• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF Bay Area/NorCal heat wave incoming - SF record high broken at 106° F

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
FUCK :(

84 at SF? Still too hot for me.

San Francisco microclimates are bonkers. If it was cold and foggy in Noe valley we would just walk down the street to the Mission for some blazing sunshine.

It once snowed on our deck in Diamond heights, and I got sunburned the same day at The Ramp.

louiedog

Thanks, REI, for so far failing to ship the warm weather clothes I ordered on Monday that you told me would be here on Friday.

Madness

All Time Record Highs or All time Record highs just for August/September?

Pure All Time Records being broken is scary

In BC almost every summer we are having record hears being broken. Parts of the interiors almost touching 40 degrees celsius near the end of August. Won't be long till California becomes essentially desert type conditions, and BC essentially becomes what NorCal is now. Our winter frosts not long enough to kill pine beetles which are killing trees which then dry out and die and become easy tinder for wildfires which have been so massive almost all of washington and oregon was enveloped with our smoke for weeks.

Even a small change in degrees is causing havoc. And the climate change deniers have won. They have created just enough controversy and obfuscation that even seemingly intelligent individuals deny any human impact in the face of facts and observations. Because it doesn't impact them. Who cares hundreds of thousands of islanders and third worlders on coastal areas likely to die when they can relax in their suburban gated home with central A/C and get their tans on in the increased sun.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Fall came early this year.

Can't wait until stuff starts burning...

I wonder if the hurricane has anything to do with this?

Thankfully my overpriced 850 sq ft condo cools down pretty quickly with AC.

Now the question is, do I leave it running 24/7 to maintain temperatures? Or only when it gets extreme hmm

AcridMeat

Banned
Think I'll park in a garage tomorrow... fuuuuck

I have to drive down to Sunnyvale after work too gahd

No A/C in my apartment. I forsee a naked weekend.

KillerAJD

When it's this hot for multiple consecutive days, the mornings usually start getting warm as well in the areas away from the coast. The low in my town is supposed to be in the 65-70 range the next few days, so I'd imagine it'll get pretty hot soon after sunrise.

Yeah, the last heat wave got it to where we were sitting in near 90 degree heat in the middle of the night when the AC conked out. Even with every single door and window open, it just never cooled down. It was fucking miserable. Obviously, it wasn't that hot outside the entire evening, but it was close enough that outside didn't feel like any kind of escape other than sitting in a cold shower.

Pymwuj2.png

Bay Area's weather is cooler compared to Central Valley. I heard SoCal is much hotter.

Was going to say that I'm glad I'm out of town on an impulse, but SLC is still way warmer than SF this week... Oh no, SF is 80 something degrees and I don't have to carry a hoodie today.

RIP North, South and East Bay though.

Thank god I'll be in an air-conditioned office for most of the day, but after that, uhg. Neither my classroom nor the lab room below it have AC, and we'll be stuck in there until at least 8pm lol

pablito

So disappointing. August was feeling like the cooler of the two mega hot months with some of the 80s days we had (NorCal valley) but it seems like we're getting more 100+ days overall.

Winter save us.

Tagyhag

This shit better cool down before my vacation to Disneyland in 2.5 weeks.

You'll more than likely be alright. September is cooler than August and meteorologists were saying that this is the last week of extreme heat until next summer.

Still though, expect 90's.

That said, just go to The Cove in California Adventure and enjoy some drinks! :D

smokey5604

Neo Member
I live in the Central Valley and this recent heat has been killer on my body, I burn easy in sunlight (whitest person on the planet) and anything above 95 degrees makes my stomach curdle. This next week is going to be a living hell for me :/

Meatfist

I live in the Central Valley and this recent heat has been killer on my body, I burn easy in sunlight (whitest person on the planet) and anything above 95 degrees makes my stomach curdle. This next week is going to be a living hell for me :/

Your stomach must be in curdle mode 24/7, I don't remember the last time we dropped below 90 here in Fresno.

I'm going to Tahoe for the weekend but it's not much better :(

smokey5604

Neo Member
Your stomach must be in curdle mode 24/7, I don't remember the last time we dropped below 90 here in Fresno.

I'm going to Tahoe for the weekend but it's not much better :(

Any time that isnt between April-August is usually pretty tolerable where I live with Fall averages of about 75-80 degrees and getting much lower in Winter. Spring and Summer is the bane of my existence. So yeah, I got stomach problems haha.

milanbaros

Member?
I love the understanding SF gets when it hits 84 but when London passes 30+ the whole world is laughing.

I feel you cousin SF, it is bad.

Somewhere near Redding...

Waking up this morning....

giphy.gif

"FUCK THIS SHIT!"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It's only the sixth or seventh heat wave warning in the area this summer... it's fine.. it's fine...

zoku88

What a waste of a long weekend.

Also how many heat waves are we getting this summer? I feel like it usually isn't this bad.

Leynos

Y'all come to my house. It's on the foggy side of town, I keep four flavors of La Croix stocked in the fridge, and I can whoop y'all at Street Fighter

I moved to Nor Cal to get AWAY from heat waves!

Any GAFfers need some AC you can come hang out at my place this weekend and play Mario + Rabbids with me.

My wife and daughter are heading out to the Central Valley this weekend to see my in laws. Brutal.

Don't tempt me, I don't have air conditioning this summer, and it is going to be over 110° where I live.

Neonep

I live damn near in the center of this. This is going to be some ol' bullshit. No reason for it to be this hot.

Linkura

You'll more than likely be alright. September is cooler than August and meteorologists were saying that this is the last week of extreme heat until next summer.

Still though, expect 90's.

That said, just go to The Cove in California Adventure and enjoy some drinks! :D

Yeah, even just a little cool down would be great. I'm not expecting a huge shift, but it'd be nice to be thrown a bone here. I also hope the humidity calms down a bit. This is our first trip to Disneyland- the humidity is fucking killer at WDW.

Astrael

It's only 85 in Berkeley right now and I'm already over it. Not going to enjoy this holiday weekend unless I can find some AC lol

jamsy

As someone who lives in SF in the outer sunset and sees the sun approximately 4 times a year, I don't care about you all, GIVE ME THE HEAT.

Top Bottom