• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Several Major Cameos Confirmed For Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Several Major Cameos Were Just Confirmed For Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Near the end of the movie, new characters played by Ving Rhames and Michelle Yeoh appear. The credits (as well as James Gunn at the press conference) confirm they play Charlie-27 and Aleta Ogord, two ravager leaders in the film. Exactly why they appear is STILL too big of a spoiler to share, but in one of the five end-credits scenes, they meet up with Stakar, played by Sylvester Stallone, and two other aliens: Krugar and Mainframe. The five characters vow to get back together and steal some shit.

beyhaeffnvafri0p3qet.png

Yes, this is an on-screen reunion, with a few tweaks, of some of the original Guardians of the Galaxy team members. Stakar (a.k.a. Starhawk) Charlie-27, and Starhawk’s wife Aleta were all characters who, alongside Yondu, Major Vance Astro, Martinex, and Nikki Gold, formed the basis of the original Guardians team in the comics. Unlike the later team brought together in Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning’s 2008 Guardians book and popularized by James Gunn’s first movie, the original team operated in the 31st century and had little in the way of major connections with the “modern” team.

bort

Fun fact from the @JamesGunn @Kevfeige interview happening now! @MileyCyrus is the voice of Mainframe. #GotGVol2Event #GotGVol2

I heard she had something in this

kunonabi

So I'm getting Sylvester Stallone and Michelle Yeoh in a Marvel movie? I don't even know what to say anymore.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay Guardians 3 is going to be dope as fuck.

This is exciting if they are close to the future Guardians, but I'd still rather them focus on UCT/Cancerverse stuff.

Fades

Banned
So who's Michael Rosenbaum playing? Krugar? Since Gunn said that his character and Stallone's shared their scenes.

Glad to see that Stallone's role finally been revealed. Also Yeoh, wow, didn't see her casting coming, I doubt anyone did though.

Cuburt

Wasn't
Sharon Stone
supposed to be playing a role? I remember people speculating that she'd be an original Guardian like Sly when they heard she was in the film.

It's kind of fun that the cameos will be a bigger spoiler for most people than who they are supposed to be. I saw
David Hasselhoff
being interviewed at the premiere and while he couldn't spill the beans on how he was involved in the film, just the fact that he's in there will be the surprise.

I mean, I kind of don't care about spoiling stuff like this for myself so much, but I think it will be fun seeing others' reactions opening night.

This makes sense of Gunn's recent comments about the third film being it for this iteration of the team. Will be cool to see how they switch it up.

This is pretty much going to confirm one of my biggest hopes for this movie.

Yondu: "I'm gettin' the gang back together."

Also, I'm fairly certain that Michael Rosenbaum will be playing Martinex then.

Can't wait!

Matty77

Wonder how they are going to fit Mainframe into the MCU considering in the original guardians
Mainframe was a 31'st century computer world that evolved out of what used to be The Vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom