• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show Off Your Gaming Collection

CPCunha

Awesome pics Zapher... it always kills me to see weird stuff like the GC mic... i was doing bad on money when the Wii came out so i traded tons of GC stuff to get it day one and i regret it alot. Odama was so weird, and the mario party games i shared with friends will always be on my memories.

<3 GC

I love these threads. Not because I have a huge collection, in fact mine is quite paltry in comparison, but because seeing how massive some collections here are make me feel better about the amount I spend on videogames, which I consider to be wasteful in isolation.

I really have no idea how you justfy owning that many games, especially if you payed full price for most, the cost must be ridiculous, no matter how much you earn.

crpav

I love these threads. Not because I have a huge collection, in fact mine is quite paltry in comparison, but because seeing how massive some collections here are make me feel better about the amount I spend on videogames, which I consider to be wasteful in isolation.

I really have no idea how you justfy owning that many games, especially if you payed full price for most, the cost must be ridiculous, no matter how much you earn.

Nobody should have to justify anything. It's a hobby, a collecting hobby. Some people buy and collect cars, sports cards, stamps, coins and whatever. A difference of opinion I guess but why does it bother you?

Nobody should have to justify anything. It's a hobby, a collecting hobby. Some people buy and collect cars, sports cards, stamps, coins and whatever. A difference of opinion I guess but why does it bother you?

Because I am very conservative with spending money in general. I could never spend thousands on any form of entertainment in the same manner some in here feel no way to do.

It would feel like a colossal waste of money.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

How is this not threadshitting?

Yes Boss!

Because I am very conservative with spending money in general. I could never spend thousands on any form of entertainment in the same manner some in here feel no way to do.

It would feel like a colossal waste of money.

But I'm sure there are other things you spend a lot of money on...car, house, condo, or anything else.

Also, kinda poor to just look at the hobby as solely a form of "entertainment." Some folks using gaming/collecitng as far more than just entertainment. Most people who collect simply just enjoy the medium and everything about it.

Seik

Banned
In my case I waited for good deals in auctions or at the flea market most of the time.

My collection is worth way more than what the cash I invested in it, that was the goal.

I justify it by the fact that nothing feels better than having a big library to be able to play whatever I want whenever I want. Complete old school games are always a pleasure to look at.

But I'm sure there are other things you spend a lot of money on...car, house, condo, or anything else.

Also, kinda poor to just look at the hobby as solely a form of "entertainment." Some folks using gaming/collecitng as far more than just entertainment. Most people who collect simply just enjoy the medium and everything about it.

Thats my point. A house, car or condo have utility value. They justify their expense much better. And please don't think im shitting on your choices, I personally cannot see videogames as anything more than the form of entertainment I am primarily invested in. I didn't mean to offend.

Yes Boss!

Thats my point. A house, car or condo have utility value. They justify their expense much better. And please don't think im shitting on your choices, I personally cannot see videogames as anything more than the form of entertainment I am primarily invested in. I didn't mean to offend.

Nah, no offense. I'm not a big collector anyways.

I think you are getting a bit hung up on "justify." Not everything needs to build equity or have resale. I mean, I' sure you've traveled or vacationed. That costs thousands. Personally, it is more of an educational thing for me rather than entertainment. Really just how I've always treated things...cooking, making cheese, building RC planes, even watching movies, or whatever.

I dunno, I don't make a lot of money but I also don't really see the value in a car so I don't have one. I kinda just use that $500 monthly for games.

Is anyone else like me, where they get overwhelmed when they have much too play? My collection is like 12 ps3 games and a system.

Mazre

Moved recently so my collection is a bigger mess than usual.

Wide shot of most of my games.
F8ihKiT.jpg
A subset of my DS titles.
Bulk of the PS3 collection
Lot of PS1 and import Saturn stuff + odds/ends
Wii Games
SNES + NES
NES + ATARI2600

Not pictured, steam/360/PS2/N64/GB/GBA/PSP/VITA/various other loose titles

Definitely need to take some time, get some shelves and organize this stuff now that I have more space.

Awesome pics Zapher... it always kills me to see weird stuff like the GC mic... i was doing bad on money when the Wii came out so i traded tons of GC stuff to get it day one and i regret it alot. Odama was so weird, and the mario party games i shared with friends will always be on my memories.

<3 GC

Thanks, I actually traded all my gameboy and N64 stuff to pay for my Ps2 but I stopped doing that after I got the Gamecube.

My Retro Collection Area in my Dining Nook turned Game room.

I do have a PS3 on the 32" panel but I rarely game on it. Its mostly a Netflix machine though I will probably do more video capture with it for my Youtube channel I neglect. That is a rocket fish power conditioner next to the PS2 on the top shelf of the panel tv's entertainment center with a mono price component 4 port switch.

I have my main PS3, 360 and Wii U on my AV racks in the living room with my 3D TV. Flipping the living room around so I will edit later with the final product.

I keep all my other games in my closet. Minus the few games I am working through on the living room consoles the majority of my collection is in my walk in closet.

Row 1 of the PC games ( yes that is multiple copies of the original EVE Online retail edition )

Row 2 and the EVE Card Game

beast786

My fav in my collection:

many game and watch handhelds
Uncharted 2 fortune hunter edition
Uncharted folio
PSX white one exclusive to Japan

I rarely pay full price. I am an enterprise software developer so I don't exactly scrape by but I don't exactly make a fortune. I could earn twice as much if I left the south, for example. My collection is definitely a labor of love though. One day when I am married and with kids my hope is that I won't need to buy stuffs often and rely on what I do have and work the backlog of justice until the kids hit college.

The secret is to buy smart. I use cag, I worked the hell out of best buys @gamer system in its prime and I bought in late to the ps2 RPGs and the wii library when they were fire selling. Half the ps3 games are 20 bucks or less and I do GameStop for some and always check disks. I don't even bother with 360 at GameStop, or local shops, because of disk wear.

I also supported local stores in Gainesville, fl back when they were common. I got a few good ps2 titles at the only one left when I go home to visit. I also farmed the hell at Walmarts here in Alabama since no one knows shit about some titles and bargain bins would be full of gems like lost odyssey. The games I pay full price for are usually collector editions or games I simply must own like mass effect, ni no kuni, remember me, last of us, nis rpgs and dark souls.

My stuff is all over the place, one day it'll all be packed up and displayed on a shelf........

I doubt I have any boxes for my N64, SNES, NES, GB, GBA, DS games

ASFM

Neo Member
I honestly won't even take a picture because it can' hold up.

I only have Metal Gear Solid 4, MGS HD Collection, Max Payne 3, and Bioshock Infinite, all for PS3. Also have a copy of Manhunt for PS2, thats the entirely of it.

Paid off that PS4 though, so it's a trade off

Kumiorava

Neo Member
Lots of nice collections in here! Some of you must have spent a lot of time arranging your collection to look as nice as possible.

I have a medium-sized collection of 218 retail games and 115 (!) downloadable games (most of which is Humble Bundle stuff that I never had any intention to play). I don't have time to take pictures right now, though. My stuff is pretty scattered around the apartment, as my current apartment doesn't have enough space for a shelf dedicated solely for games. I hope that my next apartment will be large enough so that I can arrange my games more aesthetically and in one place.

Since I moved into a smaller place recently I have them all in stacks on a shelf which you can't see pictured. 27 high 17 stacks so 459? Last time I checked my physical PC collection it was about 90 and steam says 274 but take away a few mac versions and the beta's and I would say 260. So i think that puts me around 800 ish

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968351052/games?tab=all
Thats easier than a screen cap for steam, I can see if I can sift through some pictures of my old place after the weekend, but I doubt I can score new ones as I am moving in 3 weeks ago and everything goes to storage for 6 months.

fxwzmBjl.jpg

Old collection from 4 years ago, bottom 2 shelves of games were thrown into storage and since then I filled the rest of it with console games since then; it holds 93 per shelf.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
My collection is a fucking disgrace, and will reveal to RetroGAF definitively that I am a fraud, a lie, and a cheat. But now that I'm finally outta law school, I can buy more dumb shit and become the person I was always capable of being. This is a temporary setup, btw, so that's why it's such a mess.

So here's the main shelves right now:

CfM6fLk.jpg

Full of shit.

Here's a slightly closer look at the top shelves:

wYKo03a.jpg

I have every 3DS game I'm interested in, so that's kinda cool. I need to finish up my DS shit, though. I mean, one fucking import? I deserve every bad thing that happens to me.

That shit in the corner is my only PC Engine game, which I show off incessantly because it's the only cool thing in my entire collection:

h27X2dT.jpg

Bottom shelves:

aWamA2U.jpg

I have all the Vita games I'm interested in, and there's nothing on the horizon for that till like... whenever Ys comes out. Anyway, this highlights my exquisitely bad taste in movies, and that I like Beatmania, because I'm too much of a loser to just play Guitar Hero. My Gamecube and Xbox collections are fucking insulting. I should just fill my pockets with rocks and jump in a lake.

Mo shelves, mo shit:

Zh624c4.jpg

This highlights what a fucking weirdo I am. My taste in anime is just as defective as my taste in movies and games. If you're concluding that I weigh 400lbs and wear smelly, yellow sweatpants for days on end, you're goddamn right. I haven't seen my *redacted* in years.

More trash:

6QptHZw.jpg

Enhance:

u9zyLvl.jpg

Enhance:

cyIrqjI.jpg

Lotta shit in this stack. Battle Garegga, Soukyugurentai Otokuyo, Elevator Action Returns, Silhouette Mirage, Thunder Force V. Blech.

Dog vomit:

u3R1DbZ.jpg

I wanna be cool, but you can't be cool with a collection like this. This is a collection for a fool.

I do have a few other things, mostly shit I haven't even opened:

2gnDEo0.jpg

Top of the closet, above my collection of crusty, sweaty sweatpants and XXL video game t-shirts that are still too small:

oqOopZG.jpg

Just random shit like my retail PC games (mostly stuff that isn't out on GOG or Steam), and VNs like Saya no Uta, cuz I can only get with 2D girls due to an injunction recently entered against me.

More shit on GOG:

4RSm5ie.jpg

I'm all self-righteous and shit and don't want DRM on my games. Pictures of digital games aren't very arousing.

But here's another, shitbrick! :

md3ekBs.jpg

I have like 12 games on Steam, which I guess is kinda dumb since I don't really even like PC gaming that much. I basically just play Super Meat Boy anyway. I'm like two minutes off of the world record for speedrunning through it, but nobody cares because that's not even something people give you an award for. I blurred out my "friends" names because they don't want to be associated with me.

... I think I had too much fun writing this stupid shit.

A little ashamed of how my setup looks right now :(

I see a few people with glass shelves and I might go with those. I still have to update my collection but my sister still has my camera.

QiTJACE.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
cyIrqjI.jpg

Lotta shit in this stack. Battle Garegga, Soukyugurentai Otokuyo, Elevator Action Returns, Silhouette Mirage, Thunder Force V. Blech.

:O

The worst part is not that I'm jelly that you own Battle Garegga, is that probably among that huge pile of games you haven't even played it! :/

Yuripaw

Banned
Man...looking at this thread, has really just made me regret and miss all the games I have had and ended up having to sell over the years. I used to have an awesome NES collection, that I had to sell because we needed the money...had a lot of PS2 games...fair amount of Zelda games that were complete. Alas, I can't really live in the past, and am just enjoying my games in the present.

@SillyEskimo

How'd you make such a wide image for your steam collection? By the way, I don't mean this to sound creepy, but your daughter is very cute ^_^.

I've decided to post in here though, because one game collection I've built up since it's launch that I'm kinda proud of is my Wii U collection. I feel like I own pretty much every game released for the system so far that I would want, and going forward, I'm gonna try to keep up with all the good games for it.

These are the majority of physical games I currently have. My three main consoles now are Wii U, PS3, and 3DS.

Like I said before, I don't have many PS2 games, but I still have one of my all time favorites of course...

As far as my Wii U collection goes, it extends even in the digital side of things. I've own pretty much every digital title I would want on the system that is currently available.

My digital collection for PS3 is also pretty extensive. I've bought a fair amount of PSN only, and retail games off of PSN. I actually made a japanese account though just so I could buy this game, because I love this series.

My steam list has also gotten crazy, it's nice having games digitally sometimes because you can't sell them, lol.

That's pretty much it. I mostly wanted to post here, because I'm pretty happy with how my Wii U collection is coming along. I feel like one of the few people who's been happy with the system, and I'm looking forward to what's still coming out for it. That's kinda the benefit of it having such little third party support...getting all the games I want won't be as difficult, lol.

GulAtiCa

I meant to post in here earlier, but better late then never.

My main TV. 51in or so. My Wii u is on the right along with it's 2TB HDD behind it. My main consoles are also stored here, as seen in next photo.
img_20130611_235335_9j1on9.jpg

Underneath my TV holds most of my systems. (PS3, PS2, SNES, 360, NES(NEX), GC with GBA Player, Dreamcast) What is not shown, is my Sega Master system in the right cover.
img_20130611_235425_3pcqdj.jpg

My main modern game collection, consisting of mostly modern console games. 360/PS3 in top shelf, Wii/Wii U in middle, and bottom is just a bunch of DS/3DS/Vita boxes.
img_20130611_233641_5i1o58.jpg

On top of this, you see some of my game case collection that stands out, like Half-Life 2 box, Zelda Skyward Sword, etc. The Mario case on the right stores my DS/3DS games.
img_20130611_233654_8gqq7n.jpg

A look at some of my more retro stuff. This is in my hallway to my garage, so first thing I see when i get home.
Top shelf: Sega Master, Genesis, 32X, Sega-CD
2nd shelf: Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1 & 3DO, Virtual Boy games (in the red DS cases)
3rd shelf: Just some system show offs. My original Wii launch system, 3DO, Playstation, NES
img_20130611_233755_26epok.jpg

img_20130611_233815_8cqpz6.jpg

A look at some of the stuff on top of that shelf. Virtual Boy, Game Boy Printer, Camera, N64 Transfer Pack.
img_20130611_233735_5ukrv8.jpg

My main collection of stuff in my front room where my Computer also is. Mostly retro stuff I like to display.
On top: Famicom & Famicom Disk System. Zelda 1 & Metroid Famicom Disk Games with Soul Blader(Soul Blazer in US) right behind it. To the right of that, is my Sim City 64DD game, then a bunch of boxed SNES games with the Super Scope behind it. Then comes my SMT IV, Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower display. Finally comes my Panasonic Q GameCube and Sega SG-1000 II (Their first home console).
Top row: NES games for first two columns. Then my SNES games for last two columns.
Middle row: N64 games for first two columns. Last column used for Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 games.
Bottom row: Atari 2600 games, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis Model 1
2013-07-2815.45.038sumt.jpg

Right above that main collection, is a framed map of Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past.
2013-07-2815.45.22dyudz.jpg

One of my older TVs containing some more systems. This is in my front room.
2nd Wii & Atari 2600 can be seen.
img_20130611_234031_3vtq8s.jpg

Under this, you can see my Halo themed Xbox, N64, Sega Saturn, and Sega Genesis-32X-CD combined.
img_20130611_234049_8u2os2.jpg

Lastly is my oldest TV on hand in my bed room with my original SNES (1st system) hooked up. I'm also thinking of moving my Sega Master System up here. The top shelf stores any games I'm currently playing s well as controllers
img_20130611_234637_2n8ql9.jpg

All I have left. Gave everything to a good friend who's been collecting games.
I kept these gems though. If the photo is mega I'm sorry, I'm on an iPad.
VCiMbUR.jpg

Took some pics today after dusting off the handheld collection and thought I'd post them up... My son and I have been collecting handhelds for maybe 10 years, and my wife and daughter painted the shelves for us about 8 years ago... The collection rests at the landing of the basement stairs, beside the tool room and outside my son's bedroom.

Here's a look at the whole coming down the hall from the home theatre.

rq7cPX0.jpg

first shelf - the first handheld video game system with exchangeable game cartridges, the Milton Bradley Microvision, in all it's 16x16 LCD glory, and a rare and wonderful Pokekon Game Pocket Computer (Japan only), along with a classic Coleco Electronic Football:

XftCZwf.jpg

top right - a couple of Atari Lynx's, gen one and gen two, along with some older LED games, including an awesome Parker Brothers Wildfire LED Pinball game:

WyUK2Rt.jpg

third shelf - a couple Game Gears (we seem to have lots of these) and a Nomad, along with a couple of recent SEGA licensed handhelds:

SMGAaqX.jpg

shelf four - the Game Boy shelf... You can see most of the Play It Loud colors of the original GB along the left and there are a couple GB Pockets (one MiB), a Game Boy Light with all original packaging, and a couple Game Boy Colors... There are also a pair of Pokemon Mini systems - these things are the smallest cartridge-based handhelds I've ever seen, and are really very cool.

9GJ9ZEH.jpg

beneath the SEGA systems we have a variety of stuff - the TurboExpress (maybe my favorite handheld ever before the release of the NeoGeo Pocket), a GameMate (an older Game Boy competitor) in the back, one of each of the Nokia N-Gage iterations, and three great emulation handhelds - the GP32, GP2X and a Dingoo.

rO3GR4l.jpg

the sixth shelf has a few Nintendo Game & Watch systems along with some Game Boy Advance stuff...

hvSXuhR.jpg

here are the three versions of the Neo Geo Pocket (original, Color and Color mk. II) along with the rare and bizarre Koei Pasago, a Japanese-only handheld (all the carts available for it are takes on the game GO).

wDMXbZ8.jpg

shelf eight has a couple of Nintendo DS systems (original and light) along with our Virtual Boy and a Hyperkin NES clone handheld system.

W5WiFmp.jpg

shelf nine is a couple PSP1000s (one NiB) and a Sony PocketStation, along with six Wonderswans (original, Wonderswan Color and a Swan Crystal, each on display with a NiB version behind it)

yroompJ.jpg

the bottom shelves aren't all that exciting... here we have a game.com, a game.com light and a couple of R-Zone systems with a weird little LCD Star Wars system from the 90s.

6k7SAZ9.jpg

and this one has a Game King (a Chinese riff on the Game Boy for domestic consumption), a Cybiko, an original Leapster and a couple of Supervisions (Watara and QuickShot)

XJDnYx5.jpg

and here's the PSP shelf... we have more than 300 UMD games for this system:

ZcNlyU9.jpg

the boxes at the bottom of the shelves are full of games, but in the end we've only got a fraction of the stuff on display - there are boxes in the storage space under the basement stairs filled with stuff, and here's a pic of one of the the book shelves in our music room that sort of became a landing zone for the systems we're actually using - in this pic there are two DS Lights, two DSi XLs, a DSi, two PSPgo's, three PSPs (a 1000 and two 3000s), a GBASP (AGS101) and a modded GBA with backlit screen from an AGS101, a GCW Zero, a NeoGeo X, a 3DSXL, a 2DS and a Vita on a Nyko Power Grip:

v78oUch.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Took some pics today after dusting off the handheld collection and thought I'd post them up... My son and I have been collecting handhelds for maybe 10 years, and my wife and daughter painted the shelves for us about 8 years ago... The collection rests at the landing of the basement stairs, beside the tool room and outside my son's bedroom.

Here's a look at the whole coming down the hall from the home theatre.

rq7cPX0.jpg

Fantastic handheld collection. Is there anything you're missing? Uh, like the MegaDuck? And the Revo K101 Game Boy hardware clone :p

Fantastic handheld collection. Is there anything you're missing? Uh, like the MegaDuck? And the Revo K101 Game Boy hardware clone :p

Ya, a MegaDuck (and/or CougarBoy) is on my "wanted" list, as is the PC Engine LT, the Gizmondo and the Tapwave Zodiac, but I've reached the level where these would be "nice to haves"; I don't really feel the compulsion to go out and get one "at any price" just to feel I've completed the collection (this is particularly true of the PC Engine LT, which tends to sell for silly money nowadays!)... and in a strange way, it's nice to have a few things you're still looking for; I really wouldn't want it to end...

As for newer clone and EMU hardware like the K101, I'm a fan of the scene but I'm only going to buy the systems that actually interest me for personal use at this point - like the GCW Zero and NeoGeo X, for instance. I couldn't possibly keep up with the flood of clones and copies that are being produced in China and Taiwan right now...

Ilúvatar

GpvcuUc.jpg

Sorry for the crummy phone quality. This is most of the physical stuff I have, not including PC. About half of my PS3 games and all of my PS4 games are up at school.

Top Bottom