• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

GeNoMe

Just added you now :)

Just been through my friends list, barely anyone has any baskets right now and its made it pretty annoying converting my blue eggs to pink eggs. I try to use Gaffers over people from the Facebook tapped out comments, but no Gaffers had any :/

I always end up trying Lamonster since he was in basket heaven for first couple of weeks, but he's not had too many baskets this last week either :/

Thanks for the add :)
Also, I have a bunch of baskets laying around. Do your worst ;)

TeddyBoy

Thanks for the add :)
Also, I have a bunch of baskets laying around. Do your worst ;)

No problem!

I used all my eggs this morning, so I've barely got any left now :/

I'm about to go through my friends towns though, so I'll try and use your baskets if I have enough eggs when I'm in your town :)

TeddyBoy

A request to Genome and others, please space your baskets out a bit. When they are all so close together I'm not going to tap a blue basket with a pink one right next to it :/

Once you have all the pink and blue prizes, what's more efficient to get gold eggs?

Should I keep converting my primary eggs to my rare eggs because rare boxes give 300 gold eggs vs 100 gold eggs in primary boxes...or should I spend my eggs on primary boxes because I'll have more eggs that way? And more eggs = more boxes = faster to opening 81 boxes which is enough to get every gold prize guaranteed.

TeddyBoy

That's a good question. I've never seen it clarified if the 81 max boxes opened means total boxes or if it's specific to each color box.

I presumed it was 81 combined boxes as I got the Banana Dictartorship on about my third gold box, if it required 12 combined boxes be opened before I got it, this would work. If it was 12 gold boxes I wouldn't of been able to get it.

Although I've seen people on the EA forums say they've opened more than 81 combined and still not got the required prize.

So, from personal experience it should be combined boxes, but others say it might not be (I realise how unhelpful this is).

krae_man

It's definitely 81 of that color. I got Banana dictatorship after a crap load of golf boxes and the bunny thing 5 boxes later.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I got the bunny for my first gold unlock and then a stupid tree for my second. :(

Got all the blue egg prizes as it was my common drop, still need Blocko Store, the lizards, and all the rest of the gold drops. Got the Fabrege drop within a day of finishing the main quest line. I need a ton more pink eggs. :(

TeddyBoy

I can't see anyone ever being able to open 81 gold boxes. Dumb on EA's part if true.

I think you mean smrt*:

31H-r-4YXLL.jpg

*Yes, that's a Simpsons reference.

Considering EA's penchant for updating the game on Wednesdays, if there was going to be a change to the prize system in this Easter event, it would probably come today as we are less than one week away from the scheduled end.

I'm thinking back to the Christmas event, where players complained that it was taking too long to get all the prizes and EA graciously extended the event for another 2 (?) weeks or so. Hoping something similar happens this time around too.

JTran2003

Considering EA's penchant for updating the game on Wednesdays, if there was going to be a change to the prize system in this Easter event, it would probably come today as we are less than one week away from the scheduled end.

I'm thinking back to the Christmas event, where players complained that it was taking too long to get all the prizes and EA graciously extended the event for another 2 (?) weeks or so. Hoping something similar happens this time around too.

That would be nice. To me this event has been more difficult then the others. Getting eggs has not been an easy task even with the few characters doing the egg task...

AleeN634

Finally finished the pink box today. So far managed to get the Banana Dictatorship, Kang (or was it Kodos) topiary and Father Sean. I wonder if I'll finish the fence quest before the event ends, I'm about halfway through it.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Just wasted another 100 of my minority pink eggs in someone's town who has an annoying habit of just putting his baskets everywhere. Yesterday I had the wonderful experience of using pink eggs and getting a batch of gold eggs, which brought me to enough gold for a box, and that box giving me back half a box's worth of pink eggs. :|

Just wasted another 100 of my minority pink eggs in someone's town who has an annoying habit of just putting his baskets everywhere. Yesterday I had the wonderful experience of using pink eggs and getting a batch of gold eggs, which brought me to enough gold for a box, and that box giving me back half a box's worth of pink eggs. :|

Don't reward stupid behavior :p

They don't deserve your eggs!

TeddyBoy

Just got the Blocko store, prefect timing as well, my third year university exams start next week and I don't want to be spending half an hour every day collecting eggs.

Tomorrow will be the last day I go on Tapped Out for a while, this update was pretty poor overall and very frustrating. I managed to get everything I wanted, I don't care about people, only buildings, so although I missed out on Shary Bobbins, Father Sean, Hugs Bunny and the lizards, I'm not bothered by it.

Hellers

I'm down to needing Shary Bobbins and Hugs Bunny. Got Father Sean last night. Does anyone know how many more boxes I need to open before Shary and Hugs become guaranteed?

To be honest I'm tempted to blow my doughnuts on something else.

TeddyBoy

I'm down to needing Shary Bobbins and Hugs Bunny. Got Father Sean last night. Does anyone know how many more boxes I need to open before Shary and Hugs become guaranteed?

Pretty sure Shary Bobbins is 81 off the top of my head.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone wanna add me go ahead, ponn01. Lots of Easter baskets but no friends :( I'm getting lots of pink eggs, didn't realize they were random common or uncommon drops.

I've been playing this for months now and still only got 25 donuts. Is there another way to get them or they just really want you to spend money to get donuts?

Shary is guaranteed at 80 gold boxes and you don't have a chance to win her until you open at least 20 gold boxes. Hugs bunny guaranteed at 81. The rest of the guaranteed box numbers are here as well as odds.

Hellers

I wish I'd kept track of how many gold boxes I'd opened. That way I can figure out if my Father Sean was blind luck or opening my 50th gold box.

Meh. I might knock it on the head and move on. I've got plenty out of this event. :)

krae_man

I just want 3 more groups of fence so I can complete that task and get the donuts. I'm not spending 50 donuts to get 15 donuts. Oh and Egg counsel guy. Dammit give me him and fense already and no more damn ponds.

I just want 3 more groups of fence so I can complete that task and get the donuts. I'm not spending 50 donuts to get 15 donuts. Oh and Egg counsel guy. Dammit give me him and fense already and no more damn ponds.

I have a bunch of ponds all grouped together and it's starting to look like a big swamp.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I only need two more fences for the donuts, but now that I'm trading out all my common eggs since I've gotten all their prizes, I just know I'll manage to not get those two with only three days left.

Edit: Well, never mind that. Of course it had to come out of a gold box instead of the pink box before it. :/ And now that I DO have it, I'm probably cursed to fences for the rest of the event.

Along another topic, what is up with some of the people whose names I got from this thread who seem to have quit playing after having premium items that would, even with several years of play and whatever free donuts could be had during that time, would have still had to have cost them several hundred dollars? One particular example is someone who has every single unique premium building, in addition to over a dozen whales. Did some of them find some sorts of hacks and end up getting their accounts locked rather than quitting?

I only need two more fences for the donuts, but now that I'm trading out all my common eggs since I've gotten all their prizes, I just know I'll manage to not get those two with only three days left.

Edit: Well, never mind that. Of course it had to come out of a gold box instead of the pink box before it. :/ And now that I DO have it, I'm probably cursed to fences for the rest of the event.

Along another topic, what is up with some of the people whose names I got from this thread who seem to have quit playing after having premium items that would, even with several years of play and whatever free donuts could be had during that time, would have still had to have cost them several hundred dollars? One particular example is someone who has every single unique premium building, in addition to over a dozen whales. Did some of them find some sorts of hacks and end up getting their accounts locked rather than quitting?

Thats what I want to know, some people have really nice Springfields but don't seem to have played for months

I'm jealous of Hank Scorpio's lair

It's possible they got free Google Play credit from various contests, I've used some credit on the game but only 10-20 dollars worth

scottnak

There are definitely ways to hack the game (there's even a subreddit dedicated to that)
If anyone has multiple whales... (heck even w/ one i'd be suspicious) I'd say they hacked their game.

Not sure i've heard anyone getting locked after using said hacks

JTran2003

I feel the same way. Want to hopefully finish the fences and get the egg council guy... Really don't want to use donuts especially since it was so hard to get them...

Arol

I'm not sure if anyone here works know but how do I get Facebook friend to play with me? Trying to get the wife's town to show up but it won't on my friends town.

I think I might just make her an origin account if that's what it takes.

JTran2003

As much as I hated the easter event I do hope they extend it for there are still things I would like to get such as the egg council guy and finishing the fences task.

krae_man

This stupid game. I have 49 fences...49!

I Think I can manage one more pink box from my friend taps before this ends(assuming it doesn't get extended).

Grrrrr.

Top Bottom