• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show Off Your Gaming Collection

ZsJodPN.jpg

My fiancée has about 5 or 6 of my 360 games at her apartment so those are missing.

Still looking for a good website to catalogue this stuff.

I will never understand why people need specific websites to keep track of their games. Notepad is excellent. It's simple, it's fast, it's on your computer and up to you to decide the layout. I work with Word a lot but for my game collection Notepad is the best.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I will never understand why people need specific websites to keep track of their games. Notepad is excellent. It's simple, it's fast, it's on your computer and up to you to decide the layout. I work with Word a lot but for my game collection Notepad is the best.

Easy way to show it off to others? Easier to navigate?

I actually really like Backloggery just to keep track of my games, not to just keep track of the games I haven't played yet.

Easy way to show it off to others? Easier to navigate?

I actually really like Backloggery just to keep track of my games, not to just keep track of the games I haven't played yet.

Yeah, I find it to be really easy to navigate. It's also really quick and can be accessed with having to be always-online. As for showing it to others, sure, if you feel a need to always have others see your list then maybe Backloggery suits you well, but if you just want to show your list to someone you can just send the txt-file or ctrl+c and ctrl+v it into a mail. The txt-file is so small it'll take a few seconds at most do download anyhow.

Yes Boss!

Spent the last few hours cleaning up my closet and making it a space to hold all my games in a more orderly method. Prior, most had been in drawers and not too easily accessible.

This is probably half my game collection because the other half is in California.

Little closet:

360 titles. Most of my J-360 titles are not here:

PS3 stuff:

PSP, DC, PC Engine, PS2, XBOX, PC:

Saturn stuff and Wii U:

My little PC Engine and mini Stick:

DS, 3DS, Wii:

Kinect (Ha!):

Cave PCBs (and Bollies!):

Supergun:

Some arcade systems for the cabinets:

My portable games I keep in a lunchbox:

Drawer with my controllers:

Yes Boss!

Didn't realize you had an Atomiswave and a PGM... damn...

Got the Atomiswave years back. Only have Fist of the North Star. The collector's market is riddled with bootlegs now so it has been hard to find a real Dolphin Blue. The system at VGA is a total mindfuck how stunning the sprites and polygons are. Probably the most amazing thing I've seen gaming-wise.

And sadly, some issue with my PGM mobo where the sprites break up after the game spools for a few minutes. Gonna have to replace the board to play Demon Front.

No games for the MVS other than my Multicart. The multicart is a bit jank though with a lot of games not working and issues on many more. My first MVS game is going to be Nam 1975.

Next arcade system for my is going to be a Naomi, Drive and Net Dimm, Capcom IO and I want to get all the G.rev games. They are all fairly reasonable. None go over $400, not even Under Defeat.

eXistor

Notepad or whatever works if you want to keep it simple, sure. I used to use Playfire before it went to shit and it was great: you had box-art, you could easily add ratings, add reviews and it looked nice.

Yes, I'd like to show the list to people, same as I'm showing my game room in this thread. I'm proud of my collection and I don't mind showing it to people that are interested in it and I want to make sure the list looks nice, not just boring text. Presentation is a big part of what makes the hobby fun for me.

IrishNinja

Seik nevermind, i gotta rob Rygar now, holy crap

my man lunch keeps it simple but has all the right games, haha

MadmanUK your collection is dope but for the love of god dont let majora's mask statue fall! shit is making me nervous

(also i never even saw that minish poster, nice)

eXistor - i use backloggery, it's great for some HOLY SHIT YOUR EARTHBOUND TRIBUE IS SO LOVELY~

Maaaaaan old school stuff is the best when you're tanked.

preach!

I have to know, where did you acquire that Nintendo shelf/sign?

its an ikea billy bookcase i painted red (blue sega one just came the right shade for me), the sign is a dude on ebay who does custom work but puts that old school logo one out for like $20, which is great for the detail i think. don't bother looking for actual old retail display signs; they go for hundreds!

Some REALLY impressive collections. I just hope most of you have home owners insurance lol

you know, i keep meaning to look into that

Kainazzo

Your fucking SNES collection man... I love it so much.

Thanks! Picked up most of them in the 90s', there's a lot of Christmas/birthday gifts in there. A few others I picked up from Gamefellas around ~2000 when SNES prices were at rock bottom. Funny thing, the carrying boxes are actually for the NES, but I've never used them for it. All in all, they're my favorite part of the collection; the SNES was my first console, and definitely my last if I ever had to sell anything.

Thanks! Picked up most of them in the 90s', there's a lot of Christmas/birthday gifts in there. A few others I picked up from Gamefellas around ~2000 when SNES prices were at rock bottom. Funny thing, the carrying boxes are actually for the NES, but I've never used them for it. All in all, they're my favorite part of the collection; the SNES was my first console, and definitely my last if I ever had to sell anything.

I must ask you, due to quality I wasn't able to decipher what one of the games were. I know you have Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia (you're awesome for that), was one of the games you have in your possession also E.V.O?

crpav

Here are my games not including digital version:

http://imgur.com/a/eUceI

here is the original collection I uploaded but all sideways for some reason. This version has them in the correct order by system:

http://imgur.com/a/BUewH

Throughout my lifetime of gaming I have had and sold the original Gameboy and several games, my original Dreamcast and all the games I had for it, original PSP and a few games, first Playstation and a launch X Box. Also destroyed original NES and ROB because the NES stpped working and I was young and stupidly destructive.

My meager collection is spread in various locations throughout the house...

360, Gamecube, PS2, PS1 and Dreamcast are all in the main gaming area in the basement:
photo1-1_zps26f645fa.jpg

Wii stuff is under the TV in the family room (bleeds over into the blu-ray basket):
photo4-1_zpsf88bd76d.jpg

N64 has been moved to the living room for my daughter to play with:
photo-1_zpsf73fd478.jpg

and DS and PSP games are in the computer room closet with my hockey jerseys:
photo3-1_zps2ffce56e.jpg

Kainazzo

I must ask you, due to quality I wasn't able to decipher what one of the games were. I know you have Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia (you're awesome for that), was one of the games you have in your possession also E.V.O?

Sure is! Picked that up at a clearance sale for $15 when they were shifting space for the PS2.

Looking at eBay, I very much regret tossing the box now >_>.

Swarley

Plenty of PS3 and Xbox 360 games. Been starting to purchase older games (Xbox, PS1, NES, SNES and Genesis) over the last couple of months. Usually pick up a couple of things every time I go to the vintage media store.

Why? Do you just buy every game that comes out regardless of what it is, or did you steal a shipping container that was full of them?

I'm a big fan of Jrpgs and the Vita, so I do tend to pickup more games for it. Used prices on Vita games in HK are not bad, maybe ~$35 USD or so for many games

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Brofield

its an ikea billy bookcase i painted red (blue sega one just came the right shade for me), the sign is a dude on ebay who does custom work but puts that old school logo one out for like $20, which is great for the detail i think. don't bother looking for actual old retail display signs; they go for hundreds!

I need to find this guy, especially if he is doing it for $20. I was trying to find those store signs and very nearly spent $280 on one, haha

Philia

A few years old, we sold some games (ps1 and gba) but we still have this awesome shelf. Its not HUGE or too small, its perfect. <3

I've updated! That pic previous is a very old pic by a few years or so... (MORE than that...) I've been meaning to get around to taking a new one so here it is! We've sold a ton, rented a lot, bought more digital and curbed our spending habits massively, so this overall contributed to a smaller (AND MANAGEABLE) collection. :)

Okay, I'm finally getting off my lazy ass and taking new, more updated pictures and adding them to my Minus account (like I said I would on the first page): http://kdash31987.minus.com/mCtAKErQGGsCM

For now, here are all of my current consoles and handhelds:

Besides the PlayStation and Commodore 64, everything there is hooked up and ready to go at any moment (except for during the time I was taking this picture, of course.)

I do hook up the Commodore 64 every once in a while, but it takes up too much space and I don't have a permanent place for it anywhere. This is how I use it for now:

I'll probably be taking new pictures all day, so keep an eye out for those...

EDIT: Starting to add pictures of games. Not sure if I should post them right here, or just keep it all on my Minus page.

Fox Mulder

I use notepad and have it in Dropbox for me to look at anywhere. I've tried to keep up with a spreadsheet, but simplicity really is better.

crpav

Here is my collection:

http://imgur.com/a/BUewH

http://imm/a/eUcegur.coI

First link is my original upload which is sideways for some reason and the second was fixed by someone but not i my original order.

Not included is Steam collection and other online services. Also not included are recent pickups like MLB 13, The Last of Us, Pandor'as Tower, Bioshock Infinite premium edition and maybe a few others I can't recall.

Wow my steam account is not that crazy, but I am going to have to import all of my old games into steam so I can have an organized list to share. Sadly all of my 32bit and older console games are what I could rip from my old collection before I had to consolidate space with the wife 10 years ago. I will have my stuff listed up sometime this weekend. :)

207702_10151222938178883_1792784361_n.jpg

Picture I took during the Holidays. This is one corner of my living room. I'm lazy. I have arcade sticks everywhere.

Do you remember wher you got the glass door display case on the left side of your pic? I'm looking for that exact finish and size.

edit: bah, nevermind, I see that it's a full entertainment cabinet. The search continues...

Top Bottom