• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

cicero

cRIPticon said:
GBABorder.jpg

Ever wonder what you can use your old GBA boxes for? Make a ceiling border!
ahahaha. You just made my weekend.

And you are married too? What does the wife think of your decorating style, or do you keep her chained in the basement?

123rl

sol_bad said:
Yeah I've tried PCM 5.1 and if I wanted to I could try PCM 7.1.
I'm not a huge home theatre buff and the speakers I on are Sony's SAVS300H (Australian name) speaker set up. To me these sound great and Blu Ray absolutely kicks the shit out of DVD in the audio department.
I do however intend on upgrading my rear speakers and centre speaker at some point, to something that has a bit more oomf to them.
Concerning the receiver it's also great to me and everything sound great through it so far.

Cool, thanks :) Very tempted to buy that receiver as it's the only one in this country that's anything close to being that good for the price I'd pay. It's insanely good value for money

mrklaw

MrArseFace
shidoshi said:
Wow, I absolutely love that TV stand. Very cool.

Can't remember whose set-up it was.. DCharlie, maybe, or somebody else... where they have the HDTV and an Xbox 360 on the floor next to it, and then the Wii over on a cabinet/shelf off to the side, but that really got me to thinking that I'm going to work hard to keep my systems away from my TV when I get my new place. Now that everything is wireless and system placement isn't as important, I much prefer the look of having the consoles off out of the way instead of "dorking up" the area directly around the TV.

I'm trying to do the same. Still work in progress though :)

cRIPticon - love that inbuilt unit under the TV.

As for cables - its inevitable with lots of systems you'll have spaghetti, thats normal. Just try to stuff it behind a cupboard out of sight is about the best you can do

cRIPticon

cicero said:
ahahaha. You just made my weekend.

And you are married too? What does the wife think of your decorating style, or do you keep her chained in the basement?

Well, the border is in my home office, so she just shuts the doors :)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
000_0036.jpg

000_0037.jpg

000_0039.jpg

Samsung 50'' HLS 720p DLP
Shitty old Sony HTIB
PS3, 360, Dish network HD receiver

Forgive the lighting, I never take pictures indoors. I also have my old 32'' WEGA and PS2 in the bedroom, but it's pretty underwhelming so no pics of that. My next investment will be either a new PC monitor for the office or new speakers for the main setup. Both are sorely needed as you can see and I can't decide what to upgrade.

Dartastic

32" Philips Sexyness,
Slimline PS2
Wii
Bose Lifestyle 38 (hopefully to be replaced with a 35 soon...)
60 Gig iPod Video
Xbox 360 (with BEST DASHBOARD THEME EVAR)
Over air HD antenna (mes poor, and I don't actually WATCH too much tv)
Andddd.... a picture of Johnny Marr for fun.

I'd say it's not bad for being 22 and poor... however, the entire setup is gonna get switched around in the next day or so, as I'm moving. That reminds me... I gotta start packing... = (
cimg4752xw4.jpg

cimg4754eo4.jpg

cimg4755lu7.jpg

cimg4732bg0.jpg

Dartastic

MaX_PL said:
mmmmmm darktastic, i hope you realize that half of your xbox 360 vents are covered by carpet.
Yeah, I actually am.... Hopefully this way my 360 will break for like the 5th time and I can REALLY get mad at M$. = p

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
pirateben said:
You better hope no one opens that door with any kind of serious force...

:lol It looks bad doesn't it? Actually that door leads to a second story balcony and we don't have kids so there's nothing to worry about. I did think about it initially though.

MaX_PL

Banned
yeh i think 60% of the furniture in this thread is bought at IKEA.

oh well, stylish and affordable works for me.

Finally finished the setup just now. Was trying not to wake up the wife while working on it. :lol

setup20071.jpg

Zieg Zeon!

setup20072.jpg

setup20073.jpg

setup20074.jpg

yeh i think 60% of the furniture in this thread is bought at IKEA.

I've seen about 3 of the exact same setup that my parents use at their house. IKEA FTW!

Xav

Made some minor changes since last time I posted, this time I got the DS Lite instead of the old DS haha. Not made the jump to a next gen console yet though I'll probably get a Wii & 360 later this year. Oh & I posted a totally random pic of my stealing the Fisherman's hat in Ocarina of Time.

donkey show said:
Finally finished the setup just now. Was trying not to wake up the wife while working on it. :lol

setup20071.jpg

Zieg Zeon!

You have to respect anyone who manages to have a wife AND a flag with the RE4 symbol on it! :D

At any rate, that's a very, very nice setup. I really like the sense of balance to it, although two Wiis seems a bit of overkill. :)

Finaly got around to the whole "Next-Gen" thing.
P1010025.jpg

And loveing every second of it.

Captain Glanton said:
You have to respect anyone who manages to have a wife AND a flag with the RE4 symbol on it! :D
I think you will find thats the Principality of Zeon flag from Mobile Suit Gundam and not the Los Illuminados symbol from RE4.

PS: I WANT ONE NOW! WHERE DO I GET?

At any rate, that's a very, very nice setup. I really like the sense of balance to it, although two Wiis seems a bit of overkill.
LOL, I actually play the Japanese one more than the US one except for Wii Sports, so I think that having two serves its purpose well. :lol Thanks though.

King Of Braves said:
I think you will find thats the Principality of Zeon flag from Mobile Suit Gundam and not the Los Illuminados symbol from RE4.

I found it at Akihabara. Lucky for me, it was the last one in the store. :lol Maybe some place like HLJ might have it.

That keyboard/gamecube controller hybrid is the greatest thing I've ever seen
Indeed. I wish it served a greater purpose than just PSO GC. I tried using it as a keyboard for the Wii and unluckily it didn't work. =(

Tokubetsu

King Of Braves said:
P1010025.jpg

And loveing every second of it.

YES! Must know where you got the Principality of Zeon flag ='(

scruff.jpg

Significantly less impressive than many of your setups, but it does the job for me. My PC/XBox/PS3/Wii all share the TV, with the PC using DVI, 360 on VGA, Wii on Scart and PS3 on component (via scart) 720p. The TV sadly doesn't do 1080.

I might get a proper stand someday instead of a handmedown coffee table, but it looks okay and does the job.

Manp

Android18a said:
scruff.jpg

Significantly less impressive than many of your setups, but it does the job for me. My PC/XBox/PS3/Wii all share the TV, with the PC using DVI, 360 on VGA, Wii on Scart and PS3 on component (via scart) 720p. The TV sadly doesn't do 1080.

I might get a proper stand someday instead of a handmedown coffee table, but it looks okay and does the job.

i've had that TV for 3 days... it's a cheap but really good set (mine was faulty)

:)

King Of Braves said:
[And loveing every second of it.

Huh! Looks just like it--I'm not a Gundam player, though, so I wouldn't have known the diff.

And it doesn't change my desire for bookcases/displays like he has alongside the tv.

Where do you get one of those gaming rack holders like the one Xav has in his pic that you place your games on and they go up vertically? What are they called on ebay?

Top Bottom