• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF Bay Area/NorCal heat wave incoming - SF record high broken at 106° F

Good God today was hot but oddly enough, due to it being extremely dry in the Tri-Valley, 96F -> 107F -> 113F all felt the same lol.

So happy there is no humidity here in Dublin.

Holmes

Yeah it's 83 here. Fuuuuck. At least tomorrow is "only" supposed to reach 89.

I went to put some neosporin on my toe and the ointment had melted. It just dripped out of the tube without even squeezing it.

Aces&Eights

I'm up in Spokane WA and I'll trade you my 100 degrees tom with heavy smoke for 106 and air that doesn't make my eyes bleed and chest feel like I ate a campfire.

78 at almost 11pm now. Tomorrow is supposed to be thunderstorms, so it's going to be muggy and just shit.

Fuck I thought this was the LA thread. Oh well, fuck cali weather.

Holmes

I'm seeing 14 mph winds for tomorrow here compared to today's 2 mph, so if there could be a nice breeze along with a high of 89, I think the day could be bearable.

Ugh, so hard to sleep in this heat.

I'm currently staying with my aunt and uncle. They have an expensive place but don't want to get air conditioning.... I'm melting.

C4Lukins

Get air conditioners all of you.

I live in Texas, so it is a necessity. But when I spent two weeks in Europe and it was 80 degrees outside it was unbearable at the hotels.

Unless you are living in Syberia, get an air conditioner. Maybe you only have to use it two weeks out of the year, but it is still a good investment.

People die during heat waves even in the US because they are to cheap to buy a 200 dollar window unit.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
This fucking sucks. We're sitting in the dark to minimize heat from electronics in the apartment as much as possible. The portable AC we caved in and bought this summer (the only type that will fit / work in our apartment) can't keep up with it. The compressor keeps turning on for like 30 seconds and then back off for five minutes, so it's not helping one bit. I wish I could figure out why it won't keep running, but all the info online seems ambiguous. I think it's either running too hot and auto shutting off to avoid damaging itself, or we don't have sufficient power on the breaker for it to keep pace with running during this hot weather. In lower temps it runs constantly with no problems.

Meh.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Just had to rush to the vet hospital because one of our cats got heat stroke. It's awful, there's no way to cool the apartment down and nowhere has ACs in stock. I don't know what to do the rest of the weekend.

Hate to hear this. Hope your kitty is OK :(

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It's over. It's finally over.

Feels quite nice being under 80 degrees.
hQPY5Ei.png

It's still 100 in SJ. Won't be in the 80s until 9pm, it seems. :(

Maxinas

OOOOOOOO BABY! Just started raining here in HB, Orange County. What a relief after that shitty heat wave.

Edit: Lasted for 10 minutes. Expected, but better than nothing.

Top Bottom