• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simpsons Tapped Out |OT| Push Notification

UberTag

So how do events in Tapped Out work exactly?

Is this just another currency we'll now get from friends the way we would get Friend Points or is there more to it than that?

I'm guessing our characters will also have jobs to earn Stonecutters currency as well.

Holy hell, this seems like a... good update? Plenty of content? No Wheel of Fortune to be seen?

Either they've moved away from the ridiculous fleecing of the Valentines and Easter event, or there's going to be a hell of a catch somewhere down the line.

JoeM86

Holy hell, this seems like a... good update? Plenty of content? No Wheel of Fortune to be seen?

Either they've moved away from the ridiculous fleecing of the Valentines and Easter event, or there's going to be a hell of a catch somewhere down the line.

It's EA, there's always a catch :p

It's EA, there's always a catch :p

Just found it, and... I can actually live with it.

To get big amounts of the currency for the update, you have to decipher clues and use them to send various characters on missions. The more missions you do in a day, the higher the amount of emblems you get for completion.

The catch to this is twofold- firstly, if the character that the hint is referring to is already doing a job, you have to buy them out with donuts. Secondly, to skip these special tasks, you need to pay out 40 donuts.

Fortunately, I've got plenty of dollars saved up, so I can afford not to send characters on tasks for a bit. The 40 donuts to skip hour long tasks is a bit of a joke, though.

Altazor

explain? Is that what the "store everything" option is called?

LamonsterZone

I have max friends right now but I'll kick someone for a fellow gaffer :)

request sent!

as for the update... it seems I'll have to wait. No sign of the update for me :(

EDIT: Spoke too soon - now it's updating!

Hellers

I suspect the previous events were too far along in development to remove the very badly received wheel of crap but the Stonecutters probably started development after they got the feedback.

In other news this game looks *razor* sharp on my 7inch Kindle Fire HDX

JoeM86

Just found it, and... I can actually live with it.

To get big amounts of the currency for the update, you have to decipher clues and use them to send various characters on missions. The more missions you do in a day, the higher the amount of emblems you get for completion.

The catch to this is twofold- firstly, if the character that the hint is referring to is already doing a job, you have to buy them out with donuts. Secondly, to skip these special tasks, you need to pay out 40 donuts.

Fortunately, I've got plenty of dollars saved up, so I can afford not to send characters on tasks for a bit. The 40 donuts to skip hour long tasks is a bit of a joke, though.

Hmm interesting. Do we know when this event ends?

Hellers

I've been doing that but I didn't realise you got more emblems for it. Really good to know.

Also nice that there's only a few missions to do for number 1 per day. That way I can set my characters on a task that takes me to up to the next morning where I can start again.

krae_man

I spent 8 donuts on Speeding up the Stonecutter building. Screw it, I'm behind and I know EA will be dicks with dishing out the new currency.

Luckily Homer was in Moes so I could just store that to get him available.

Wow, friend taps in this are non existant. You get one new spacebuck per friend tap for 20 friends, then nothing. Although I noticed I got 5 new spacebucks instead of one 4 times during my 60 taps somehow.

Hardly any of my friends have updated yet. Hopefully we can earn tons of it via jobs since that appears to be the only way earn them. I don't even see a way to buy them(short of buying buildings that earn them).

scottnak

I spent 8 donuts on Speeding up the Stonecutter building. Screw it, I'm behind and I know EA will be dicks with dishing out the new currency.

Luckily Homer was in Moes so I could just store that to get him available.

Wow, friend taps in this are non existant. You get one new spacebuck per friend tap for 20 friends, then nothing. Although I noticed I got 5 new spacebucks instead of one 4 times during my 60 taps somehow.

Hardly any of my friends have updated yet. Hopefully we can earn tons of it via jobs since that appears to be the only way earn them. I don't even see a way to buy them(short of buying buildings that earn them).

The in-game quests with #1 dos give a good amount of emblems.
There was also an in-game update earlier for me... maybe it changed it to the standard 5-4-3-2-1 emblem scheme we're used to?

I certainly got 1s all day and only for a short amount of peeps

JoeM86

Friend taps seem to be beneficial for the person you give taps to this time. If you clear your buildings of it soon after a friend does it you, you get 5 emblems per building. Within like 8 hours and you get 3 or 4.

krae_man

I hate how the #1 jobs aren't highlighted in yellow and at the top but instead are hidden in the list of jobs based on how long they take.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I hate how the #1 jobs aren't highlighted in yellow and at the top but instead are hidden in the list of jobs based on how long they take.

Isn't that the point of how all this is supposed to work? Doesn't take too long to look for, and at least it's something different.

TeddyBoy

Really enjoying this update so far, I just have couple question. Today one of my prophesies from number one involved the Aztec Theatre, I've got that building but since it's a premium building does that mean that everyone can get it and some people can't do it, or do other people get a different quest if they don't have the Aztec Theatre?

Also does everyone get the same prophesies from number one? Or is it randomised?

UberTag

25 more days to get 32000? That's what 1250/day? You get 1000/day from number one alone.
The Number One quests aren't a gimme for me.
Worked a bunch of 12-hour shifts at the office this week and my only copy of Tapped Out is on a Wi-Fi tablet at home. Will probably go right down to the wire.

fisheyes

This event is definitely the most manageable for a while, but I still feel like unless you can get on multiple times a day, it could be hard work to hit those last prizes.

BodySystem Lars

Neo Member
Finally an update that seems to be pulling me back in!!!!
Unfortunately its not pulling any of my current friends in.

If any one has extra space or needs more friends, feel free to send request..

BodySystemLars

BodySystem Lars

Neo Member
After the show ends they'll launch a Simpsons Tapped Out future hub where we'll be able to build a futuristic Springfield complete with older versions of all the characters and guest stars from Futurama.

My Origin ID, btw, is gaTrebU.
I did a trial run of the game using BlueStacks (in my pre-tablet owning days) under my standard UberTag name but I spent some donuts unintentionally and don't plan on going back to that one as of right now.

sent you a request as well!

This event is definitely the most manageable for a while, but I still feel like unless you can get on multiple times a day, it could be hard work to hit those last prizes.

Yeah, getting on multiple times a day is pretty much a requirement for this one. Doing a load of Number 1's tasks is the most effective way of getting emblems.

Top Bottom