• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Rooker Falls Asleep During a Pivotal ‘Guardians Vol. 2’ Scene (SPOILERS)

Dalek

Michael Rooker Falls Asleep During a Pivotal ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ Scene

Director James Gunn has a special bond with his Guardians of the Galaxy co-star Michael Rooker. Even before the two worked together on Gunn’s directorial debut Slither in 2006, the filmmaker was a fan of the character actor’s work, and since then the two have sparked a bromance. That’s why James Gunn has no problem sharing an embarrassing outtake from the set of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 involving Michael Rooker

Believe it or not, the scene in question features Michael Rooker actually falling asleep in the middle of a take, so much that you can hear him snoring. But in order to talk about this scene, we have to put out a spoiler warning. So if you haven’t seen Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, do not proceed any further. You’ve been warned!

As you can see in the Facebook post, James Gunn reassures everyone that this isn’t a staged gag. And knowing what kind of guy Michael Rooker seems to be, especially when he’s working with James Gunn, we have no problem believing him. We’re just glad that Michael Rooker was awake long enough to get the takes needed to make that scene worthwhile in the final cut.

It's a facebook video so I can't embed it here-but go to the link.

Michael Rooker is the greatest.

I absolutely loved Micheal Rooker's performance. Especially since I really hates him as a walking dead character.

And I didn't like him that much in the 1st movie.

This movie though, he really killed it. Easily the star of the movie because I didn't like the Kurt Russel is the Matrix crap.

Top Bottom