• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

Astonishingly awful event. It's always been a cash grab, but EA usually had the common decency to pretend otherwise before.

It's impossible to get the gold characters without dishing out serious cash. It's as simple as that.

I've spent a bit of cash on this in the past, but not any more. The whole thing just feels dirty.

rataplein

i had around 100 saved to buy barney too, and i ended using them BY ACCIDENT on Shauna... it was my fault, i know. ... but it felt like shit. i stopped playing too much by then.

krae_man

Fuck yeah! 50 fences under the wire. Come to pappa 15 donuts!

I should have got that weeks ago. Stupid broken ass event

Wait. Am I reading this right?

It takes 20 golden boxes to have a 3% chance of dropping Sherry Bobbins?

What a total pile of shit. It's damned near impossible to get her without buying metric fucktonnes of eggs. But don't worry! EA, in its grand benevolence, has been generous enough to patch in microtransactions for golden eggs!

Fucking EA.

Jezabel

So when is This god awful event over? It's been such a pain in the arse. Best I've got is egg guy and the Mexican restaurant.

Also add me! ID is Joshizzled

Wait. Am I reading this right?

It takes 20 golden boxes to have a 3% chance of dropping Sherry Bobbins?

What a total pile of shit. It's damned near impossible to get her without buying metric fucktonnes of eggs. But don't worry! EA, in its grand benevolence, has been generous enough to patch in microtransactions for golden eggs!

Fucking EA.

My favorite fan site TSTO Game crunched some numbers and found that if you play daily and have max friends, you have to spend about $20 to be guaranteed all of the prizes.

I'm fine with that if the prizes are worthwhile, although I'd prefer the top tier prizes to be decorations instead of story related content like characters with quests.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Dammit, even if it would probably have just been another tree, I only needed 8 more pink eggs for a box, but now it's forcing an update. :(

DarthWoo

As if that wasn't bad enough, it looks like the money from friend taps has been nerfed. I don't know if the $200 per tap was a gift with the Easter event, but it's back down to $100 (plus whatever minor bonus) no matter what type of tap it is.

As if that wasn't bad enough, it looks like the money from friend taps has been nerfed. I don't know if the $200 per tap was a gift with the Easter event, but it's back down to $100 (plus whatever minor bonus) no matter what type of tap it is.

No reason to even visit friends until they update the FP prizes anyway.

New content is usually dropped on Wednesdays though, so maybe we'll get something tomorrow.

JTran2003

Opened the pink box and got 100 gold eggs. Still need 400 gold eggs and have less then 100 blue and pink. Still need 4 fences and odds of getting that and or egg council guy seem very low... Maybe I should just update...

Rated-G

Arghh I'm so upset... This is the first event I wasn't able to finish. I wasn't able to get Shary, Father Sean, the Egg Council Guy, or the Faberge Egg. I signed on just now with the intention of spending the donuts I've saved up on Gld Eggs, but decided to visit all my friends first. The third person I visited caused the game to force update :(

The only limited time thing I've missed before this was the Wrestling Billboard :/

Man but that Easter event was a serious chore. I could have sworn it was supposed to run until the 20th as well...

The game will never again be as good as last year's Halloween update. Cool characters and buildings, fun progression, and no need to send ridiculous sums of money,

Having one wheel was bad enough, but three, with ridiculously slanted odds? Sod off.

I used 25 of my donuts to buy gold eggs in the hope I'd get the Banana Dictatorship, and I did. Add that to Father Shaun, flying Rabbit and the Faberge egg I won earlier and I'm happy. Still, worst event I have seen so far.

Edit: Also won the Blocko store.

krae_man

Squeaky voiced teen will be eventually won in a mystery box.

I have 3 blue baskets in my town. Someone use the damn things before I'm forced to update. I could be one more box away from Egg Console Guy!

I have 3 blue baskets in my town. Someone use the damn things before I'm forced to update. I could be one more box away from Egg Console Guy!

Man, everyone has been changing "Council" to "Console" - fan sites, comments, NeoGAF, my wife...I guess it's just a really easy mistake to make!

DarthWoo

The framerate is really bad, though that could be my iPad.

I have an older tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1), but it only got this bad usually if either I'd had the thing on close to two days with TSTO as a running process for most of the time, or occasionally in some really densely decorated friend towns. Now it's just doing it from the moment I start up in my own town, almost to the point of unplayability.

JTran2003

They forced an update on me last night! Right after I finally got blue baskets! Last boxes got me stupid umbrella and gold eggs... Was still 300 away for gold box.

krae_man

You probably just tapped something you shouldn't have. I went into a friends town who had updated and it prompted me to update but I just declined. Now I check egg totals before I go into friend towns.

Snagged one more blue box and...Gold eggs. One of my blue baskets has 3 eggs in it. Come on friends, one more tap! It would be awesome if my next 2 blue baskets were: Egg Council Guy, 300 Gold Eggs->Sherry Bobbins.

Still holding out hope.

On the completely pointless side, I randomly make a Springfield downs bet and won on the 99-1 dog. Yeah! $200k I don't need anymore.

DarthWoo

Hopefully they fix this lag issue soon. Even without the event, I still try to do friend taps in the hopes of donuts, but it was just unbearable today. If it's affecting all platforms, I imagine there are a lot of frustrated people out there.

krae_man

And EA finally forced the update :(

And this update is a buggy laggy mess. But on the plus side Cool Lisa is finally a Friend point prize.

JoeM86

And EA finally forced the update :(

And this update is a buggy laggy mess. But on the plus side Cool Lisa is finally a Friend point prize.

Despite that, I'm not getting Friend Points at the moment for anything.

On looking, I'm not the only one. They really messed up this update.

JTran2003

You get friend points from all friend taps now, not just the graffiti.

Thats a nice addition. Not that many graffiti buildings to take advantage of the friend points. Now don't have to worry about making sure to clean Tue buildings to get the taps from friends.

Hellers

iPad Air here and it's almost unusable. I think I'll make sure it's backed up and switch to my Kindle Fire until it gets patched properly

Top Bottom