• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF Bay Area/NorCal heat wave incoming - SF record high broken at 106° F

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Major heatwave supposed to start today and last into next week. Peak will be tomorrow, lots of areas are expected to break their all-time records for high temps.

DmjHcaV.jpg

Stay indoors and hydrated SF-GAF!

EDIT: Updated Friday forecast:

PMiCv3J.jpg

EDIT 2: SF all-time record broken:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Hey-San-Francisco-get-ready-for-the-heat-12166706.php

Friday's temperatures baked, roasted and fried heat records that have stood for half a century around the Bay Area, from San Jose to San Francisco — where it hit 104 degrees, an all-time record for the city.

Meteorologist Scott Rowe of the National Weather Service in Monterey summed up the news with this masterful understatement: ”It's going to be very hot."

EDIT 3: https://twitter.com/NWSBayArea/status/903752084046184448

z0wVu87.png

EDIT 4: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Hey-San-Francisco-get-ready-for-the-heat-12166706.php

IF8KIfU.jpg

EDIT 5: Saturday forecast:

ZD7Qral.png

Tagyhag

Join us NorCal bros! And make sure to stay hydrated.

I'll be in Socal for the weekend.

I'm sure it'll be even hotter there.

Hotter than the Bay, yeah. We're towards the tail-end of a 100+ week.

Fortunately this is only the 2nd 100+ week of this entire summer so that's not too bad all things considered. Felt like we had an entire month and a half's worth last year.

ViciousDS

Banned
Cali gets heat wave

and Illinois has been averaging a low in temp this entire summer

I think we have only had to use our air conditioner maybe 4 times this year so far and its been averaging a beautiful low 70's for almost a month now with lows in the mid 50's.

Been a great summer here lol

Wet as shit though, its rained a fuck ton

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
ill take this 84 degree heatwave over here any day tbh

That's San Fran proper though. It's like the Manhattan of the bay area if it were one city. It stays much cooler because it's surrounded by Pacific water, much hotter inland. Imbfrom Austin so I know how to handle it but people out here dont.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I don't pay my rent price for 84 degree weather *kicks pressed juice*

Schrade

Have been enjoying some relatively below normal temps in the Bay Area this past week. Time to pay for it, I guess.

Y'all come to my house. It's on the foggy side of town, I keep four flavors of La Croix stocked in the fridge, and I can whoop y'all at Street Fighter

wenis

Have been enjoying some relatively below normal temps in the Bay Area this past week. Time to pay for it, I guess.

feel like we usually do every year. I'll just spend the weekend in the movie theater.

Leynos

Shit, I didn't realize that it was going to be that hot. It sucks because my air conditioner broke seven weeks ago, and my damn landlord still hasn't fixed it yet.

It looks like I am going to the beach this weekend.

It's gonna be 100+ for the next week or so. Just walking from my apt to my car is drenching me in sweat. Stay hydrated. I hope we have a cold winter lol

Fortunately this is only the 2nd 100+ week of this entire summer so that's not too bad all things considered. Felt like we had an entire month and a half's worth last year.

For real. Last summer tried to murder me, it just wouldn't stop. I was dying, I couldn't handle that shit. It started messing with my head.

This summer so far has been very kind in comparison. The pain ends on Sunday and then it's back to smooth sailing for a while. I can handle 90s, once it breaks 100 is when my hair starts turning grey. Just a couple more days to endure.

At least it;s not humid.

Dude it was raining last night and this morning in north OC. Humid as fuck. I don't even know where the rain came from, it's not normal. Life felt sticky. Hot rain is a bitch.

Lol,where was this kind of heat when I was visiting this state in the last ten days?

I had to wear long sleeves on some occasions, for crying out loud!

XiaNaphryz

All Time Record Highs or All time Record highs just for August/September?

Pure All Time Records being broken is scary

All-time records for some areas. Livermore's all-time high for example is 115, which matches the forecast for tomorrow. Walnut Creek isn't listed on the map but is just south of Concord, some forecasts have it going to be 118 tomorrow, their all-time high is also 115. The forecast for SF is nowhere near the record high there, but anything over 80 there feels a lot worse than it actually is for some reason.

KillerAJD

Fuuuuuckkk this heat! The last heat wave sucked ass! Especially when our AC broke down during hottest days...not fun. Luckily, my family and I are going to Pismo Beach for the Labor Day Weekend, and the weather looks like it'll be much less insane there.

wenis

Yeah it was 80% humidity last week in SF. It's no New Orleans but relatively speaking it was horrible. I was sweating for days. 85 in SF is also bad since most places don't have AC. I guess it's time to hang out in outer Richmond

I lucked out and live in the back of the apartment building so it's pure shade all day. Only time we get natural sunlight is in the morning. The front of the apartment on the other hand. WHEW.

That marine layer, lmao. I like how you can drive 40 miles to the coast in broad daylight and the temperature drops 30 degrees. Gotta love California.

At this point I'd be fine with this heatwave as long as it's actually hot in the morning like it is in Southern California sometimes. Meanwhile I gotta deal with freezing mornings and an eventually hot as fuck afternoon.

Tagyhag

This summer so far has been very kind in comparison. The pain ends on Sunday and then it's back to smooth sailing for a while. I can handle 90s, once it breaks 100 is when my hair starts turning grey. Just a couple more days to endure.

Yeah the difference that 10 degrees can make is staggering. It goes from "I need to find some shade" to "Nowhere is safe, my shoes are burning too"

XiaNaphryz

At this point I'd be fine with this heatwave as long as it's actually hot in the morning like it is in Southern California sometimes. Meanwhile I gotta deal with freezing mornings and an eventually hot as fuck afternoon.

When it's this hot for multiple consecutive days, the mornings usually start getting warm as well in the areas away from the coast. The low in my town is supposed to be in the 65-70 range the next few days, so I'd imagine it'll get pretty hot soon after sunrise.

geeko

Hahahaha, fuck this shit. This weekend is going to suck. To top it off, I have no AC. On the bright side, at least I don't live in Livermore or god forbid Tracy. Those poor fools are going to roast.

Dalek

I moved to Nor Cal to get AWAY from heat waves!

Any GAFfers need some AC you can come hang out at my place this weekend and play Mario + Rabbids with me.

Hahahaha, fuck this shit. This weekend is going to suck. To top it off, I have no AC. On the bright side, at least I don't live in Livermore or god forbid Tracy. Those poor fools are going to roast.

My wife and daughter are heading out to the Central Valley this weekend to see my in laws. Brutal.

All-time records for some areas. Livermore's all-time high for example is 115, which matches the forecast for tomorrow. Walnut Creek isn't listed on the map but is just south of Concord, some forecasts have it going to be 118 tomorrow, their all-time high is also 115. The forecast for SF is nowhere near the record high there, but anything over 80 there feels a lot worse than it actually is for some reason.

Thanks, this is sadly ironic as CA is one of the largest proponents of fighting Climate Change and yet it still impacts them just as hard

Top Bottom