF.gif

Last month we were building to a battle of epic proportions. John Cena vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship....what happened?

pS6VA0f.gif

What do you think of that Mr. H's?

reverse-1310121676_angry_wrestler.gif

Oh....

and then this happened...

triple-h-randy-orton-summerslam-2013.jpg

Now we are at the start of a new era. The McMahon Helmsley Era Part 2. This time Triple H is leading the charge backed by Vince McMahon and their corporate stooge champ is Randy Orton. How far is this new corporation ready to go? The Shield are their corporate security team and they have put anyone who goes against them in 3 vs 1 handicap matches. They have also threatened careers if anyone interferes with anything involving Bryan. It's some entertaining TV....Raw is giving NXT a run for it's money finally. Can WWE keep it up? You know what I think?

1147657_10151612314681443_307418197_o.jpg

Elsewhere in wrasslin....

Christian blue himself...

iRXOBkZMsCes4.gif

Not really...but wouldn't that be cool? Smackdown is actually Raw part 2 again, so watch it.

Over on NXT, this happened...

1185132_549088148474087_1897935545_n.jpg

and it is said to be the match of the year....even after Bryan vs Cena. I tend to agree but you should check it out for yourself on Hulu.

TNA's Bound For Glory series is wrapping up and will end with the free PPV No Surrender on September 12th....

8e568f6b05376a132c0251c80ce7cb4a_L.jpg

The 09/05, 09/14 & 09/29 New Japan shows have all gone up for pre-order over at;

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw

The 09/05 Korakuen Hall show is priced at $10, while the 09/14 Korakuen show is $15 and the 09/29 Kobe World Hall show is $25 - here's the cards;

NJPW, "ROAD TO DESTRUCTION", 2013.09.05
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

01. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) vs Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka
02. Yuji Nagata & Takaaki Watanabe vs CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI & Takashi Iizuka)
03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Manabu Nakanishi vs BULLET CLUB( Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga & Rey Bucanero)
04. Togi Makabe & Captain New Japan vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale)
05. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & Jado) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Shelton 'X' Benjamin, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
06. Satoshi Kojima, Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma & BUSHI vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Masato Tanaka, Yujiro Takahashi & Gedo)

NJPW, "ROAD TO DESTRUCTION", 2013.09.14
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

01. Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi) vs Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka
02. Tiger Mask & BUSHI vs Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
03. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Takaaki Watanabe vs CHAOS (Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
04. Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale)
05. Special Tag Match: CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Toru Yano) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton 'X' Benjamin)
06. CMLL World Tag Titles: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger (c) vs BULLET CLUB (Tama Tonga & Rey Bucanero)
07. Special Tag Match: Satoshi Kojima & Tetsuya Naito vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Masato Tanaka)

NJPW, "DESTRUCTION", 2013.09.29
Kobe World Hall

. Toru Yano vs Minoru Suzuki
. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt
. G1 Title Shot & NEVER Openweight Title Match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Masato Tanaka (c)
. IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Shelton 'X' Benjamin
. IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Satoshi Kojima

Now....it's time to play the game....

wwe-triple-h-hhh-happy-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-16.gif

Who played the game last month?

Check the hall of shame.....

tEKTQC9.jpg

in case you missed the original Triple H OT, back in 2012: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461556

jred2k

Hopefully September can keep the Power of June rolling. The Raw in Toronto on the 9th will be my first time at a TV taping so I hope its good.

We need to get a GAF meetup before Raw planned out. I know Entropia and krae_man are going. Do either of you have a suggestion for a place to go?

Kaladin

I hope Toronto makes for a hot smark crowd with how they've been burned for so long on a live WWE show. (but not so bad that they get blacklisted again)

Kaladin

I didn't mention it in the OP because it's already long enough, but buy Mr. H's blu-ray....

Triple-H-Thy-Kngdom-Come-DVD-Cover.jpg

The doc has rare Undertaker interviews.

ORALE!

Arriba la raza

Yo you know these Puroresu fans be talkin' about they're 4 LIFE but LuchaGaf somos unos vatos locos 4 EVER

But more importedley den all dat, Alberto Del Rio is rowdy rowdy and 'bout it 'bout it.

Kaladin

ot should have been 'the michael jordan of wrestling'

You know two sport stars aren't good for business...Stro just reviewed Rodman and Malone in WCW.

ORALE!

Arriba la raza

Yo you know these Puroresu fans be talkin' about they're 4 LIFE but LuchaGaf somos unos vatos locos 4 EVER

But more importedley den all dat, Alberto Del Rio is rowdy rowdy and 'bout it 'bout it.

Gimmick change?

Gimmick change?
In an OP devoid of any Lucha Libre wrestling promotions or Latino wrestlers, I felt that enough was enough and it was time for a change.

Besides ADR said that now the Latino fans have a hero they can cheer for. Although Ricardo Rodriguez seems to think that RVD is a better fit to represent his community, su comunidad.

Kaladin

In an OP devoid of any Lucha Libre wrestling promotions or Latino wrestlers, I felt that enough was enough and it was time for a change.

Besides ADR said that now the Latino fans have a hero they can cheer for. Although Ricardo Rodriguez seems to think that RVD is a better fit to represent his community, su comunidad.

Mr. H's wouldn't know a good lucha wrestler if it smacked him across the face....I mean, just look at Sin Cara.

strobogo

Banned
How can I go back to WCW after a few hours of powerbombing aliens and a toilet as Bruce Campbell voiced by Nolan North playing Nolan North while dressed as Roddy Piper?

jred2k

konan2.jpg

Did his head grow or his face shrink? He looks even worse in that shoot interview clip someone posted yesterday.

strobogo

Banned
Gaming side is crazy and weird and it is so strange that people have completely different posting styles in the games threads than OT stuff.

Batigol

Banned
I hope Toronto makes for a hot smark crowd with how they've been burned for so long on a live WWE show. (but not so bad that they get blacklisted again)

Why do WWE blacklist Canadian crowds? They're rowdy as fuck. At least they don't sit on their hands like some places

Kaladin

I hear horses in my head
they neigh to me!!!
they neigh to me!!!!!

All your stables are defenseless
all your jockeys are diseased....

September 13 is the date of the 80th anniversary del Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre.

The card is the following:

1) CMLL vs NJPW: Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stuka VS Ishii, Okumura, Namajague

2) Titán, Máximo, Brazo de Plata VS Niebla Roja, Euforia, Mephisto

3) Relevos Increíbles: Terrible, Shocker, Negro Casas VS Vangelis, Marco Corleone, Rush

4) Hair vs Hair: Averno vs Blue Panther

5) Mask match, one fall, the winning team faces each other in a mask vs mask match: Atlantis y Ultimo Guerrero vs Sombra y Volador Jr.

6) Mask vs mask: Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero or Sombra vs Volador Jr.

Yo can watch the event live at:

http://deportes.terra.com.mx/

Lets hope the stream works

krae_man

Hopefully September can keep the Power of June rolling. The Raw in Toronto on the 9th will be my first time at a TV taping so I hope its good.

We need to get a GAF meetup before Raw planned out. I know Entropia and krae_man are going. Do either of you have a suggestion for a place to go?

We should definitely organize something. However, I may not be able to get to town until 6pm which would mean I need to go right to getting in line to go in.

We'll see. TO Wrasslegaf should definitely meetup if possible.

Kaladin

Lets give it the litmus test.....

Your winner and NEEEEEW WWE Champion Solomon Crowe!!!!!!!!!

I....I can actually hear it.

Top Bottom