• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

sol_bad

So I finally got around to taking some photos of my set up. I have everything set up in my small small room. I won't be showing my whole room because it's a mess. I just made my TV unit and shelves look clean. ^_^

Heres my set up. I have a Pioneer 7th generation 42inch plasma screen. My receiver is a Sony STR-DA3200ES so I can listen to uncomprssed PCM audio.
CIMG1755.jpg

Heres another picture looking down. My sub woofer is down the bottom left, my router is sitting on top of it.
CIMG17562.jpg

A closer look at my receiver, yes thats lots of gross dust underneith it.
CIMG17622.jpg

A close up of my PS3, yes it's dusty and thats after only an hour, my room totally sucks!
CIMG17362.jpg

A close up of my X360 ....... yes I own 4 control pads.
CIMG17712.jpg

My PS2 games
CIMG17472.jpg

My Xbox, X360, GBA, DS and Gamecube games
CIMG17482.jpg

My PC games 1
CIMG17452.jpg

My PC games 2
CIMG17462.jpg

My DC games
CIMG17492.jpg

My PS1 games
CIMG17502.jpg

DC R1D3R

Banned
sol_bad said:
So I finally got around to taking some photos of my set up. I have everything set up in my small small room. I won't be showing my whole room because it's a mess. I just made my TV unit and shelves look clean. ^_^

Heres my set up. I have a Pioneer 7th generation 42inch plasma screen. My receiver is a Sony STR-DA3200ES so I can listen to uncomprssed PCM audio.

TIGHT:D

here is my tv displaying VF5..Sony Wega HD Trinitron XBR 34"
DSC00107.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

my Ps3 and my 360 with pioneeer wireless 5.1 headphones.
DSC00100.jpg

and my new gateway 24" widescreen LCD standing in Portrait mode
DSC00096.jpg

my games
DSC00109.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

my dvd collection which is 3 rows of dvd on each shelf.
DSC00111.jpg

ant1532

Banned
dark10x said:
Here's a pic of my current setup. Nothing compared to some of these crazy setups, though. :\

DSC02204.jpg
If I was you I would put the PS3 under the TV and another white system up there. Maybe a Dreamcast or Saturn.

ant1532 said:
If I was you I would put the PS3 under the TV and another white system up there. Maybe a Dreamcast or Saturn.

Or he could just smear some white glue on it, that'd take care of it. It'd cover up those nasty fingerprints and dust.

sspeedy

dino1980 said:
Here are my place. A little bit messy now, have an exam next week.

Z4fiLr.jpg

MzGQI0.jpg

If that's 'messy', I'll take it any day of the week. Most of you have such nice setups... but all the wires, meh.

123rl

sol_bad said:

CIMG1755.jpg

That's the amp I want to buy! :) Do you like it? What speakers do you have connected to it? Have you tried 5.1 PCM through it yet?

dino1980

sspeedy said:
If that's 'messy', I'll take it any day of the week. Most of you have such nice setups... but all the wires, meh.

Hehe I know. Have to do something about that. Here is the horror behind the tv. :lol

X6PFnF.jpg

sspeedy

dino1980 said:
Hehe I know. Have to do something about that. Here is the horror behind the tv. :lol

X6PFnF.jpg

holy shit dino! kidding aside, wouldn't that be a hazard? I should be lucky enough to move to a new apartment in the next few months... so I get to start all over. yay.

dino1980

sspeedy said:
holy shit dino! kidding aside, wouldn't that be a hazard? I should be lucky enough to move to a new apartment in the next few months... so I get to start all over. yay.

Hehe I dont want to think about it. But I will also move in a few months, so I will try to sort out this gigantic mess of cables.

cRIPticon

After getting around to cleaning out my office (getting ready for GDC took my life for the past 2 1/2 months), I got everything back together and felt it was time to post some pics. So...here is the gaming view in my house:

Office1.jpg

In one corner of my office, I have a Vectrex and VirtualBoy at the right height to roll up and play from my office chair. R2 stands guard.

office2.jpg

On the other side of my office is my work/play system. Dual monitors, Athlon 4000+ rig, etc. Notice my Xbox there, connected to the PC's video card.

office3.jpg

And on another wall in my office we have 'The Shrine'. The arcade cabinet is one that I built and plays the Williams Arcade collection as well as the HanaHo Capcom collection. Systems on display and connected to the switchbox on the small TV (except for the handhelds of course)are, from the top shelf down and left to right: NES, SNES, "off market" game system purchased while in Europe, Atari 10-in-one joystick, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Genesis and 32X, NeoGeo Pocket Color, WonderSwan Color, Atari Lynx, GBA with Afterburner installed, GBA SP, Game Gear, 2 Nintendo DS's, Atari Jaguar CD-ROM, 3DO FZ-10, Atari Jaguar, Pong system board, VIC-20, Colecovision. Most of the games are stored in the shelves and drawers of the unit.

I can also pipe the video to the arcade machine or my PC as well!

GBABorder.jpg

Ever wonder what you can use your old GBA boxes for? Make a ceiling border!

BRoom.jpg

In my bedroom, we have the GameCube, N64 and PS1. Not shown is my wife's DS Lite :)

FRoom.jpg

In the family room, we have a Zenith 50" plasma. Connected to it are the Nintendo Wii, PS2 and the XBox 360.

Other systems not shown are my Atari 2600, another NES in box, Coleco Telestar Arcade and my Pole Position sit down cabinet that I refitted with a Dreamcast and steering rig.

PHEW! That's it for now :)

mollipen

dino1980 said:
Here are my place. A little bit messy now, have an exam next week.

Wow, I absolutely love that TV stand. Very cool.

Can't remember whose set-up it was.. DCharlie, maybe, or somebody else... where they have the HDTV and an Xbox 360 on the floor next to it, and then the Wii over on a cabinet/shelf off to the side, but that really got me to thinking that I'm going to work hard to keep my systems away from my TV when I get my new place. Now that everything is wireless and system placement isn't as important, I much prefer the look of having the consoles off out of the way instead of "dorking up" the area directly around the TV.

no angel

in honour of my ps3's arrival, here's my modest setup

SS850107.jpg

SS850111.jpg

everything retro upstairs in my gf's dressing room but it's such a state she won't let me in there with the camera :lol

sol_bad

123rl said:
That's the amp I want to buy! :) Do you like it? What speakers do you have connected to it? Have you tried 5.1 PCM through it yet?

Yeah I've tried PCM 5.1 and if I wanted to I could try PCM 7.1.
I'm not a huge home theatre buff and the speakers I on are Sony's SAVS300H (Australian name) speaker set up. To me these sound great and Blu Ray absolutely kicks the shit out of DVD in the audio department.
I do however intend on upgrading my rear speakers and centre speaker at some point, to something that has a bit more oomf to them.
Concerning the receiver it's also great to me and everything sound great through it so far.

painey

dino1980 said:

X6PFnF.jpg

I have that exact CD shelf.. in fact 3 of them, 1 in white 2 in beachwood. God bless IKEA.

IoCaster

Primarily a PC gamer, but recently getting back into console gaming.

pcmac.jpg

Here's my Lan gaming PC and Mac on my utility/techbench/desk in my computer/play room.

ps3desktop.jpg

This is the otherside with my main desktop and PS3 setup. I don't have any fancy, high dollar audio system. I just use tv speakers or headphones depending on the game.

x360.jpg

I put my X360 in the bedroom and use the 5.1 surround headphones w/mic. I can kick back and do some late night gaming.

A very modest setup compared to most, but like I said I'm still primarily a PC gamer.

dark10x said:
Here's a pic of my current setup. Nothing compared to some of these crazy setups, though. :\

DSC02204.jpg

Sorry to have to do it like this, but I don't have a digital camera and have to steal someone's pic for an example [being a PhD Candidate for the loss, I suppose :(].

Anyway, I have a LCD and a metal tv stand much like the one in this pic, only a little smaller, and I have my PS3 and 360 sitting under the tv. It's not the setup some people have on here--which are very, very nice, like the one in this pic--but I really like it. But my games and DVDs are sitting on a tall, wooden bookcase right now, and the contrast with the metal of the tv area has recently started to drive me nuts. I've looked around my crap college town and all the online sites I could think of but didn't find much. If anyone could recommend a company or website to look at for game/DVD stands, not too tall, that fit this kind of gray metal tv stand, and that isn't too pricey [again, being a PhD Candidate for the loss], it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Clouseau

Here's mine complete with on screen image of a huge bug eating another bug on Discovery HD. :lol

IMG_1919.jpg

Pioneer 5070HD plasma, Wii, 360, PS2, Marantz receiver, Onix Rocket speakers, and Toshiba A2 HD-DVD player

Klotera

In order to not kill page loading time, I've put pretty small pics. You'll have to click on them for larger version to see any detail.

Main rec room
34" Sony KV-34HS420 HDTV.
Sony reciever, Klipsch speakers and sub.
Playstation 2
Xbox 360
Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive (sporting the Fearless disc in the pic)
Cheap-o (but region free and progressive) Cyberhome DVD player
Dish Network HD reciever

Another Angle

Media cabinet with most of my DVDs/games/music CDs

Not exact the most popular game on these forums, but I like it - so I'm sporting the DoA4 poster.

I've already got a mess of wires behind my TV downstairs and the Wii isn't HD anyway, so I keep my Wii on the SDTV upstairs. Laptop is hooked up to the TV too. This'll be important since looks like DirecTV is getting an exclusive on the Extra Innings package and I live in KC. So, I'll have to subscribe to MLB.tv to watch my Cardinals all season.

May be hard to see unless you click for the larger pic. I keep my PSP and GBA in our bedroom, so I have gaming in the three main rooms of the house I spend time in. The PSP is sitting next to the lamp (my Penny Arcade book sitting under it), so it's right there when I wake up on a Saturday morning. The GBA is sitting on the bookshelf in its case. You'll notice on the shelf below, next to my PSP games, I have my DS Castlevanias for the DS I haven't bought yet (until I find a way to buy it without my wife being mad at me for spending even more money on games)

... poor Dreamcast. All alone on this shelf in my bedroom. I don't keep it hooked up - I just pull it out and hook it up when I have the urge to play Virtua Tennis or Crazy Taxi or something (maybe some 4-player Powerstone 2 when I have friends over).

Top Bottom