• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

show me the absolute WORST character design you can think of

LKSmash

cb5.gif

Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out.gif

I will not take this disparaging of my favorite FF game

IX is my least favorite by some margin. It's exacerbated by looking at his stupid outfit and knowing he shares the name of one of my all time favorite footballers.

We have this thread a lot and I always come to the conclusion that I have a high tolerance for crazy designs.

Also I can understand people not liking Tracer as a character, but her design is incredible.

Only one I REALLY agree with is Dust... I can't stand the humanoid anime animals.

OmegaX

I feel to see how them wearing blindfold is as bad as Quiet being almost naked.

Well, I'll put it this way:
Its a combat visor. Think Microsoft HoloLens.
It's not as bad. I'm just saying that even if there is a reason why the blindfolds exists, it doesn't make them look any less stupid.
Reading the actual explanation doesn't help. There is no reason why they have to look how they look. I can think of dozens of game characters that use similar gear, and none of them look like a sex slave in a BDSM dungeon.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

I liked FFIX quite a bit and I even like Zidane's character. He's a cool guy. But yea his design is bad in a game full of badly designed characters. Certainly VII and VIII had some goofy designs here and there (especially VIII) but the characters generally still looked cool. But IX and X dropped the ball in that department.

FvTU5JC.png

PSqueak

Banned
Montana- Battleborn

You know, im sick of seeing people shitting on montana due to the stylization, there are a lot of things to critizice Battleborn's designs for (i mean, look at the pile of shit they call "Kelvin") but Montana is not one of them.

People who make fun of his tiny head always baffle me because that's a stylistic choice, it reminds me of Spider-man the animated series, when Captian america comes back some retired superheroes comeback to action and one of them is a cartoonist who is talking to a young cartoonist drawing the thing and he comments how "his head is smaller than his hands" and the kid just says "that's how you draw super heroes nowadays" and it's true! a lot of strong characters follow that pattern, i mean Reinhardt's head in Overwatch is tiny and his hands are huge, Montana just took the style to a humorous levels.

But most importantly, Montana actually is a very cleverly designed videogame character.

Montana has a distinctive shape, even in a silhoutte he'd be identifiable and in gameplay you see montana and you instantly recognize him, the same cannot be said about many other characters in the game that can easily be mistaken for each other.

Montana tells you everything about his gameplay just by looking at him: He's a huge guy with a minigun, you can [correctly] deduct he's a tank that is slow and is meant to absorb and deal damage.

Even his tiny head serves his gameplay purpose, since he's harder to Crit and thus he can be a Tank.

So i dunno why people shit on him, he's not even remotely close to be the worst design, he even isn't scratching the surface of the worst Battleborn has to offer.

Castef

Banned
Papa Nier is perfect

This.

He is an excellent character (in a game I consider mediocre) and at the time he became the object of a mix of console-war and ideology war.

Made me reconsider a lot of people and their way to "live" videogames.

Not the worst, but I've always been impressed how unappealing they managed to make the diverse cast of Battleborn.

battleborn.jpg

This picture brings up the same feelings as when I see a picture of grass on a lawn. I don't hate it, but it has so little effect on me, I just sort of ignore it.

nkarafo

Many designs are bad because of too much clutter. Why is that artists like to add so much random "stuff" on the outfits? To make them feel more "detailed" and justify their paycheck or something?

Top Bottom