• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show Off Your Gaming Collection

IrishNinja

older pics - ive since added an XRGB mini, Game Gear & Neo Geo X Gold, but here's how it looks (shots are rough but eh)

VsXxKG2.jpg

Sega shelf (Ryo statue later this year!)

Nintendo shelf (added a R.O.B. up top since)

Genesis shelf

Master System shelf

SNES shelf

NES shelf

Sony/MS shelf

VanWinkle

older pics - ive since added an XRGB mini, Game Gear & Neo Geo X Gold, but here's how it looks (shots are rough but eh)

Genesis shelf

Master System shelf

SNES shelf

NES shelf

Sony/MS shelf

Great collection. Are you not a big fan of the current gen consoles, though? You're collection is beastly except for having little to no current gen games.

goldenpp72

I like your setup Gintoki313, do you happen to have a set that is capable of using lightguns at all? Not sure if you're into that genre but when I build my own game room, my biggest concern is how I set it up in a way that I can get optimal video quality while also being able to play my lightgun shooters..

Yes Boss!

Damn Irish,

That looks amazing.

I especially like the Powerglove! I'm thinking about doing something similar but getting the Famicom version of ROB as a gameroom ornament.

IrishNinja

Great collection. Are you not a big fan of the current gen consoles, though? You're collection is beastly except for having little to no current gen games.

ah, the pics were just for the retro threads...it's grainy, but if you look at the top shots of the overall shelves, you should see all the Wii-U, Wii & 3DS games, and on the black shelf onna right, the first shelf is all PS3.
i admittedly sold a large # of my 360 titles when i got onto steam as well!

Damn Irish,

That looks amazing.

I especially like the Powerglove! I'm thinking about doing something similar but getting the Famicom version of ROB as a gameroom ornament.

thanks man! yeah, i doubt either the glove or R.O.B. work (actually i'm certain about the latter; he was $20 on ebay because he'd been gutted for parts, heh) but that's okay, gaming on a plasma means lots of things like zappers/etc wont work at the moment, and as you said, i just wanted him as an ornament anyway, heh

Excellent collections, GAF! Love this thread.

Here are my pics.

Background: PC/X360/PS3 owner. This gen, X360 was my system of choice, but I bought PS3 only for exclusives and games that are noticeably better on it than the X360 (FFXIII comes to mind).
Overall, I'm really happy with all the machines and I enjoy gaming to the fullest.
...backlog am cry, though. :)

So here we go, the X360 collection:

iHURSUPXAHvV2.jpg

ibxjv5VSL1bE8a.jpg

iFy6Y4KOHHV38.jpg

Next stop, PS3 games:

ibo1y51YxCMK0M.jpg

And to the right of the PS3 games, Xbox 1:

iEMsjNAuBhBEN.jpg

PC retail games. The black box next to Dark Souls: Durante Edition is The Witcher 2.

irfbVsSn1BxJd.jpg

And I'm closing this with Steam:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Something I've noticed lately, there seems to be a decent portion of Gaf that just straight up doesn't mess with handheld games.

Something I've noticed lately, there seems to be a decent portion of Gaf that just straight up doesn't mess with handheld games.
I never owned a handheld. Don't know why honestly...
I am (SERIOUSLY) considering buying a 3DS XL and/or Vita in the near future. Then again, I'll be upgrading my PC to Haswell in Fall and next gen consoles are on the horizon so I don't know if there will be room for handhelds.

The games on display on my book shelf was getting a bit out of hand. So I recently cleaned up/organized everything. It's nothing much, but I'm still proud of it.

I'm trying to find some older GBC/GBA/NES/SNES games, but boxed copies are hard to come by nowadays, don't like paying more than a few euros for cartridge only copies.
WuYE4O9.jpg

What remained on the bookshelf - Mostly games I want to (re)play/finish before next-gen comes around.

ews73SM.jpg

My current gen stuffs - PS3, Vita, 3DS.

CfCjWvu.jpg

My boxed older stuff - MegaDrive, SNES, PS1, N64, GBC, GBA, PS1, DreamCast, PSP, NDS, PS2, GameCube and a PC game.

TNbSkqN.jpg

Cartridge only shelf - NES, SNES, N64, GB. Also some older consoles/handhelds.

MadmanUK

Some man-cave pics. I've sold probably 60-70% of my games over the past few years but have bought a new car, PC and home cinema set-up with the proceeds.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Seik

Banned
Wow, MadmanUK, I love your displays, especially that one with your handheld. (And wow, you have like 4 fat PS2. ;_;)

I want that MSH vs SF poster! :p

Lots of nice collections here, it's beautiful!

Seik ima rob you <3

Haha! :D

Please don't! D:

Himself

Some of you guys are killing me. I was so close to selling off all but the 5-10 games I absolutely love for each system, but some of the shelves ypu guys have are glorious.

For those of you who own like 10 games: do you just play the same games all the time? Rent a lot? Not play games much?

For those with 10,000 games: how often do you bust out the old stuff? Do you ever hate yourself? I own like 250 games and sometimes get so disgusted I want to sell em all except the few very near and dear. But then something tells me not to.

Seik

Banned
For those with 10,000 games: how often do you bust out the old stuff? Do you ever hate yourself? I own like 250 games and sometimes get so disgusted I want to sell em all except the few very near and dear. But then something tells me not to.

I play old stuff (GBA, PSX, Saturn) on a regular basis.

I get out the older stuff (NES, GEN, N64, SNES) when my blood shows an augmented alcohol percentage. It's funny because most of the time I take a minute to look at everything and be like ''Daaaayuuum'' and start to looks at boxes like Killer Instinct, SoM and Chrono Trigger.

Then I look at my friends and I'm like ''SEE GUYS, THIS IS A REEEAAAL GAME!! NOT SHIT LIKE FFXIII'' *Holding FF3 (VI)*

EDIT: And no I don't hate myself, au contraire, it feels so good and convenient to have every games you'll want to play at hand. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
207702_10151222938178883_1792784361_n.jpg

Picture I took during the Holidays. This is one corner of my living room. I'm lazy. I have arcade sticks everywhere.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I play old stuff (GBA, PSX, Saturn) on a regular basis.

I get out the older stuff (NES, GEN, N64, SNES) when my blood shows an augmented alcohol percentage. It's funny because most of the time I take a minute to look at everything and be like ''Daaaayuuum'' and start to looks at boxes like Killer Instinct, SoM and Chrono Trigger.

Then I look at my friends and I'm like ''SEE GUYS, THIS IS A REEEAAAL GAME!! NOT SHIT LIKE FFXIII'' *Holding FF3 (VI)*

Maaaaaan old school stuff is the best when you're tanked.

207702_10151222938178883_1792784361_n.jpg

Picture I took during the Holidays. This is one corner of my living room. I'm lazy. I have arcade sticks everywhere.

How many arcade sticks are you up to now? Last count I heard was like... what... 40-50?

I have just over 1000 games in my collection and I have spurts of heavy buying where I buy a lot of older games and then quiet times where I don't buy much at all. The times that I buy the most are when I am away from my collection for any period of time, like now waiting to move everything is boxed up and I'm browsing for something to add to the collection. Months when there are a lot of new game releases I don't collect the older stuff. I always buy intending to play though there are games that I haven't opened yet because I'm not in the mood.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
For those of you who own like 10 games: do you just play the same games all the time? Rent a lot? Not play games much?
I've actually purchased a decent number of games in the past few months, it's just that none of them have held my interest. When I finish a game though, I almost always sell it, since I very rarely replay games and I prefer to only own things that I have some sort of emotional attachment to, and there are very few games I've played that are anything more than good entertainment. If I really have the desire to replay something I no longer own, games can always be rented or bought used. I have the same approach to books and movies though--I have a bit of envy looking at these photos, but all in all, I dislike being surrounded by stuff.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Some of you guys are killing me. I was so close to selling off all but the 5-10 games I absolutely love for each system, but some of the shelves ypu guys have are glorious.

Never understood the idea of "hating myself" over owning a library (I don't get quite the same reaction to my book library as I do my game one). Whenever I'm in the mood for a certain game or type of game, I only have to look for it and start playing it. I couldn't do that if I only owned a handful of titles that I'm currently playing.

I dislike being surrounded by stuff.

I love being surrounded by stuff, so it always amuses me when people tell me I'd be much happier if I sold it all off and lived a minimalist lifestyle. For me having no stuff is not freeing. It brings me comfort and joy having all my stuff around me.

I have about the same amount of games that you do, however I never get disgusted. Quite the opposite. I love to sit down and be nostalgic, have a look at some games and living some memories. Feeling proud over the collection and remembering how each and every game has a story to tell and has some amount (small or large) of influence on my life. I don't understand why anyone would hate himself for owning a lot of games. It's a hobby or even a life-style to be a gamer. We also live in a world where consumerism is necessary so hey, we, the collectors, are what drives our society forwards.

pictures and stuff

Those Zelda paintings are really cool. I have a whole bunch of Zelda posters; Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword a huge Twilight Princess poster and also that enormous fan art that was posted online some time ago, but it looks so much more professional to frame them like that. Hopefully I'll do the same when I move somewhere bigger.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
ok holy shit didnt know it would take this many pictures anyway heres a deathwall

Atari 2600
2600_zps776a071f.jpg

NES (added 16 games since this pic was taken)
wallogames_zps0b596f47.jpg

SNES
snes1_zps252470dc.jpg

snes2_zpsfa2dcdbf.jpg

snes3_zps5bad8394.jpg

snes4_zps8c764c2e.jpg

PS1
ps1games_zps8ad3ac47.jpg

Master System
mastersystem_zpsd95b8353.jpg

Genesis
gen3_zps0cae0938.jpg

gen4_zpsd12fb476.jpg

gen5_zps3b1b3aac.jpg

gen6_zps9c68771d.jpg

genesis1_zps2e1433f6.jpg

genesis2_zpscd14b850.jpg

genesis3_zpse69f3fff.jpg

genesis4_zpsb911b937.jpg

32X (forgot to add corpse killer)
32x_zps931c5feb.jpg

Sega CD
segacd_zpsc9f374f4.jpg

the voot sticks are saturn
segacdsaturnvoot_zps54dfdaf9.jpg

Saturn
saturn_zps4e6b3734.jpg

saturn2_zpsdd3e0f33.jpg

JP Saturn
jpsaturn_zps6686b3ca.jpg

N64
n641_zpsfd366b77.jpg

n642_zpsd69a0143.jpg

3DO
3do_zps54e9a535.jpg

PC Engine
draculamacross.jpg

Neogeo CD
neogeocd_zps63286d7c.jpg

Dreamcast
dc_zpsa82ffc9a.jpg

gamecube (big boxed odama and zelda 4 swords missing from pic forgot to add them)
gccollection_zpse026a4f0.jpg

360_zps66d0cc75.jpg

Wii/PS3
wiips3_zps1ecda84c.jpg

game boxes :p
boxes_zps8761e247.jpg

DS/3DS
ds3ds_zpsfaf36ba9.jpg

Gameboy
gb_zps150dba5f.jpg

edit: forgot to dig out my ps2 stuff

Seik

Banned
God damn Rygar. :O

Respect, man, respect.

It's fun to see your collections guys, I knew some of you had a lot, but seeing the real thing is great.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
How many arcade sticks are you up to now? Last count I heard was like... what... 40-50?

lol, I'm not sure if you're trolling me or not? I'm at over 365+ last I counted (a few months ago). I add new ones to the collection every month.

Someone post an extensive Final Fantasy collection pls.

Love seeing that shit lined up.

I didn't include the original NES FF because it's two states away from me currently. I realize it's not "extensive" by any measure, but I'm not really a huge FF fan. Still, it was interesting seeing the games that I have all together.

CyXDRdo.jpg

Yes Boss!

Wow, great stuff in here!

HEAVY HITTERS.

You guys inspired me and I'm spending a few hours this morning cleaning a reorganizing my little collection.

One day we will get to see MarkMan's entire stick collection. I can't imagine 365 sticks. Good lord!

Brofield

Genesis shelf

Master System shelf

SNES shelf

NES shelf

Sony/MS shelf

I have to know, where did you acquire that Nintendo shelf/sign?

I know I have a decent collection, but it feels so underwhelming in presentation compared to what you guys have.

Soon as I get my own place and can spare a room for media/entertainment, collecting everything there, and gonna put it all on display.

megalowho

Not complete (most older stuff is packed away, PS3 stayed with the family) and by no means a collector, but here's what made it to the end of this generation in boxed form for me:

i5rmaQKfhFQIb.jpg
ibttg8MalOK6dt.jpg
ibyEBBzTRHaD9P.jpg

Neff

Posting because I just passed the 700 mark and running out of storage in a bad way.
I pretty much just started collecting for PS3, but there's like twice as many games for that I still need.
Mostly Nintendo and Sony, Sega in third, and one Xbox game (Panzer Dragoon Orta).
However, apparently this means nothing and I'm "part of the problem" according to Cliff Blizzinsky. He's sort of right because I don't own any of his games, I guess.

x2 perfect hyper combo finish

kamspy

Every gaming related thing I own now is on a 1TB Seagate HDD.

Kinda bittersweet. I've owned every console and handheld except for Vita, 3DS and Wii U. Of those, the only one I kinda want is a 3DS. But the thought of buying any platform without full length games for $5-$10 just puts me off. Went to price a 3DSXL and ended up close to $350 with just a couple basic games.

Kilrathi

Pre-hd optical media controllers
URTzrl.jpg

Saturn Imports, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Dreamcast imports, Special controllers
9XnGml.jpg

Saturn games are in the slim jewel cases (the big box break too easy),Xbox,GCN, and More PS2
zVLjNl.jpg

Optical media consoles, pre-HD era
s5uFTl.jpg

DDR Metal pad for PS2
XG9vll.jpg

PC with small box games (Out of date, PC has a sound blaster z in it now and uses AD700 headphones)
qPXXJl.jpg

PS3 and 360 games collection (needs to be updated I have added around 30 games to collection since then)
Q6ZRql.jpg

more 360 games
guRABl.jpg

Top Bottom